Nitpicking about Griffon's Nest

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
gnerble
Sojourner

Nitpicking about Griffon\'s Nest

Postby gnerble » Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:00 am

I noticed that it is rather difficult to find newbie supplies there. For one, the shop that sells torches and rations and waterskins is down the mountain in the mining camp, and isn't lit, so it's hard to buy a torch there when it's dark (although it's only open a few hours past darkness) Would be nice if the shops were lit.

Also noticed that the skin that sells for 2gp there comes empty. Not a huge deal since you can walk back up the hill and fill it at the fountain, but I thought that maybe it should come full of water.

-Gnerbs
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:05 am

I always hated that when I played a Barb.
I always thought it was just one of those things that was there to make them a little harder though.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Fri Apr 06, 2001 5:00 am

I always thought there should be a disclaimer... n00bs do not play a barb.. you will be seperated from everyone and spend alot of time walking. :P GN is fun, if you learn it.. and are decent level...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 06, 2001 7:56 pm

Yon average newb is not barb-worthy, at least not till there start being throngs of ever-helpful highlevel barbs. There is a message for EM, right? Saying you'll be cut off from help and exterminated by vengeful kobold hordes? :P
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Fri Apr 06, 2001 8:04 pm

pfeh!

I'll vote GN the best hometown right now! get over it! Image

Tay
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 06, 2001 10:10 pm

Laugh. Add a disclaimer for every race except humans and half-elves who start in WD!

In case you haven't noticed, EVERYONE starts off a bit spread out Image

- Ragorn
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 06, 2001 10:30 pm

<sarcasm>Yeah... and that quest for 10p is a bitch. Not to mention the free gold dust you can get... how the hell do those barbies survive up there?</sarcasm>

Sarvis
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sat Apr 07, 2001 11:30 am

I have mixed feelings about GN. On one hand, the walk is unpleasantly long, especially on a CR (try navigating the canyons of GN before you get to the Spine of the World without a torch), but on the other hand, it's a) more realistic to the FR campaign setting, and b) reduces the number of players willing to roll barbarians, which is a good thing(tm) IMHO.

So I'll suffer through the low levels till my colleague, Ilshadrial, gets moonwell ;p

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”