Prestige

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Aedarton
Sojourner

Prestige

Postby Aedarton » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:04 pm

Just curious. Does prestige do anything ?

-Aed
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:23 pm

gives the gods something to tell us 'is coming'
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:28 pm

It decreases the lag time inbetween preening, and nancing...
The only thing more accurate than enemy fire is friendly fire.

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Bakeledam the CombatMedic.
Waelos
Sojourner

Nope

Postby Waelos » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:38 pm

At the moment it does nothing. It is speculated that will do as much as it does now, to allowing you to create artifacts that rival Fade. =) bwhahaha.

Anyway. I think it will be used for the new 'kingdom code'. Exactly how is heretofore yet unknown. I'd like to see it be able to be used for a restring or two.

I also hope we don't lose it as we get things. I'd like to see at 5000 prest you get to get 1 restring. . .so we can have ever-progressing presteige levels, but only get one benefit per level or whatever. Im babbling!

Lost
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:09 pm

OMG

Lost stole my idea. :cry: I was gonna suggest 5k prestige and 50th level for restring. Figure that gives a 50th level character 1 restring. If you did quite a bit of RP you could pick up a second one. Maybe make a cash amount too (5k? gotta keep the vibe going), to make cash worth something. 50th 5k plat 5k prest. that'd work.

Yes, I know people could then level multiple 50th level characters and get restrings.... So? :? If you wanna make 10 50th level characters to get restrings, fine by me. You spend that much time, I'm all for you looking cool.

Seriously though, restrings (other than making more work for Admin) have no downside.

I have always wanted to restring my Falcon Boots as 'Salen's trusty old slippers' (even if it was ruled I couldn't 'name' them I'd still go trusty old slippers) and I would LOVE to redo the fugly Stronmaus as Laurels of an Elven Saint (yes that is what my badge says now). Does either one make me tougher than I am now? No. Does either one change game balance at all? No. Does it change the economics of the game at all... Maybe. It would make 50th level worth something, so that isn't so bad. If someone wants to level to 50th to restring an item and trade it... fine. They got the item, they got the restring, if they are willing to part with it for some eq or cash, that's silly... but fine by me.

PLUS you could then have a contest. Given X criteria, who has the best restring in game. Once every so many months, people nominate items, Gods (or someone else who can retrieve the item ansi) posts the items in a list, you use the POLL (OMG nooooooo) and vote. Winner gets something cool, like prestige(jk). Maybe an free restring.

Oh and while we are at it, I'd give up my restrung items to be able to restring other stuff. I'd be loosing eq, but it would be worth it to me.

*yawn*

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:15 am

Actually both of you already thought the idea I posed to the other imms a month ago. Sadly it was chopped up, diced into a million pieces, and fed to ettercaps.
:?
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:04 am

combatmedic wrote:It decreases the lag time inbetween preening, and nancing...

No, no, that's not it. You forget, until you can do a !lag preen-to-nance, you're not let off the island. Don't you remember, the exercises? "Class! All together! 5, 6, 7, 8, FLIP hair, WALK away, FLIP hair, WALK away, FLIP.... Ashiwi! Stop sneaking! Try it again!"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:33 am

Prestige: 11135

Ashiwi preens.

I was born with it behbeh!
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Re: *yawn*

Postby Azenilsee » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:45 am

Malar wrote:Actually both of you already thought the idea I posed to the other imms a month ago. Sadly it was chopped up, diced into a million pieces, and fed to ettercaps.

:cry:
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
Zazyg
Sojourner

Postby Zazyg » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:48 pm

Daz wrote:gives the gods something to tell us 'is coming'

Bah! They already had the drow are coming, and now that they are here, we still have the occasional whispers of "menzo is coming..." :P
Zazyg Ark'Henneld
-----------------------
Jesus Saves
Allah Protects
Cuthullu thinks you would make a pretty good lunch
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:45 pm

Salen wrote:PLUS you could then have a contest. Given X criteria, who has the best restring in game. Once every so many months, people nominate items, Gods (or someone else who can retrieve the item ansi) posts the items in a list, you use the POLL (OMG nooooooo) and vote. Winner gets something cool, like prestige(jk). Maybe an free restring.

(worn on waist) a thick leather strap named 'Discipline'

Wherez mah prize!?!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:53 pm

8)

I remember the description contest they tried to hold during Toril. There was so much bitching that they called it off. Would be cool if they had another description contest.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:36 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

I remember the description contest they tried to hold during Toril. There was so much bitching that they called it off. Would be cool if they had another description contest.

They didn't call it off, i actually came in 2nd place in that contest, won myself 10 restrings. Only used 4 of them, so technically i have 6 left, although kia informs me that its not very likely that the immortals here will be honoring my expired coupons. :cry:
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Prestige

Postby Shevarash » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:26 am

Aedarton wrote:Just curious. Does prestige do anything ?

No.

But it will, just as soon as it can all be coded. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:03 pm

thanuk wrote:
Yayaril wrote:8)

They didn't call it off, i actually came in 2nd place in that contest, won myself 10 restrings. Only used 4 of them, so technically i have 6 left, although kia informs me that its not very likely that the immortals here will be honoring my expired coupons. :cry:

I remember two of these contests -- the first one which Menoch won/Thanuk came in 2nd (I got top 50 with my monk, woo!), and then the second one which was cancelled. I just wanted to say that they kicked AZZ and I would love it if the imms would think about putting on another one. It really added to the RP aspect of the mud, and I think it would be a fun, once-in-a-blue-moon type of thingie (like random invasions of WD) to have, just to spice things up a little. :)

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”