Top 5 Features You'd Like To See (Part II)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Top 5 Features You'd Like To See (Part II)

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:41 pm

It's that time again! Please take a few minutes and post the top 5 CODE features you'd like to see in the MUD. They can be big things, little things, class related things, etc.

And lest you think nobody will be paying attention to these things, here are a few things found in the last thread like this that have been addressed:

1) Prioritize while memming
2) Appoint command
3) Assoc MOTD
4) Assoc MMAIL
5) ACC for Alts
6) Empty command
7) Dragging while flying (via corpse glamor)
8) Ress effect duration addressed (via bard song)
9) Newbie Forum on the BBS
10) Opening doors in combat
11) Liches moved to racial hometowns
12) Upgrades to scribing
13) Various quests fixed
14) Upgraded "buy" command
15) NHC Level Limit raised
16) Slot Machines!
17) Lots more on "the list" to get done.

Looking forward to your ideas! :)
Last edited by Shevarash on Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:47 pm

1) Who RP
2) RP-Quest Campaign forum on the bbs, seperate from the stories section.

-Llandrien

P.S. - Keep up the good work!
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:58 pm

items that dont switch around. Eg. if you have 2.bp then it becomes bp and the earring that you want to use for pff is now 6.earring and not just earring.
(This happens when you log out and in, its generic, because it also happens in storages).

All items for goortoks key pop like the pink mushroom.

Put all.coins
Deposit all.coins
Withdraw all.coins
Deposit and withdraw could also be for copper silver gold and plat, but not put.

Sequest and nosummon eq.
It seems if you wear nosummon eq there gets tons of shades summoned, but not if you get sequester. I would like nosummon eq to be so no shades appear

disarmed and fumbled weapons to inventory, not drop

I'll prolly add more
/Disoputlip
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:04 pm

all.corpse command like...get coins all.corpse or get all all.corpse
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:20 pm

drag all.pcorpse or drag all corpse

fixing oddities like:
mobs quaking in !ground rooms (players can't)
mobs casting clouds underwater (players can't)
mobs casting areas in single file rooms (players can't)
mobs dimming while being blind (look above)
mobs dimming to hidden ppl (not sure if it got fixed but was reported earlier)

group members having acccess to ggive

tracking of sentinel mobs fixed

give some demon ability to proc darkness on room (you think prism is meyhem? try fighting in magical darkness *cackle*)
that would give priest one more thing to do: continual light the room while fighting demons. it could really add some spice to certain fights.
demons in d&d can do that :)

agree with disoputlip. no reordering of containers/eq at rent/store would pwn

change AI of voker mobs. come on sandblasts are weak. make them cast sandstorm and inferno!

tune down prism in favour of clouds for mobs. some fights got really ugly..
or lessen the chance of being hit by red red orange shaft from prism (for my rogue its instant kill, my voker got hit for 600+ with this combo with eq downgrades it can become even more of a problem)
give vokers prism same circle are clouds:)

improve humans a bit. they really suck. i know that WD as hometwon is a big bonus but evil counterpart of humans - drow (and yes not orc. since all evils hang out at dk not bloodtusk) dont suffer such a penalty as humans.

tune up switch rate to mages. playing a voker in a big gatehouse like fight i get switched to once in a blue moon.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:21 pm

In no particular order of preference:

1) Reduce amount of align drop when killing good mobs from the current 3-4 points to 1-2 points, or make it so if you are good aligned and you kill evil mobs, you get 3-4 points back per mob instead of the current less than 1.

2) Have holy/unholy word caster lag dependant on the target mob level that is effected. For example if you cast holy word against a lvl 50+ mob, it has the current 1-2 rounds of lag. But if you cast against mobs noticably lower than your level (such as orcs in SS) lag is reduced to 0-1 round. This is mostly for align purposes, and becomes less of an issue if #1 is implementec.. but would still be nice to have less lag against wusses.

3) Allow holy/unholy word to stun mobs that it has a chance of blinding/paralyzing. Currently if the mob is low enough level to get blinded or parad, stun will not land. Additionally stun _rarely_ works on lvl 50+ mobs, but works a lot against PCs.

4) Ability to store cursed items.

5) Letting pets be stabled with eq (limit items to a couple.. good to keep that prot fire earring on a horse etc).

6) Pets given spellsave and special protections that the owner has... at least for spirits and mounts.

Thanks Shev, will edit and add as I think of more :)
Last edited by rylan on Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:33 pm

1. summon pet spell for when they get left behind in zones

2. some sort of extra planar travel for shamans

3. give shamans some stun spells

4. give spirits some sv spell

5. mobs fixes from oteb's post
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:46 am

Would it be possible to allow putting items back into pcorpses?

It would be cool if you could put your own eq into the corpse for resses, maybe even your cursed weapons.

I honestly don't see a twink in it, but it'd help clerics who have to sort out the headache of who gave what bag to him/her in the middle of ressing people or people having to pick up and hold items for people with res fx strength.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:51 pm

1. upgraded shopkeeper system. perhaps by ways of a menu similar to the inn. The current system seems so stock! a wait for your item to be completed could also be added for custom yet generic items.

2. add worthwhile eq and items to buy from shops for lower level people and have them reasonablly atainable.

3. a viable way to make money. either by looting locked coffers or selling valuable commodities off a kill. (again for lower level)

4. Pretty far fetched but a removal of lame inventory :D. who carries around all those items in their hands?

5. shadow, how do you notch it? is there really a use for it?

6. ability to summon group members

7. low level quests for reasons to head between towns

8. who guild

9. a strong incentive to wear max eq over other eq

10. why are there so many global loads? :P

11. year in review or future of the mud post from the new forgers :P
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:02 pm

1. no regen. Every once in a while psp's wont regen, hps wont regen, moves also. Seems to happen or is more noticable to people who regen quickly, like troll hp, or psi psp. Example, rest, meditate, wait 1-2 minutes nothing happens, all of a sudden then psp's start regening like normal. I've also noticed no hp regen while the psp freeze is in effect.

2. globe of darkness while dark, sun rises = blind until you exit and enter the room. 2 psi globe of darkness, one leaves, room is lit. globe of darkness, ench fogs, ench fog lifts, blind.

3. Psi issue list I posted earlier count?

4. btrance's use of the follow code.
You petition 'question if someone is free up there.'

Shevarash responds to your petition with 'Sorry, the Immortals are currently busy downgrading Rangers and Evils. Please leave a message at the beep and we'll consider downgrading you, too.'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:32 pm

Shevarash wrote:It's that time again! Please take a few minutes and post the top 5 CODE features you'd like to see in the MUD. They can be big things, little things, class related things, etc.

And lest you think nobody will be paying attention to these things, here are a few things found in the last thread like this that have been addressed:

1) Prioritize while memming
2) Appoint command
3) Assoc MOTD
4) Assoc MMAIL
5) ACC for Alts
6) Empty command
7) Dragging while flying (via corpse glamor)
8) Ress effect duration addressed (via bard song)
9) Newbie Forum on the BBS
10) Opening doors in combat
11) Liches moved to racial hometowns
12) Upgrades to scribing
13) Various quests fixed
14) Upgraded "buy" command
15) NHC Level Limit raised
16) Slot Machines!
17) Lots more on "the list" to get done.

Looking forward to your ideas! :)

For the above additions/changes I'd like to say "THANK YOU!!" to all involved in making it happen.

O thing I'd like to see:
-A global access auction chamber.
* Cannot shout
* Cannot emote
* Cannot cast spells
* Cannot fight
* Cannot use skills
* Contains a banker mob for ease of depositing/withdrawl
* Access to room(s) is located via another portal after entering the
Archeron portal.
* Uses two rooms, a reception room where the exit portal is located, and the actual
Auction room.

:D
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:29 pm

::cough::

The ability to clean poison off of your daggers.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:08 pm

1. Remove Gargauth from weapon proc decisions and Erlan. Hulburg still hasn't gotten their weapon procs I bet. Fix Erlan, it's been 2 years of empty promises already.

2. Gear more 6+ hour zones toward 4-5 hours.

3. Get rid of timesinks. Examples: Ress effects, ress failure, reloc failure.

4. Decrease lich memtimes. They have the worst mem times b/c of increased spell slots and human mem.

5. Put Tiamat back in.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:26 pm

1. Some sort of way to make money without having to kill mobs. I think having something similar to Ultima Online would be cool. For instance have some ore load in the mountain areas and allow PCs to mine it and use skills to make it into stuff to sell. This process could be botted but just strictly enforce the rules to cut it out.

2. Better stuff for sale in the shops. This one really helps out newbies since they can work to get money and then upgrade their eq themselves. They don't have to beg higher levelers to get eqed enough to do basic exps. Make the harder to get to shops have better gear to buy.

3. Ability to make basic potions. Have components rareload on certain mobs that you can mix together to make potions. These potions could cure para, cure lt. wounds, uncurse, and other basic things.

4. Allow PCs to buy houses/castles etc. Basically the PC pays a pile of plats to have an area god build them a house of a certain number of rooms. The PC submits descriptions and locations to the god and then their house is built. They can pay for different items like lockable doors etc. as well. The houses could be sold or traded at a later time.

5. Finish the rest of the elemental planes for completeness sake. An elemental plane of earth and especially elemental plane of water would really be nice additions.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:40 pm

Dunno how in gods name this slipped my mind.

One Word:

GUILDHALLS

(and related assoc purchasing code)

Thank you! :D
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:10 am

oteb wrote:7.
change AI of voker mobs. come on sandblasts are weak. make them cast sandstorm and inferno!

tune down prism in favour of clouds for mobs. some fights got really ugly..
or lessen the chance of being hit by red red orange shaft from prism (for my rogue its instant kill, my voker got hit for 600+ with this combo with eq downgrades it can become even more of a problem)
give vokers prism same circle are clouds:)

mmm I like these very much 8)
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:19 pm

1. Remove the dispel magic beam from prismatic spray so people don't lose GRP on dragon fights and lose eq.

2. Fix/Reopen Tiamat.

3. More warrior skills/fixes, particularly rewriting disarm so it's not retarded. Maybe adding that 50th lvl skill that I sent you before Shev.

4. The ability to put NODROP items into containers, but NOT drop/give/ggive them to anyone (a la glist) until they're taken out. This would prevent twinking of the flag.

5. "who rp" (good idea Llandrien)

6. A campaign-related stories forum for the BBS so we know which stories are related and which aren't. (another good idea Llandrien)

7. Remove the annoying global load aggros that serve absolutely no purpose other than to piss people off and kill noobs, or just remove the aggro flag(s) they have. What I'm referring to: the 3 paladin groups, Yondalla cleric, and any others that are big enough and aggro and kill *any* newbie.

8. Fix Myth Unnohyr or remove it from the game, it's like the zone was put in 50% complete. :P

9. Implement all of the disease code. Make rangers leave 1w!

10. More ways of obtaining wolfsbane potions. I was told there's more than one but geez a cure for such an annoying thing on such a relatively easy zone should be easier to come by. In that vein, more lycanthropy-afflicting mobs too. It's still cool even if it is annoying. ;)

11. More low-mid exp zones down south. This is a key reason why people hate leveling evils.

12. Remove/replace chlora scale(s) from so many quests in the MUD. This mob seems to be far too rare for this many things, and many enchanters end up playing the waiting game while people hoard scales. Suggestion: remove chlora scale requirements for clouds robes, replace with green dragon in TB or musp.

13. Fix the stupid zombies from Trident of the Undead. Remove the scavenger and aggro flags from them PLEASE. It's annoying and a pkill tool both.

I'll post more as I remember them. :P

Deathmagnet
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:53 pm

remove the !id from items
have bless work on items similar to enchant item, maybe with the clerics alignment restriction on it
good cleric would bless a sword making it +2/+2 good only
heck even attach a race restriction based on the cleric

increase ress fail rates and increase exp = more exp groups!
down grade Rylan.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:30 pm

THUNDERDOME!!!!

"Two Men Enter! One Man Leaves! Two Men Enter! One Man Leaves!"

A room in arena with constantly changing room flags that change randomly and at random intervals! (One sec you're on ground, next your in air, then it's room darkness, then it's !magic, then peace flag, then switches to, suddently you're under water, you're in a tunnel etc etc.. (we could have one for 2 people max 1 vs 1, and a larger one for royal rumbles!)

And the MOST important part. It's ONE room with a door that does NOT open until one person dies!

I doubt you guys could code this, but it would be really fun to have! :D
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:48 pm

-Rework no-drop. Make curse be a real curse (unable to remove), and no-drop only prevent fumbles and disarms (can bag it).

-Do something with kick. I dunno; upgrade it, take it out completely, increase crit rate + add agility bonus, make it pretty, whatever. Just something.

-Upgrade dragons. Make us afraid of dragons again. But not via more group lag skills.

-Make platinum more valuable. Like put in 1k potions, 10k wands, 50k pets, something beyond quests and rogue toys.

-Look at drag. Why should rogues die because 1 person forgot to consent?

-Send mobs to remedial training. Why do mobs target nuke on the person tanking only? Why do mobs silence the tank sometimes? Gee thats useful. Also, I haven't seen a mob headbutt yet.

-Give people a reason to actually specialize a different kind of spellcast.

-Make togging LFG and going AFK for 30 minutes punishable by rl death.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:54 pm

i once saw a mud that worked bless in on items in a pretty cool way. Weapons would have to be blessed in order to hit undead mobs. each swing chipped at the bless. It made way for sheaths that added bless ability every time the weapon was sheathed.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:22 pm

1. Bloodtusk moved to Luiren's old location.

2. Check for spellbook in inventory at mem/pray time, not when the first spell would mem.

3. More spells or no fail on Bard/Battlechanter spells.

4. Lore resets when spells reset, rather than some nebulous time after the last lore usage.

5. Multiple rooms in the inn, that still count as the inn, where you can take your alt(s) to move equipment, without spamming others, or being spammed in return.

6. For Sale boards in silence rooms (no emotes/globals/eq movement/whatever) so you can read the boards without continually having to reread the same message because of room spam.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:09 am

1 down, 50 to go!
C'mon guys be real, ppl can tog LFG and go AFK, nothing I can do about that.
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:59 am

Some extra ideas:

1) A "compare" command that gives a rough estimate as to which of two items is better.

Probably restrict it to two items worn in the same place. Very useful for newbies. NHC gets a fair number of questions about stuff like this.

2) Name completion.

I think ROT muds have this. Pretty useful for so many situations (Illithids and gnomes and elves). Would be easiest to limit it to in the room, but mud-wide PC-targetted things like tells or relocate/well etc might also be applicable.

3) A few oddities could be nice if removed.
3a) The removal of 2.held item after renting/relogging
3b) Forgetting of spells if rented with cast spells.

Hmm, just about out of ideas.

I don't think dispel magic should be removed from prismatic spray. Dragons should have some fear, as another poster said, and it would make the spell too powerful for PC's to have. It is difficult, but a set of eq providing the prots that prevents equipment from burning can be put together for all classes.

Regards,
Jorus
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:50 pm

I'm sure there's more I could add but here's one

Remove damage from falling when asleep. Makes sleep spell really annoying to use when mobs keep falling over and waking up out of an enchanted slumber.
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:58 pm

oteb wrote:10.
tune up switch rate to mages. playing a voker in a big gatehouse like fight i get switched to once in a blue moon.

Tune down switch rate to Ionari.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:53 pm

Thanks Shevie

1) For enchanters: "group fly," "group reduce," and "group enlarge" spells
Group fly: Yes there are bards and battlechanters, but that means nothing when you're trying to do ap, fp, brass, clouds, etc.
Group reduce/enlarge: You'd still need consent, so it'd just be a much faster spellup for enchanters. Yes i know they get timestop at 46 but it would still help a ton. It's pretty bad when the enchanter has to leave the room so other casters don't notice you reducing yourself.

2) Make inferno look prettier. When it kills something it's all neat, but the normal message is pretttty lame.

3) Give a message when you're succesful when casting relocate and major paralysis.

4) Work on warriors some, such as doing something with kick like Hildie said. Give them more skills after 25, and like a 46 or 50 level skill. And rework disarm.

All I have for now.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:59 am

1) Remove skill loss after losing a level.

2) Remove max hp loss for losing a level below level 25.

3) Change werewolf proc so you can actually see who's infected with lycanthropy when it happens.

4) Reduce or remove ress effects.

5) Link web page news with mud news, so people who visit the site don't think we really haven't done anything since last year. Along the same lines, take a few minutes every other week to update the players about what's going on behind the scenes.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:09 pm

Couple things I'd personally like to see...

1. Enlarge and embod making a difference when it comes to bashing mobs. Same with +wgt eq...sad when a halfling hamstringing is more suited to bringing a mob down then an enlarged warrior.

2. Either add Tiamat or remove the eq. The majority of the mud does not
have the opportunity to have this eq. Before the flaming begins, consider a zone in which only characters with 20 days playing time can enter. Is that fair?

3. More restrings...possibly tie it in with prestege?

4. More badges...even with no stats, could add some diversity to players.

5. Proccing 1h misc weapons.

6. More exp zones for mid to high level...I think we all stick to the same ones (DS, ship, smoke) and the repetition is getting boring.

7. New races (goblins, minotaurs for evils; centaurs, wild elves for goods?)

8. Level 50 specialization. Rangers = archer, rogue = assassin, warrior = berzeker, antis = death knight. Maybe for the mages, innate MR or !spellbooks...dunno, just pondering here. Basically, looking for level 50 to mean something again. Maybe character has to have max skills to specialize to prevent mass power leveling with crap skills.

9. More quivers with actual stats on it for all races. Sashes and pouches for mages with +4int...high ac ones for warriors...some with hps? Basically a larger variety in this slot.

10. Longer boot times...would help slow down the equipment flood. The inflation is getting out of hand...I have many good, zone level items I can't give away it seems. For example, an electrum ring which was a decent item at one point is now a newbie give away item.

11. For Sale board in DK. Now I'm still trying to figure out why evils wouldn't want this. DK is bustling city and yet has no economy. Also, a For Sale board would hopefully help the newer evils eq themselves better.
It seems there is a large eq value drop off between the elite evils and say, a regular 40 troll warrior. The goods are better equiped not only because of the larger pbase, but because of access to a For Sale board. True, many of us on both sides give out eq...but some need cash for various reasons.

12. No more eyepatches!!! Visors, eye tattoos, glasses..anything but eyepatches. We all aren't Touk for godsakes!

Flame away, disagree or agree...whatever...just rambling here anyways 8)
Meatshield
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:07 pm

1) An assoc consent toggle. I fully trust everyone i'm guilded with. The problem with a group consent is you could have people you don't trust, or newbie summoners that summon at wrong times, etc. But I'm very confident in my guildies abilities. Please consider this.
muma
Sojourner

Yeah!

Postby muma » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:04 am

Gura wrote:all.corpse command like...get coins all.corpse or get all all.corpse

THat's a good idea! i always wanted to do that.

also, Jorus good idea on the compare command idea you have.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:20 am

Make Spellcast Teleportation actually have an influence on whether mages fail relocate or not. (Duh?) Also, lower the lag on a successful or failed reloc by half. Can make it on just one of the 2, depending on how you look at it. Failing a reloc and just teleing around in your zone doesn't take as much out of a mage, or actually arriving where you mean to doesn't take much out.
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:48 am

1) slot machines are good, sure you rarely win, but there is always a chance, make the jackpot after it's won automatically up there in numbers so it's worth gambling after it's won, also make the jackpot winners more often

2) add other games to play for cash, card games, automated fights where you can gamble upon the winners and have odds for each you choose, races, weather it be riders on horses, or even small animals, same as the previous have odds for each, strength, archery, swordsman ship contests, none are pc's but mobs in game, you bet on the competitors

3) make something to recharge staves/wands, not sure if it would be an item you'd buy and use upon it, or a shop keeper like the one that fixes arrows where you'd get an estimate to recharge and then pay a fee

4) make weapons break like arrows so you would need to get them fixed, probably from a blacksmith mob much like the wandering craftsman

5) give paladins/anti paladins a skill like shieldpunch where they have a chance to stun a mob w/o charging them while mounted

6) give headbutt the chance to temp blind a mob for a couple rounds, i know if i get hit in the nose tears well up in my eyes and make it difficult to see...

7) give players who've attained level 50 the chance to open thier own guilds, where mobs come to learn the arts of the class, and you teach them your skills and spells and what not, the sucess of which is based upon your own skills and you recieve payment from them for your services, you could recruit certain mobs from all over the globe to come and train with you via special notes you recieve when you purchase your own guilding rights from your guildmaster, like say you get one when you open your guild, and after an elasped time and you train yer apprentice for so long your guildmaster grants you another and so on

8) more god interaction with players, i miss the days of the beer god handing us beer after spanks and particularly long zoning outings

9) death ooc is good, or even a new channel just for deaths, or a channel that has deaths and you can talk in character about the mud

10) badges are good, need more quests for them or more events schedualed in which we can aquire them, no stats necissary

11) 1 day per month should be set aside for pkill, where all we do is kill eachother and gods, yes, make gods killable, that means you shevarash :P no more eating my fire seeds :P

12) contests are always fun, i wouldn't mind seeing various contests in which anyone could recieve a prize for, weather it be money/eq/badges/restrings

13) add pictures of all the gods to a new forum along with a brief personal history and stuff, along with likes, dislikes, quotes and what not, so we know and can read about the people who run our lives, and also have a sub section to the forum part where we can add the same for ourselves

that is all
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:38 pm

1) More God-Player interaction. This doesn't have to be large scale quest stuff, even gods taking control of mobs and RPing in/out of zones would rock!

2) I can't BELIEVE no one said rogue archery. I have a collection of beautiful throwing daggers, please let me use them.

3) Something to make warriors more fun. I don't play one, but it sounds like tanking is a fun job, but when the zoning is done, so is the fun (not so with maaaaany other classes, but I could be wrong on this, I don't play warrior.)

4) Tiamat

5) More race specific items, besides dorf, elf, barb only. (When is the last time you saw a halfling only item, or a gnome only). Hell this could even be smallpeople_only!

6) Spice up old zones, throw some new multi-zones quests in, make us go back and get that EQ that is considered "mid-level" gear now, because we need it! I believe this is being done to some extent but, keep it up!
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:00 pm

Just a note: The quest sphere has tried to RP and interact with zoning players. We were told off and complained about quite fiercely. Thus, we avoid it now.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:29 pm

1. Badges for guilds. Guilds can design them and submit for god approval. 4 different types per guild, Leader, Officer, Whatever the hell the other type other than standard guildie, and regular old guilded player.

2. Rogue Range

3. More delay load zones (please tell us they are delayed load though)

4. More 2-4 hour zones. Make them VERY HARD. But make them able to be done in 2-4 hours.

5. Shaman extra planer travel. Please!

6. Relo for lich/necro (make it travel via the grave or something)

7. Lich pets not die to gas on smoke. They are dead already! Why are they breathing?

8. Make skills for rogues notch faster. Dilema: Can't bot, Have to spend 5,000,000 hours using skills to be useful.

9. Be able to pass cursed items from player to player in the inn. Sucks that I have to trust someone else to pass my etched from my rogue to my bard.

10. More variety in priest held items. Why on earth is there not a holy symbol that equals a nebula (but +max_wis) in the game? Make it a totem for shaman. Make the mob that gives the item look at the class of the player to determine which item it gives.

11. More zones like Spob! Only 2-4 hours instead of 5-8 please.

12. Make rangers useful for something other than relo/well targets for WD (I know I am asking a lot). Um, fix archery so it actually is worth using in zones maybe?

13. Recall spirits/mounts/undead pets in same zones (whistle command).
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:37 pm

warrior luuuv!

Guard;
Reflexive skill will protect the target from takedown/backstabs attempt on a successful guard the warrior gets bashed stabbed instead have to reguard target after every attempt can only guard one target at a time.

Weapontype Specialization/Shield Spec:

This could give certain bonuses attacks when wielded the type of weapon specialized in. Bludgeon could have a small chance to say stun on crits etc.
Slashing could give an extra attack every now and then. Piercing could have some other kewl sideeffect. Shield Spec could give better shieldskills overall.

Do something to kick so it would actually be worth using every now and then.

Put headbutt back to it glorious self! *sniff* no more spankbutting in zones booowing!

GIve troll rangers!

/Klurg
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:52 am

Append mob/player size to them in the room.

Halk (Barbarian) (large) stands in mid-air here.

Our characters would be able to tell the size of a mob, and I know of no way to tell the size other than with no light and infravision.

Special shop -

Holds an item for 3 mud months. You pay for items from your bank account. Someone can go to the shop and outbid you (where your money is refunded).

At the end of the 3 mud months the person who placed the item for sale is given the amount it sold for, minus commission.

E.g.

place longsword sale 100 10

Would put the item with keyword longsword up for sale at 100 plat, with 10 plat increments. Unsold items would be removed from the game. So generally you would put something for sale at 90 10 and place the first bid yourself. This would at least ensure that people were discouraged from 'chancing it' by putting items up with huge values, since it costs 10%, effectively, to list an item, unless you are either prepared to lose it, or completely confident it will be sold.

List

1) A thin longsword with a blue sheen 100 platinum

can also list by keyword - e.g. list eyepatch

info longsword

Would show you the current price, the increment, the person who sold it, and the person with the highest bid. This would also give players a chance to double check they are going to buy the right item. Keywords can be confusing :)

bid longsword

You have paid for the longsword, in 2 months and 20 days this item will be sold. If you are not the highest paying customer your money will be refunded as soon as someone offers more.

Shop would store items across boots, issue mmails to successful sellers/buyers.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:42 am

ok few things thanks to the admin for the great work...

1) make it so you can access your storage cashe from other towns not just other charictors..would save me alot of time running from wd-em when there are !druids.

2)make it so that you can learn a skill from another player not just the guildmaster (warrior just reached lvl 40 wants headbutt...*NO CASH* humm...hey *random lvl 50 warrior name* could you tech me headbutt...shure stand still...) you get my point...only lvl 50's with maxed skill in the particular are could teach

3) some new races i have a post about woodelves somwhere

4) give gnomes the tinker skill...can make things like a little toy that could be sold for plats or som stuff that you cant get by minor create or woodcarving...

5)at the time any priest charictor hits lvl 50 let them be able to make certain potions ...

for cleric it would be like bless armor cure light cure serious cure crit and heal(with some negative affects) as the potions become more advanced make them harder to get ahold of like cure light you could buy stuff in shops for heal you would actually hafto go out and kill stuff

i know its only supposed to be 5 but

6) for a way to get newbies some decent stuff to start with give each guild hall a quest mob for a full set of gear (to be quested seperatly) like newb enters game 2 mobs are here guildmaster and say invintory keeper (or make guildmaster be able to issue quests) lets say sopmeone made a ranger*who in there right mind....* ask guildmaster sword guild master says humm ill give you a sword if you bring me some food im kinda hungry ask guildmaster food guildmaster says no more iron rations though bring me somthing sweet and tasty *goodberry* you get 5 or so good berrys he gives you a sword..same with bow quiver armor glives boots leggings ect new item for each... you get my point

7) make it so that lfg cant be togged while afk just like rp and afk fixed yer problem there zuth.

8) teach my to use propper grammar and spell right.

9)with regaurd to bless having an affect on weapons instead of uping hit dam since curse drops dice dam whynot hav bless
a)raise dice roll
b)give a bonus to undead(or oposite alighnment of the person who blessed it)

10)could we have a spell that will lighten weapons or change a spell to do so to make it esier to do so with certain weapons if this were implemented there would hafto be some negative compensation like it drops the diceroll a bit or soething i dunno would just be cool i think you could figure it out shev

thats it for now
Last edited by amolol on Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:25 pm

1) New skill for all classes that they'll get...sometime...Something similar to escape. There's no reason a level 50 warrior is panicing to all hell when he knows it's time to leave a fight.

2) Modify rescue slightly. If you have the rescue skill (or could be based off something else) make a check to be !lagged when rescued. Why are you always lagged when someone rescues you? So they push you out of the way, you're a badass fighter, you know your way around a battlefield enough to start doing things that same instant. Or if you crit fail the check you get the lag (disoriented by the push, something). Gyrx has seen countless battles, so some wussy snake named Ssorcasus thinks he's a tank and pushes me out of the way of some prison love, I love pain, so i'm going to use that little push SSorc gave me to bodyslam the next guy or if there is only one baddie i'll push Ssorc back or taunt the mob or whatever i have to do to be tanking again.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:25 pm

Gyrx, you mean like Retreat to get out of battle the way you want, and having a high Intelligence to eliminate rescue lag?

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:54 pm

amolol wrote:7) make it so that lfg cant be togged while afk just like rp and afk fixed yer problem there zuth.

This already works this way, they are referring to real afk as opposed to togging afk.
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:08 am

implementing 2h piercing for rogues. The 2h piercing weapons as of now are classed 2h misc yet rogues don't have 2h misc skill!! :evil:

Code something so that quest type EQ loads without the need of a reboot. It does suck mightily to have to wait around for 30+ hours to check to see if rare load mob/EQ loaded. I'm sure the check to load the rare load could be easily put on a timer system or something. For example, at 10 uptime hours, do some sort of check to see if rare-load mob loads. That could be easily tweaked if need be. It might even spurn interest in questing as people wander around the realms in search to see if the rare-load mob loaded.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:17 am

Todrael wrote:Gyrx, you mean like Retreat to get out of battle the way you want, and having a high Intelligence to eliminate rescue lag?

Well i'd like to be able to choose where i flee when i'm going while tanking. And it shouldn't be only intelligence, you can be stupid as hell but still know where more blood is.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:37 am

Kurtok wrote:Code something so that quest type EQ loads without the need of a reboot. It does suck mightily to have to wait around for 30+ hours to check to see if rare load mob/EQ loaded. I'm sure the check to load the rare load could be easily put on a timer system or something. For example, at 10 uptime hours, do some sort of check to see if rare-load mob loads. That could be easily tweaked if need be. It might even spurn interest in questing as people wander around the realms in search to see if the rare-load mob loaded.

This has been discussed in detail before, and it was found that it is in fact a rather complex thing to do. Someday it'll happen probably, but it's not quite as easy as it seems. There are multitudes of things to consider in it.

PS It can be done on a quest by quest basis by the areas staff, but still even it is a tedious task with the thousands of quests there are.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:22 am

Please please please change this:

Eeek! Paladins behind every bush!

(for protect undead)

Maybe to:

The powers of darkness wane from your corrupt form.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:39 pm

Llaaldara wrote:Please please please change this:

Eeek! Paladins behind every bush!

(for protect undead)

Maybe to:

The powers of darkness wane from your corrupt form.

Thats the message for protection from good not protection from undead.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:01 pm

Soj things i'd like to see..

1) The acc chat and assoc commands not break meditation.

2) More high end hitter type items with pfl, pfc, str and dex.

3) Examine pet travel issues through other planes and with the owner.

4) More low level aggro loads along roads and out afar from cities, like those little drow/orcs etc.

5) Examine and re-organize chlora, shijin and other ultra rare loads which have items for many quests.

6) Tone down the likelihood a tad of buffet'ing mobs buffet'ing lots in quick succession.

7) More chaos xmas, chaos easter, chaos (other major holiday).

8) More death ooc and The Magic PezBall! (or a death channel maybe)

9) Reduce Thrym prac proc duration a little, and increase its chance of hitting a tad.

10) More posts from admin commenting on much-debated BBS topics and updating major work-in-progress on the game, etc.

11) Some random actions on certain mobs, make them do some strange things every now and then to throw you off your guard.

12) Reduce the stun duration on pchars when struck with skullsmasher proc in kostchie's hands.. Most times I have copped that it lagged/stunned me for a dozen or more rounds.

13 ) Menzoberranzan, Tiamat, Erlan's quest.

That's about all I can think of for now.
Last edited by ssar on Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BEER
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:12 pm

Hyldryn, it's the message for the spell 'Protect Undead', which is a Necromancer spell that adds AC to undead, including Liches.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:19 pm

Ah OK

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”