Healing spells

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Healing spells

Postby Kelsiria » Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:20 pm

I have noticed something quite interesting. Through my levels as a druid I was getting frustrated at the casting time for Cure Critic. Many times I'd see up to 8 or 9 asterisks in my casting time. It seemed to take forever to cast. Then I finally get Heal! I was so happy. When I first cast heal I was dumbfounded. It only took about 3 asterisks of casting time! Now, since getting heal, I, obviously, cast it more than cure critic, but on the rare occasions I do cast cure critic, I still get the insane casting times.

Would it be logical that since Heal is a more powerful spell than cure critic that there should be a change in casting times? I would think that after mastering such a spell as cure critic at level 34 that the casting time would lessen, yet it hasn't. The most I have seen in casting time for Heal has been about 5 asterisks, yet I am still seeing 8 or 9 for cure critic. Just doesn't computer with me. But then, maybe someone else will come up with a more logical explanation.

Kelsi

------------------
Man has eyes, yet does not see. Man has ears, yet does not hear.
~ King David
Tzat
Sojourner

Postby Tzat » Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:53 pm

The logic behind it is pretty simple I guess...cure light has a short casting time, cure serious a bit longer...cure critic a bit longer than that.
A "completely different spell", heal, was given a casting time based on whatever factors...just happens to be less than cure critic. Might seem kinda dumb I guess, though the difference should be certainly less noticeable with quick chant Image

I don't think the heal casting time should be increased, its been fine for a long time...maybe the cure casting times could be reduced? I guess that wouldnt mess anything up too much, but this also seems to be working pretty well.

Ok, i don't think i really answered anything in this post. oh well.
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Wed Jun 06, 2001 8:43 pm

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Now they're gonna go in and make heal casting time very very long, like 50 *! Thanks!

jk Image

That does seem rather long.
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Postby Kelsiria » Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tzat:
I don't think the heal casting time should be increased, its been fine for a long time...maybe the cure casting times could be reduced?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this. I think the Cure Crit casting time should be reduced, even if just slightly lessend. The casting for Heal is perfect, still has the opportunity to be a long cast, but if you make your quick chant, its far less.

Kelsi

------------------
Man has eyes, yet does not see. Man has ears, yet does not hear.
~ King David

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”