Toss out your old ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Toss out your old ideas

Postby Tempus » Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:15 pm

I have noticed that people are still convinced that bringing "to many people" rins the exp. It simply isn't true under the new combat engine. Take note of what the evils are doing (massive groups) and start taking on more people. You will cut through mobs quicker, and advance faster as a result. Could be why evils are dominating who sort. Old conceptions about how to advance should be reconsidered in light of the many changes.

Temp
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Apr 01, 2001 9:38 pm

What who sort are you looking at? Image

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:59 am

People are complaigning about how well the evils are doing, the reason is simple: we are allowing anyone into a groups, judging them independantly of our groups size.

With these supergroups, we are not taking things that are unskilled, we are taking higher mobs than we could manage in smaller "traditional exp" groups.

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Apr 02, 2001 4:59 am

I generally accept all comers to a group, as it is very rare at low levels that people won't contribute something. But sometimes too much is too much, I mean, if you need 4 people to kill the orc, why take 7? I found myself asking this as I kept winding up with 8 person groups. Then later I was in a 4 person group, we did slightly smaller mobs, and I leveled twice in the time it took the larger group to gain me 3/4 of lvl.

Group lots of people, sensibly.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Apr 02, 2001 4:51 pm

i found grouping w/ less people to be better exp. a warrior and conj were doing mobs that were 5 >'s a kill/rest. by doubling our group size, we got less exp b/c we could only kill one per kill/rest. in this case, we had 2 additional melee people. at our level the melee couldn't deal enough damage b/c they barely hit. if they had been 2 nukers we could have probably done 3 per kill/rest and gotten more exp.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:08 pm

We did large groups on the island, and it has worked very well. The only real problem is without some key zones, there isn't the larger mobs left to support the larger xp groups we have...in beta this shouldn't be a factor.
Belle
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:08 pm

Nods belleshel
Everyone trying to solo exp was what slowed down goodie exp overall since there are not enough low lvl mobs for everyone soloing.
once we island folks started grouping up its going a lot faster hence evils arent the only ones on top of the who sort anymore.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:50 pm

If it takes 4 people to kill an orc, take 7 and kill a bigger orc.
Zsati
Sojourner

Postby Zsati » Mon Apr 02, 2001 7:14 pm

Bigger groups of small people are the foundation for smaller groups of big people.

Nazma (a gnome in drow skin)
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Mon Apr 02, 2001 7:34 pm

If it takes 4 people to kill an orc, bring more people and kill more orcs more quickly (thats what we're doing).

"I cannot kill many people with one sword"

Generally, I have found that a large group of people at rougly the same level works best at this point.

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”