This doesn't make much sense...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Galorion
Sojourner

This doesn\'t make much sense...

Postby Galorion » Fri Jun 08, 2001 3:44 pm

I was playing as my newbie conjurer earlier today, and killing a shady youth in southern WD. The guard came in and assisted the youth!

I could understand the guard assisting if I attacked an innocent commoner or young woman, but a shady youth? That doesn't make much sense. I figured that if anything, the guard would assist me Image.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri Jun 08, 2001 5:49 pm

Just because he looked shady doesn't mean he is. The guards must follow the "don't judge a book by its cover" motto. Maybe the shady youth was really a nice guy, helping out at the soup kitchens, taking in stray dogs and cats and nursing them back to health, donating all of his money to charity. He might just look shady because he is so poor. And that innocent commoner or virtous young woman may actually be a assassin or worse. The guards don't know so they just assume YOU are the side of wrong since you must have started the fight.

Shame on you for attacking an innocent young boy just trying to stay alive in this crazy treacherous world. Shame on you.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:18 pm

Yeah, except that the guard doesn't know who started the fight - he walked in on it late. For all he knows, that youth was mugging me and I was defending myself!

*grin*
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:32 pm

Don't fight near guards.....Its all.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2001 6:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galorion:
<B>Yeah, except that the guard doesn't know who started the fight - he walked in on it late. For all he knows, that youth was mugging me and I was defending myself!

*grin*</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That guard lives in that town. Probably walks by that same boy every day, waves hello to him. One day, he sees that boy in a fight against an armed and armored stranger that he doesn't recognize.

Wonder who he's going to think started the fight?
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri Jun 08, 2001 9:06 pm

Yeah, maybe the guard was just on his way to visit his poor nephew and maybe give him some sweetcakes when he find you trying to kill him! I can't believe they let your kind in the gates...

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:05 am

Actually it's a little known fact that to NPCs, all human PCs have the short description "an exceptionally shady human". So the guard, upon comparing shadiness, decided you were the one to beat on. Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”