Attention admins : Shevvy, Miax --> Proxy time

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Attention admins : Shevvy, Miax --> Proxy time

Postby loshaenar » Thu May 01, 2003 3:23 pm

ok..i'll keep it short and sweet..

Proxy machine is setup... we've tested it..and works great.. (BILRAEX U DA MAN)... works for those folks outside U.S previously blocked..

now...b4 i publish the address for the machine.. we thought it would be common courtesy to find out how u will react to 50 users under the 1 ip.. as this is bound to happen the moment the addie is put up.. i'd rather have a response from your end b4 we have other complications..

that's it..

who am i kidding... I CAN MUD AGAIN!! *queue dancing*

anyway..cheers

Locky.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu May 01, 2003 5:51 pm

I wouldn't make it public for other people to use. Who knows what kind of trouble someone that got ahold of that addy. Just give it to those people that need it to be able to connect.
Otherwise, why siteban people when they can use the proxy to get by it? :roll:

Postby Guest » Thu May 01, 2003 7:20 pm

Ioshaenar,

Actually that wont work yet, having 50-100 people coming from one IP would allow complete and total multi-play from anyone hitting that reflector - my initial thoughts are No, we can't allow that, unless we can find another way to resolve that problem.

I know AOL has routing problems that are blocking people in Europe to play, thats something that is being worked on internally. I know the issue is frustating, but perhaps we can find a workable solution by allowing no new character creation via that reflector, but allow established chars to play via the reflector if they are blocked.

I'll review this with our staff and respond back to this - I do think its a GREAT idea and appreciate the efforts in getting our European and Baltic friends back on the mud! You can expect something within a few days.

Kris
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri May 02, 2003 1:56 am

Regarding proxy servers: identd will work and play well with NAT ip forwarding, you might want to see if it will work some standard (squid) proxy server. You can set it up so that someone coming from a particular address will have a particular ident returned to the caller. You can also, I think, set it up to forward the ident request to the source machine.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat May 03, 2003 6:50 pm

Miax wrote:Ioshaenar,

Actually that wont work yet, having 50-100 people coming from one IP would allow complete and total multi-play from anyone hitting that reflector - my initial thoughts are No, we can't allow that, unless we can find another way to resolve that problem.

I know AOL has routing problems that are blocking people in Europe to play, thats something that is being worked on internally. I know the issue is frustating, but perhaps we can find a workable solution by allowing no new character creation via that reflector, but allow established chars to play via the reflector if they are blocked.

I'll review this with our staff and respond back to this - I do think its a GREAT idea and appreciate the efforts in getting our European and Baltic friends back on the mud! You can expect something within a few days.

Kris

So because AOL has some problem that blocked Europe, our pbase shrinks even more. Cut them some slack, jesus :P
Xolan
Sojourner

Can't Connect to Soj3? AOHELL Problems? I know what to do!

Postby Xolan » Sun May 04, 2003 3:30 am

Can't connect to Soj3? AOL problems? Well hey! I know just what to do!

Email me at xolan@attbi.com and I'll tell you what needs to be done.

This is a one on one basis!

I got the hookup

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”