Globe and shield

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
kolasi
Sojourner

Globe and shield

Postby kolasi » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:17 am

Was wondering if its normal for someone w/ globe to have stones knocked of rapidly cause mob has fireshield. logic tells me globe would block the damage no?

-zizev
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:25 am

Regular globe allows stone to be chipped away by shield, Elementalist Ward does not. Ward > globe
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:46 pm

Yet the Enchanter is the master of enchantments...

This was always one of the most inane rules in the mechanics to me.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:53 pm

Well ward only block elemental damage and stone chipping from it, but doesn't stop spells like globe does.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:23 pm

Ry
You are making clerics look bad. What spells do you globe for that don't do 'elemental' damage?

The major use for it is a cold/fireshielded mob. Both of those are elemental damage (I hope they are anyway, if not there is something wrong). Thus, Ward (elementalist) is better than Globe (enchanter) in a place that 'should' be the enchanters area of expertise.

I never really thought about it till now, but yeah it seems Tarded to me (not that I care, because even though Im a powerhouse of destruction with a 9/2 and no weapon, I still don't get haste/globe :wink: ).
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:41 pm

When you're level 50, when is globe ever used (outside of the extremely rare instance, or sometimes solo), in a zone?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:09 pm

Sorry Salen, I wasn't too clear huh.. hehehe. Thats what I meant, that ward blocks fire/cold shield totally and globe just blocks the damage from it and still lets it contact stone/scale and chip it away.

But yeah, if you have a ele with the group, they ward the tanks instead of globe.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:11 am

omg, salen....
enchanters SHOULD be the best at enchanting yes... but shouldn't elementalists ALSO be the best at elemental type spells and protection? just a thought!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:36 am

Well, since enchanters can't be artificers (Item makers), I would think reserving the best protection spells for them would make sense. I would think elementalists would have enough advantages between getting vit and pets, among a ton of other things to hold their own.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:20 am

whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses here people.

i *LIKE* the fact that other classes participate in the spellup besides me and the vitters. when i can drop globe from the list of spells i need to cast on everyone, it speeds up the entire prepping stage, and also lets me memorize blacklight burst. (regardless of what you think, a single spell that can slow a room full of pissed off giants is good for EVERYONE involved.)

personally, blur and scales is fine by me, if necros wanna globe and haste the hitters, elementalists wanna ward the tanks . . . its all butter. i *CAN* do it, but when other people *CAN* do it as well, then it really helps me take a burden off my shoulders and helps everyone do things better.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”