Togpc

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Togpc

Postby Corth » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:34 am

Shev:

Togpc is a good start but it needs to be implemented better.

When you are leading a group, it is often important to be able to leave the room without having everyone follow you. For instance, when you want to scout for enemies on a grid, you don't usually want to drag 15 people with you.

However, you dont wan't to wait for 15 people (one or two of which who are inevitably going to be afk) to refollow you once you return to the group....

When I was able to sneak/hide, perhaps the biggest benefit was that I could leave my group's room without having to tog follow. Before I got volos I would often have one pc go into an adjacent room so i could dim to him in order to get away from the group without togging follow.

Instead of making togpc the equivalent of tog follow without pets, it should simply make your group not follow you until you tog it back. That way, leaders would have ultimate control over the movement of their group. I could togpc, run into the next room, scan, run back, togpc, and move the group two rooms. This is the kind of control over group mobility that leaders have sorely lacked for years...

As it stands currently, I don't see how togpc is useful except for certain classes that want to tog follow without losing pets. This command could become a powerful tool to all skillful group leaders if it were modified slightly.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:46 am

omg I agree so mightily. *hi5 corth*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:04 am

Sweet Idea!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:35 pm

Another major benefit that I forgot to mention is that it would allow leaders to 'mem out' without dragging the other casters out of the room..
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:43 pm

mmmmm very very nice idea.
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:26 pm

or you could just have a command that makes u move in a direction w/out stuff following you.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:49 pm

tog loner

Corth appears from a puff of smoke.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:13 pm

Really good suggestion Corth.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:03 pm