spob

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

spob

Postby Dalar » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:20 pm

please remove half of the items. With or without the upgrades it has WAY too many slots for just one zone.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:35 pm

What? You don't think a cleric should be wearing 6-8 pieces from the same zone as the biggest eq in the game? 8)

Yes, I realize that the more random pieces, the more times you can do the zone for something 'new', but when every piece is as good or better than all else in the game, there is no reason to do a bunch of other zones.

As it stands, the only places you need to go are Spob and Seelie, then swing through a few zones for the couple of spots you don't have filled.

And is it just me, or are the SPOB mage pieces Crazy huge compared to everything else outta the zone?

Is Sarvas the Patron Saint of Mages?

And... Why are all the best cleric pieces large gem not heart? That seems silly too.

(Keep in mind, this is Dartan and I agreeing on eq stuff)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:39 pm

Yeah, I thought spob cleric eq was kinda blah until I saw a couple of the large gem items. I guess its the randomness, but eventually if you do the zone lots of times and get lucky with bids and the items you'll have several really nice things.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Re: spob

Postby Gyrx » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:42 pm

Dalar wrote:please remove half of the items. With or without the upgrades it has WAY too many slots for just one zone.

couldn't agree more
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:07 pm

agreed.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:10 pm

Agreed. Was gonna wait on eq changes, but I'll be an old man by then.

And Salen's right, the mage eq from there is the worst part. Even the crappiest copper items best anything else out there.

This needs to be fixed.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:53 pm

I agree with getting rid of some slots, BUT (see below)
Last edited by Mitharx on Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:54 pm

That mage stuff is insane. Hey, who wants to trade me for my kick ass 22hp Max_str +2 mage held item? Come on, that is leet. I really didn't think that I would be getting an Ice Crag Downgrade when I did my first spob run.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:59 pm

Wow. 1 whole crappy mage copper item.

Do you WANT me to list off the OTHER copper mage items?

Learn, then talk.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:48 pm

Dizzin wrote:Agreed. Was gonna wait on eq changes, but I'll be an old man by then.

And Salen's right, the mage eq from there is the worst part. Even the crappiest copper items best anything else out there.

This needs to be fixed.

eq changes? you made me laugh :lol:

Dizzin wrote:Wow. 1 whole crappy mage copper item.

Do you WANT me to list off the OTHER copper mage items?

Learn, then talk..

OWNED

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:57 pm

Yes, I'm still slightly amused that the gear in this zone went live with all the huff over EQ balancing. I mean there's almost no risk except a bit of lost exp from the zone. You don't take yer gear so you don't have a chance to lose it. Camp some guy inside and yer peachy. Yet some of the stuff is flat out insane. Guess doin a tricky 1-2 hour zone isn't worth good gear while doin an easy 5 hour zone is.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:38 am

Yet there's also all the huff about how much xp sucks. Funny how that works...

Seriously here..yes spob eq = powerful. Yes, maybe some of the slots should be removed..maybe maybe maybe. This horse is long past dead. Can we at least wait a few weeks for after the eq changes go in? Then you can go ahead and complain some more..I could really care less.
irta
Sojourner

rewards vs. difficulty

Postby irta » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:06 am

SPOB is a difficult, long zone (I just finished in 9 hours which is long but certainly not the longest it has been and had 4 deaths). I think it's worth it for the eq (although with 6 runs behind me, I've never won anything), but dg the equipment and spob won't be done. As is, plenty of people either won't do spob or back out midway through once they find out what they've got themselves into. Also, there a maxium of 7 rewards for 15 people (4 of them small).

I don't know what kind of uber 2 hour zones Tanji does that are "harder" then this. I'd really like to know.

The Irta
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:32 am

9 hours? Dude it's done in half the time.

Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 am

I've done spob in less than 3 hours, with 8 deaths total during the whole zone(deaths were due to fluke stabs/pris para). So you cant say that it takes too long or is too dangerous.

As for there being only 7 reward items, sorry but are you serious? Most people are lucky to get a 50% chance at a decent item in the top zones. SC only has 5 items, Scorps only has 7 items. Clouds is a mess of rares nowadays. The fugging hardest zone in the game (BC) only has 4 real items.. well, unless you count that just *godly* supple chainmail and the fugly bracelet! And uhh.. yeah.. anywho, Yadda yadda.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:46 pm

Harder meaning you actually have a chance to wipe and have a nasty CR. As it stands CR in spob is easier than almost anywhere, oooooo difficult. And I wouldn't go tellin people you spent 9 hours in there, you'll get more laughs than compassion. That's about twice as long as it would normally take.
irta
Sojourner

didn't go well

Postby irta » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:03 pm

It's certainly true that that particular run didn't go well at all and that 9 hours is a lot longer then it should take (I did state in my first post that it was a long run). ;)
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:11 pm

I so would love to see most of SPoB eq downgraded most mightily.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:33 pm

Post retracted. I don't have the patience to get in another arguement with a person who gives the old "I'm the ultimate authority now shut up" response. Believe whatever, it doesn't seem to be doing any good.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:39 pm

is that what you say everytime when someone proves you wrong?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:46 pm

Yep! If that's what you wanna believe then go for it. I seriously don't care.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:48 pm

Gura wrote:is that what you say everytime when someone proves you wrong?

From what I've seen, yea Gura.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:33 pm

Most dangerous part of most zones is the mud booting when you have a few corpses.

Spob probably means more negative xp than any other zone.

When did evils become experts on zones and rewards, I didn't know they even zoned.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:36 pm

Stamm wrote:Most dangerous part of most zones is the mud booting when you have a few corpses.

Spob probably means more negative xp than any other zone.

When did evils become experts on zones and rewards, I didn't know they even zoned.

eq > exp

if the mud booted in the middle of BC or seelie i think you'd be even more screwed then spob

Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:00 am

Yes, and my point was that the only really dodgy CRs I can think of are when the mud boots. Didn't mean Spob was bad for this.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:41 am

Stamm wrote:Yes, and my point was that the only really dodgy CRs I can think of are when the mud boots. Didn't mean Spob was bad for this.

i completely missed your points. can you elaborate?

Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:48 am

Point was that zones are only dangerous CRs because of unintential things like crashes.
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:54 am

Spob's tons o fun and I'm pretty unlucky getting bids, so I would kinda like to win stuff before I decide over powered or not. The one piece I got is magie stuff. It's kinda average to me *shrug* It's ansi is fun tho!

Spob is really hard and when someone leads it poorly it takes a long time. I think the rewards should be pretty good.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:56 am

burpie there really isnt much risk involved tho. losing xp is nothing compared to losing eq and trying to CR a zone that u do naked normally is cake compared to trying to CR in seelie or bc naked.

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:07 am

Stamm wrote:Point was that zones are only dangerous CRs because of unintential things like crashes.

Shouldn't really have to take crashes into account when deciding what zone to do. That seems kinda wrong to me.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:11 am

Stamm wrote:When did evils become experts on zones and rewards, I didn't know they even zoned.

*nods sagely*

This is true, evils only did weak things like version 1 ress quest and BC.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:11 am

Yeah, that's what I mean.

As long as you have a sitter for Seelie, then even if you completely spank, it's not that difficult. The only time it would get to the point of being really tough is if the game crashed... that would... no, let's not consider what it'd be like :P
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:41 am

Stamm wrote:As long as you have a sitter for Seelie, then even if you completely spank, it's not that difficult. The only time it would get to the point of being really tough is if the game crashed... that would... no, let's not consider what it'd be like :P

Been there, done that.

Oh, I guess I couldn't have because evils don't zone, right?
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:44 am

Burpie wrote:Spob is really hard and when someone leads it poorly it takes a long time. I think the rewards should be pretty good.

Any zone can be really hard and take a long time when someone leads it poorly. Does that mean rewards for every zone should be pretty good?
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:14 am

Gyrx wrote:
Stamm wrote:As long as you have a sitter for Seelie, then even if you completely spank, it's not that difficult. The only time it would get to the point of being really tough is if the game crashed... that would... no, let's not consider what it'd be like :P

Been there, done that.

Oh, I guess I couldn't have because evils don't zone, right?

Right. It was your imagination.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:15 am

who the hell is this stamm guy anyway.

that your in game name?

if not, put it in your sig. you talk a lot of shit. at least those of us that do dont hide who we are.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:18 am

You could have done a who stamm before you said that. Yes, it is my name in game. Also, lighten up. Have a bit of a laugh. This game is for entertainment, there's no sense in getting so tense and worked up.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:18 am

Teyaha wrote:who the hell is this stamm guy anyway.

that your in game name?

if not, put it in your sig. you talk a lot of shit. at least those of us that do dont hide who we are.

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

*hi5 Teyaha*
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:18 am

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[49 Warrior ] Stamm - Violent Desire - Shadows of Imphras (Dwarf) (RP)
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:20 am

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[49 Warrior ] Stamm - Violent Desire - Shadows of Imphras (Dwarf) (RP)

Imphras sure has gone down hill I guess :(
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:21 am

Hmm...

Stamm's sarcasm detecting tips.

1) When someone says something that is patently not true, and it is obvious to you that it is not true, then there is a strong possibility they may be trying sarcasm.

I've already had some evil, not sure which, didn't recognise the name, deeply upset at me. I don't have anything against you guys, when I say you don't zone, obviously I know you do zone. But it's a standard thing here that you guys don't have the playerbase (yes it is improving) that you may want. So I'm not going to apologise for your super sensitivity. Just relax, count to 10 and if I really bother you, ignore me.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:28 am

Teyaha wrote:who the hell is this stamm guy anyway.

that your in game name?

teyaha stamm is on ALOT. shows how much you play the game, which also shows your insight on game mechanics

Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:30 am

Gura wrote:burpie there really isnt much risk involved tho. losing xp is nothing compared to losing eq and trying to CR a zone that u do naked normally is cake compared to trying to CR in seelie or bc naked.

*shudder* Seelie loves teaching humility! :P That place is ruff. I was swarming, when another squad walked in...OUCH OUCH Hi! Welcome to sojourn! :oops:
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:33 am

I wasn't deeply upset at you stamm nor do i care if u die tomorrow..im just saying stfu if u dont know what ur talking about mmmmkay? thanks have a nice day. oh btw sorry i decided to be nice and have a convo instead in the game instead of flaming on here.

Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:03 am

Imphras sure has gone down hill I guess

..im just saying stfu if u dont know what ur talking about mmmmkay? thanks have a nice day.

Imphras is changing as are all guilds. We may not be what we were, but we still seem to be doing pretty well with at leasty 6-7 zones per week.

Stamm is a good player. You haven't grouped with him. You don't know him or how he plays so I thought I'd suggest Gura's advice.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:16 am

Gura wrote:I wasn't deeply upset at you stamm nor do i care if u die tomorrow...

That's cold man. Almost as cold as when i tag teamed your mom!

Oh damn. Got you twice.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:28 am

never nuk...because i set you up...it wasn't my mother that you tag teamed..that was Gormal's grandmother.

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:30 am

As Zoldren once said, "its all pink on the inside".

Okay that was gross:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:40 am

thanuk wrote:As Zoldren once said, "its all pink on the inside".

Okay that was gross:)

omg ack
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:42 am

Mitharx wrote:im just saying stfu if u dont know what ur talking about mmmmkay? thanks have a nice day.

That might actually mean something to me if it came from someone who had even the remotest clue on what's going on.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”