Dakn Corpse Rot in GN

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Gort
Sojourner

Dakn Corpse Rot in GN

Postby Gort » Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:04 pm

Dakn,

I found all your gear lying in the room adjacent to the Shaman in the longhall of GN, I put it all in your bag, and have it on me. Next time you see me in any incarnation, send me a tell, and I'll give it all back to ya.

Toplack
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:15 pm

on a side note: who in the world tracked marilith demon to the guildhall? when i first saw it there cobu was ld/sleeping. was it u cobu?!?? :P
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:28 pm

Cobu has also lured several apprentices from Citadel to Turning Point, he excuse, i was exploring, that is why they continued to keep showing up after killing them each time to prevent lower lever characters death.

I would not be surprised.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:02 pm

Ok this really bothers me, not only because Dakn is a good friend, but because this thing has come up before.

Why in the world do gateguards not just fry anything that attempts to enter a city that normally wouldn't be allowed inside?

I know people have said that it could be twinked and blahblah, well I just don't see it. If there is a demon entering a city, I'd assume the heroic guards would come to the aid of the citizens, and not stand around waiting for it to kill everyone. There has got to be a way to fix this to a suitable fix.

Things like this are the lowest and most base form of PK on a NON-PK mud. There should never be a time when your CR becomes impossible due to someone else's stupidity in a hometown.

Twyl
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:12 pm

Hmm.

I suppose one solution would be that any mob slain by a guard of a town (or by any non-pc/non-pc type pet) that no eq drops and the corpse of the mob not appear.

Granted, this still leaves room for pcs to twinkishly get away from nasties setup to smite them for wandering into their lairs (marilith demon in gn, displacer beast near ss, etc)..

Dornax
Jurdex
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:05 pm

Not really... if you can make it to the city gates you can probably make it to the inn. So you can already get away... of course you screw over everyone in the inn like that right now since the gate guards just let demons and such walk right through.

Sarvis
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Aug 16, 2001 9:22 pm

Good point, Sarvis, however if you need to rent to escape the bad guy, then your punishment isn't being able to play that character for a while.. just throwing that out.

Dornax
Jurdex
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Fri Aug 17, 2001 4:03 am

Apparantly, and i'm sketchy on the details..

but it used to be that you could tag archie, run to ghore (as a troll), let troll guards spanketh archie, and get free nebbie.

things like this prob lead to guards not assisting.

if morons are tracking stuff around, then dont group with them. frankly if i'm being tracked i'm not gonna run into a town and kill other people, i gonna run somewhere else and die where i know a cr can be done.

twinky twinky, all these noobs.
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Aug 17, 2001 4:05 am

Dakn and I both mud from work usually.. Actually the same company, about 1500 miles away. Anyway, we are always AFK a lot. If you know you're going to be AFK, you should rent. If you don't rent and go LD, then you're SOL. Doesn't matter if you're in your guildhall, or in the middle of a zone. You can be killed anywhere (evils have it worse)

The only person I DON'T see complaining is Dakn.. Go figure =P
Cobu
Sojourner

Postby Cobu » Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:08 am

I walked out of GN down to near where the shepherd is and the demon hit me. I worded back to the guild and then rememed the word. The minute I pressed W to leave the guild the demon crit me to 50 hp, wimpy kicked in and I fled back into my guild master. I thought what the hell can I do at that point except to sleep and play another character since the guild master is the safest room at that time. Go figures.
Jorta
Sojourner

Postby Jorta » Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:07 pm

Dakn doesn't read these boards. He knows Toplack has his eq though. I was grouped with him doing some pretty lazy exp when he decided to word back to GN to look around. He died 5 times trying to get his corpse back in the course of about 45 min.

He mentioned after that...not quite complaining, but a long string of profanities directed at several targets and then 'I quit'. Luckily I don't think he went so far as to delete himself and I did see him on later that night, still trying to get his eq back. He was still extremely...agitated.

So I wouldn't say its not a big deal from his point of view.

I'm not sure how the demon made it back to GN, but as a point of courtesy, the next time you have an aggro tracking you - just go ahead and die. Please don't drag it all around Toril getting others killed. There are some nice ressers on and though they are busy, I'm sure if you are polite they will help you out after your death when they get a chance.

I also wonder if this is a re-emerging trend to lure trackers to populated places (or at least places where people are vulnerable). Twice in recent weeks I have come from my guildmaster in MH to find someone was purposefully luring an aggro to the top of the stairs to kill it in pieces. Please don't do that Image Its bummer enough to die once, head out on a CR and die again 5 seconds later on the steps of your hometown Image. Ok, I know yaun-ti and trolls hit that all time time. But at least I'm prepared when that happens and nobody is intentionally setting that up.

Ah well, it was an interesting afternoon. So much for some lazy experience and at least I look before leaving MH now!

Jorta
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:24 pm

ROFL!

Yes! If a mob is aggro to you and it's tracking you, just die. Just recl and let it kill you.

Sounds like a great idea! What level are you now? =P

ALL mobs with the "wander" bit set will not return to any specific location if they track and kill you. They will just stand on your corpse.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:44 pm

If you just lay down and die, you open up a host of easy corpse retrieval solutions.. including but not limited to.. mental dragging and sneak dragging. A group can then walk up and whack the mob without it scampering around and causing more problems. If you run all over gods creation with the marilith in tow, you're going to piss off a lot of people before you finally sprint your happy ass to safety.

Lay down and die. Your 20% is not worth more than the lives of every level 15 on the mud.

- Ragorn
dakn
Sojourner

Postby dakn » Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:22 pm

Couple things
One, is Toplack thanks
2nd is if a twink does something like lure a mari, then kharma will take care of that Image

3rd
had to be a shaman who lured it, cobu is the one who worded and voided. Thats a bad bad thing to do to other shaman who spend alot of time in gn. this is not bad code nor is there a quick solution. bad mudding and a selfish immature attitude is what caused this.

IMHO that is Image
dakn
Sojourner

Postby dakn » Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:23 pm

and I am now reading the bbs jhorr hehe.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”