Should evil and goodie be in a group

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dark Slayer
Sojourner

Should evil and goodie be in a group

Postby Dark Slayer » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:43 pm

:oops: This day i wish evil and goodie can be in a group so we can help each other leveling and doin tougher zone. so what you sojourners think? ! hope evil and goodie can join together for more FUN!FUN!FUN!
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:10 pm

phear the group with Telina and Arilin in it!!!

yes, yes, yes and YES!! please allow it!
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:11 pm

I think a quest that would allow most good races to choose to become outcast would be an interesting addition to the game. I say most because there are certain races and classes that simply should not group with evil races for a variety of reasons. Paladins an Elves come to mind, and perhaps even anit-paladins because of their lawful nature, tho that would clearly be the subject of some debate.

Regardless, having a quest to become an outcast would provide something that the mud has not had once this wipe: a pool of players that can cross the lines between good and evils.

That said, I would hate to see a return to alignment and class based grouping restrictions. If it is not possible to have one without the other, I like things the way they are.

-Llandrien Brightwater
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:07 pm

As much as I might bemoan the lack of groups on the evil side (although it has looked better recently), I do not think it would be good for sojourn to allow evils and goods to group.

Sojourn is about options, choices, and consequences. The recent spell stat swap for rangers made a lot of rangers wish they had different stats (and even if they could swap int/wis they might have rolled differently than a pure swap would give). Goods grouping with evils would cause the same effect.

Why would anyone play a human necro? I'm waiting. There's no good reason if you can group with goodies (and enter goodie portals, have goodie given buffs etc). Once a lich, vision is not an issue. By collapsing the playerbase into one pool many ancient choices suddenly become almost crippling. Hard fought levels become worthless.

There are other examples that are not so hard to find. This reason is strong enough to overcome any amount of (potentially valid) complaining by the evils of sojourn about the diminishing pbase.

A solution that I can see as fair is a one time one way race change for evils to shut the complaints up.

-Shuanerst

subliminal thought of the day: Roll an evil
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Back in the day

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:46 pm

Yep, way back goodies and evils regularily grouped. It had its fun, but it become obvious that evils were the best char's(as they should be). Therefore people would only use trolls or ogres as tanks and thus the goodrace tanks were only backups etc. So, the only reason I can see for going back to goodies and evils grouping together is if the playerbase reaches a point where that becomes neccisary. As far as how little evil chars their are now, I think that evils should be nicer to the newbies out there who roll evil chars and need cr's and help all the time. Evil newbies need someone to take them under their wing. Then we shall see more out there.

Oh, and I'm not saying that evil race people are meaner :P
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:16 pm

Karikhan wrote:phear the group with Telina and Arilin in it!!!

yes, yes, yes and YES!! please allow it!

No, No, No and NO!! Please by the love of god don't allow this. I like having a life! I like hardly ever mudding anymore! If this goes in, DEAR GAWD, my addiction would return ten-fold!! EGATS!!! :wink:

If this were to be allowed, wouldn't it be crazy if evils still had to take evil cast portals and couldn't take wells? Still have the same hometown and race restrictions. I don't see the big deal really. Toril rocked with all the outcasts and evils together. Currently, evils are way lower then the numbers back then ever were. So what we have more races and classes now. Still got less players. HELLO! :D

Goodie leader group-says, 'All enter well to WD!'
Evil group member group-says, 'Um... Pass?'

But seriously. If this was allowed, I'd be permanently sitting in a pool of my own happiness. :roll:

-LL

PS. What's the difference between a drow lich and a human lich. They both stinky disgusting rotting all over your nice clean floors Undead!

Go figure. :P
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:01 am

I do not think evils and goodies should be allowed to group. It not only would destroy the integrity of the game, but it is rediculous to think that goods and evils would ever be best buds.

Race rivalry is good, it encourages rplay and keeps the game balanced

No goodies and evils in groups

Nilan

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”