xp craziness

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
irta
Sojourner

xp craziness

Postby irta » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:26 am

I just finished killing Kazgoroth and friends, and I didn't notch. Kazgoroth is a god, hits like a freight train, stunning is rampant and frequently fatal, the fight takes quite a while and there were a decent number of casualties in a very good group.

Meanwhile, in less time, I could solo a couple of smoke mephits with very little risk and notch.

are there changes to xp in the works to make it reflect the difficulty involved?

the Irta
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:33 pm

You don't go killing Kazgoroth for xp.
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:53 pm

No, you don't but an epic type encounter such as killing a god or their avatar should give a hell of a lot more exp then some slaver on a pirate ship. killing a god should give a huge noticable chunk of exp.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:00 pm

Fully agree with that! Some fights w/death procs are only rewarded with rareload eq and nothing else. Purple worm is great example. Lots o death, not so happy exp. Kind of reminds me of filth undead in AD&D draining levels. Just stay the hell away isn't the answer cuz mobs are there to be clobbered.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”