Minimum Stat Requirements

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Minimum Stat Requirements

Postby Gindipple » Sat Mar 31, 2001 10:46 pm

I rolled my enchanter picking STR and CON as my primaries because I know how important they are for an early char. It would be nice if I could dedicate it to something like INT instead. Now even with STR as one of my primaries I have a small problem. I make a raft and can't pick it up myself, gotta get someone else to get it and overload me with it. Then I have to drop my barrel and anything besides a few rations and my light source just to be able to move. I think I should not be able to roll a char that can't carry a basic raft around. I'd like to see either the basic raft made lighter or a bare minimum on STR for casters. God forbid if I get any extra eq and would like to carry it in my bag.

Thanks.

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Me
Sojourner

Postby Me » Sun Apr 01, 2001 3:41 am

I could imagine a lot of people in RL who couldn't manage to pick up a decent sized raft made out of wood (which would be fairly heavy). It's not completely beyond imagination that a frail, mage type wouldn't be able to pick one up. Especially lil' gnomies.

On the other hand, it is a real pain. For gameplay purposes, I wholeheartedly agree.
Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Sun Apr 01, 2001 4:33 am

heh lemme start off by apologizing because I know this post of mine is biased. So, sorry guys! Well, the crossing over the water thing is I believe supposed to be inconvenient, just like terrainVSmvs. The biased part is that I play a dwarf and can carry the raft just fine along with all my eq and other provisions 8b. I remember last wipe when we started getting the skiffs and saw the sun shine on the mages' faces. They've finally got to the stage where they can no longer see that as too big of a problem. Anyhow this post is just to offer an explanation from my viewpoint, but again it IS biased. Lighter rafts wouldn't bother me the least bit either 8)

You take the point!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Apr 01, 2001 10:25 am

There are several wt 0 boats in the game, although nobody will be able to get em before level 40 Image
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:04 pm

I guess my main concern is that being a mage I should be able to concentrate my stat selection on something magical like INT, but instead I have to focus on STR. Shouldn't that be a prime of say a warrior? Also it's becoming a royal pain if in a group, hold up guys someone has to get the raft for me and then carry my bag.
What if I happen to be on late and I'm trying to solo something and die. Yea sure I got a girdle of giant strength and bags that are weightless in my corpse, too bad it's on the other side of the river and no one is around this time to help me.
I agree the game should not be easy, but this is a bare minimum thing.
Maybe make it more RP like and if a Gnome makes a raft, he doesn't make one that he can't carry, what Gnome would do that?
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:08 am

Ok this is funny.
I'm waiting on the east side of the lake by SS. Essete entered the game and was gonna help me cross it. He dropped his raft thinking I could use it. I told him you have to hand it to me I'm too weak. Then I said ok now consent me. Then I gave him my bag so that I could move while holding only the raft. And went to the west side. I dropped the raft and told him, ok now bring my bag to me.
OPPS!
He had no raft on that side and I now couldn't get the raft to take to him. We decided it was best if I stripped nekid and dropped all my eq then get the raft and run back to him for the bag. Luckilly it worked.

Then I was able to get my eq back off the ground. OMG, just noticed the mud crashed, guess what I'm gonna pop back on the other side again!

Thanks Essete for the help.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Apr 02, 2001 8:57 am

I've been noticing that weight allowance seems low too. The other day all I had was my eq, a bp with some rations and an extra torch and maybe a couple other things in it, my barrel, and a sword. My load was at moderate! Now the thing is, back in the old days my pakcs would be stuffed with useless junk... tons of it, but my load would always be light. And I never had any of those weightless bags either... heh. Then picking up a raft makes me have a heavy load... which makes it a bitch to carrya raft from WD to ZK only to find it not there... err... 'nother story. Image

Basically though I'm thinkin' that weight allowances might have been messed up? Like strength isn't as much as it used to be for carryin' things...

Sarvis
Zsati
Sojourner

Postby Zsati » Mon Apr 02, 2001 7:27 pm

Gnomies are not frail, just short! I know one who would quickly bring you to the ground with a swift kick...

------------------
Nazma (a gnome in drow skin)

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”