Illusionist Idea

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Illusionist Idea

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:55 am

Illusionists will probably never get a blind spell, and frankly, there is probably some good reasons for this. However, what about a spell that could inhibit mobs from switching opponents? It could somehow affect the way the mob percieves the surroundings and inhibit switching. That sounds like an illusionist spell right? Could be pretty usefull while zoning.

However, maybe this is too powerful. Perhaps the spell could work just for the illusionist, preventing the mob from switching to him/her alone. Or, perhaps it could be a target spell. You could cast it on your groups cleric or something. Just a suggestion, what do you think? :)

Napex
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:54 am

Stun stops switching, use that. Blind aint gonna happen.

Now for an unrelated issue 'cause I feel like it.

Mirrorimage should eat bashes, just like it eats normal melee hits. Other classes can get !bash (reduce, airembody) so why not?
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:12 pm

I think it was like that when it first came in (mirror image eating bashes that is) but then got changed later.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:59 pm

Frankly, Illusionists dont need anything else.

As for mirror image eating bashes, I'm happy it doesn't. However, it ALSO shouldn't eat shieldpunch or kick. It sucks having my mirrors poofed from a shieldpunch or kick, and then I'm STILL lagged like I just got hit with it. It seems like this should be changed just for continuity with the bash change. That, or we shouldn't be lagged when a shieldpunch/kick hits a mirror. Either way really.
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:39 am

I personally think mirror image should eat anything targeted at the illusionist, be it target spells, bashes,sp, anything. On the same token though, the images should be destroyed by area spells. It makes sense anyways. That probably doesn't sound good to most illusionists though :P
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:11 pm

Illusionists are perfect the way they are.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”