Double Fleeing

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
kobdahn
Sojourner

Double Fleeing

Postby kobdahn » Thu Jul 12, 2001 11:44 pm

I'd like to see the flee command change so that if you are not in combat, you won't flee. I've seen many many people die because they typed flee just as their wimpy kicked in. It's not very realistic, and is one of the more frustrating ways to die.

kobdahn
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:31 pm

Easy solution: toggle your wimpy so that you must manually flee...or don't type flee b/c you're getting a little "puckered" with the way the fight is going and wait for your wimpy to kick in.....just a thought.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:54 pm

Always wimpy 0, unless leader asks for something else.

/Jegzed
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:28 pm

I actually like this idea personally.

Recommendations for not dying now:

Yup, if you are zoning let the group leader decide what you do.

If not zoning, and you have a reliable connection, use manual flee. If you don't trust your connection with your life, use wimpy and as stated by Tovar, just wait for it to kick in.

I agree that it is a bit stupid (and unrealistic) to be running around like a chicken with your head cut off when you spamflee, and likewise even if you just wimpy and then flee once back into danger, it isn't at all realistic, but it is REALLY funny to watch! Image Huge laughs, especially if you happen to be, say 1w and someone enters from the east, panics and leaves east, then a death cry ROFL. Sorry, death is never fun, but I just find that sooo funny.

Realistically, your idea makes sense and would make the game easier.

prob with waiting for wimpy: you get bashed, then critted, you won't be leaving the room, you'll be standing up instead. You then get whacked again before you flee, so you could be dead.

prob with 0 wimpy and using manual: lag=death

I can't think of any argument against the 'no flee while no combat' idea except that some people like to have their flee trigger for when a dim door opens kick in before combat starts Image
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:33 pm

I like this idea too, and I really seen no reason why it shouldn't be that way.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Tue Jul 17, 2001 2:36 am

I think this is a terrible idea (no offense) Image. There have been numerous times where I'm spamming to get to somewhere, and run into a room where I have like .5 seconds to react, or die. In those cases, you dont think rationally (i.e. I just entered from the east so I should go west now so I dont engage the mob and die). Instead of thinking rationally and typing west (w), just hit flee. This little bit of code has saved my ass numerous times and it SHOULD NOT be changed!

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency (almost there!)
My 2 Cents
Blix
Sojourner

Postby Blix » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:14 am

I guess most people won't remember this. But they DID put in code to where you could only flee if actually in combat and everyone loved it. The problem? It broke all tracking mobs for some reason. Was totally hilarious. They yanked it within an hour and it has never been back. I had no idea WHY it broke trackers, or even what they could possibly have to do with each other, but it was damn funny Image This was back on early toril I believe. Think it was D2 that did it.
Tzat
Sojourner

Postby Tzat » Tue Jul 17, 2001 4:28 am

I agree with gordex, quite often i flee when not fighting as a reflex...i dont care where i go..as long as its out!
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:01 pm

Ok, so how about it being togglable?

Non-combat fleeing on/off

*shrug*
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Jul 20, 2001 4:36 pm

i have to agree with the idea of flee only working in combat. i have died so mant times to a double flee, whether by my own fault of because wimpy kicked in, that it is just silly.

escape doesnt work in combat, why not just do the same with flee, you could save a lot of people some long walks that way ;)

jus a thought,
Cir - "well, that wasnt what i meant to do"
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:27 am

Duh people :P just make a trigger on yer failed flee attempts that tries to flee again just type flee once and u be out safe and clean....

/Klurg
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kobdahn:
<B>I'd like to see the flee command change so that if you are not in combat, you won't flee. I've seen many many people die because they typed flee just as their wimpy kicked in. It's not very realistic, and is one of the more frustrating ways to die.

kobdahn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason I don't use wimpy while at my keyboard. Being a caster who is constantly casting spell after spell (failing quickchant entirely too much for skill level) wimpy is not for you.

I use an alias for "fl" to "abort;flee". And then I use trigger for panic you can't escape to flee me again if I happen to fail. I find this method most flawless.. and will remain strongly opposed to wimpy forever.

-Jaznolg
Wimpy 0 for life!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”