Clerics...Again!!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Tinnel
Sojourner

Clerics...Again!!!

Postby Tinnel » Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:49 pm

Take gheal away from Shaman's, give them mass heal. Give Cleric's gheal at 10th circle. Talk amongst yourselves. That is all.

T
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:56 pm

Interesting idea...I'm getting all verclempt..

Yayaril
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:25 pm

LOL, someone finally got it. But really, Shamans are healing inferior to clerics all the way up really and then all of the sudden WHAM they get gheal, a highly superior healing spell. I don't know how much gheal does on Sojourn but give them mass heal and put it at half of gheal and give gheal to the clerics.

T
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:34 pm

Um. No. Clerics have plenty to do. We're not going to take one the shaman's signature spells away from them to power-up an already needed class. These are not the changes you're looking for. Move along.

Uthgar
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:35 pm

Yeah, I see your point, but I have some spluchis in my ginecticizoink.

Yayaril
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:55 pm

I never understood why only shamans got Gheal. Seems to be a spell that would be perfect for high-level clerics. And I dissagree with the argument that it's a Shaman's 'signature' spell. No class should be based around one spell. Give them some other abilities to make them more usefull(not saying take away gheal). I don't know much about their new spells so they may already be more useful and I don't know it (=

but clerics are healers, let them heal everyone at once!
Elarin
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Wed Apr 04, 2001 11:27 pm

My point Uthgar is that their "signature spell" is coming out of nowhere. None of their other spells even work up to it. It's a "cleric" spell. They're getting a spell that isn't even theirs to make them needed. Just trying to make a point, if it's not open for discussion I'll drop it. But giving them mass heal will make them just as helpful more on their own level, while giving clerics a spell that is rightfully theirs.

T
Thalor
Sojourner

Postby Thalor » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:50 am

Clerics are one of the most needed classes in the game, along with warriors and enchanters.
It'd be kinda silly to take archery away from rangers, and give them to warriors because warriors are "a master of all weapons," wouldn't it? Same thing applies with Clerics and group heal.
If you want to use the spell name arguement, let's just rename 'group heal' to 'group spirit surge,' then. Thus it rightfully belongs to shamans, dashing any arguements! =)
So to sum it up:
Gheal makes shamans needed in some groups, where as clerics are already needed in all of them, even without gheal.
Giving gheal to clerics would significantly damage shamans, while giving clerics and un-needed boost. =)

-Thalor
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:52 am

Sigh, the name of the spell isn't the point, the potency is. I give up.

T
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Apr 05, 2001 7:26 am

Tinnel I think you're mixing up different muds, Sojourn's gheal is a far cry from gheal on Basternae, which is what I think you're basing your post on. Gheal here heals roughly 100hp and works on a limited amount of people (granted enough for a big group, but not enough for 20 ppl). On bast it does much more, and it heals everyone, even if you have 50 people. Shaman should get gheal on Sojourn, clerics have fheal and more.
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Thu Apr 05, 2001 8:16 am

I wasn't basing it on Basternae, it just doesn't make sense to me, shrug.

T
Sanden
Sojourner

Postby Sanden » Thu Apr 05, 2001 3:05 pm

Omg! I've seen this exact thread on Verants whineplay boards before it was shut down. Image
Taking a spell away from a class thats had it for 2 years and give it to another class (because it made sense).Its that type of stuff thats causing deep negative feelings for Verant.
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Thu Apr 05, 2001 6:36 pm

Gheal for shamans make perfect sense, Tinnel. Shaman are the group protectors of the tribal races, ie trolls, ogres, barbs, etc. It is their duty to provide group necessities. Group spell ups are part of a shaman's spell repertoire. I hope that helps clear that up for you, Tinnel.

Nizrath
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Apr 05, 2001 7:15 pm

Give shaman group vit and make full heal actually heal fully?

*wink*

Jurdex
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Fri Apr 06, 2001 5:54 pm

I like that full heal part about fully healing Image
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 06, 2001 7:53 pm

hahaha... and druids group bark? Maybe "throng of tree spirits"? =P

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”