Bard song request change.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Bard song request change.

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:47 pm

Please remove miscast magic (because it sucks) and change song of harming to give a random chance to stun and or abort a spell due to lack of being able to concentrate.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:18 am

Well, Song of Miscast Magic has greatly reduced effect on all mobs with Magic Resistance, which is the only place it might be worthwhile. I've had a hard time getting it to stop the Shady Man that guards Splitshield. Other songs that don't do what they say they do: Song of Defensive Disruption, and Song of Renewal. Defdis would have to have a hugely greater effect to be noticeable, and upping Meditate skill (renewal) doesn't help casters mem any faster. Seelie staff is like 10x better than the song. And I never sung our newest song, the one for elemental procs, after I found out how much mana I waste per proc.

The Bard class is still fun, don't get me wrong. We just need Itchy to come back and start listening to us again! Where are you, Itchy?!

Oh, and please please please please please please PLEASE please please PLEASE PLEASE please please please please make it so that when a bard stops singing _on purpose_, any accompanying bards _do not_ try to pick up the song. Every bard has made a trigger to automatically do this, which negates the whole point of the accompanying bard trying to pick up the verse (save the song from dying if stunned/silenced). Not having the trigger kills people more surely. Thanks for listening, I hope this didn't come off as a rant!

Edit: To make things clearer: I want the accompanying bard to try to pick up the verse (skill check) if the lead singer is stunned/silenced/whatever. I _don't_ want him to try to pick up the verse if the lead singer stops on purpose. This would save sooo many hassles, since the song code totally blocks anyone trying to start a new song when one's already going in the room.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:51 am

I haven't asked for an upgrade for any class in a while except for liches, which is a change that actually makes sense.

Aldira: What's your skill in it? Iyachtu told me you need a really high skill in it to actually work, but I've only spent maybe 4 hours practicing my mandolin/baneful so I never bothered to test it on the shady old man.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:30 am

Editing this thread by deleting several posts. Stop the childish games please, stop the flaming NOW and keep this crap off of the BBS. There are others here who actually give thoughtful feedback to peoples suggestions.

Stamping out the flaming on the bbs begins somewhere. This is not the begining, but it will continue.
Last edited by Shar on Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:35 am

I didn't flame anyone. I questioned why you'd edit one flame and not another.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:37 am

Tanji = pwned

Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:53 am

virtuoso (master) (99)

healing songs (master) (99)
melee songs (master) (99)
magical songs (master) (99)
baneful songs (master) (99)

flute (master) (99)
lyre (master) (99)
mandolin (master) (99)
harp (master) (99)
drums (master) (99)
horn (master) (99)

The fiddle (flagged mandolin) I was using while testing it on the shady man is also Quality 4.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:57 am

Hrm that totally goes against what iyachtu told me. guess he needs to tweak it :P

Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:54 am

8)

*Shar appears in a fuzzy bear suit*

You and only you can prevent BBS flames.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”