Zone exps vs. Exp routes..

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
belleshel
Sojourner

Zone exps vs. Exp routes..

Postby belleshel » Wed Aug 29, 2001 6:42 pm

This would probably be a big burden on Cyric but...
How about giving more exps based on dangerous situations (where you'd learn the most). No zone comes really close to the exp you can get from running around on the pirate ship with a good group, and that is tedious, rarely involveds any thought, and almost perfectly safe. Fights like paracs, braxats, grey-greens should be worth more exps then running around killing the same ship mobs over and over. How about tucking some nice exp bonuses on challenging zone mobs to reward nice execution, good teamwork?
(You wouldn't have to take a long time raising all the mobs exps, but particular fights should be worth large amounts of exps)

Belle

Even citadel should be better overall exps then pirate/tower runs!
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:25 pm

I totally agree, more risks more returns. This will encourage people to do all the plane and other seldom touch zone for exp.

Blung take no prisoner.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:34 pm

and somewhere, far in the distance the sigh of Captain Miplit is heard, maybe now he will have a moments peace.
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:50 pm

I believe the "more risk, more reward" justification you speak of isn't taking into account that the "tough fights" you speak of are eq mobs...thus, greater risk...and DEFINITELY greater reward. I do think there needs to be more areas where higher levels can regain exp lost due to zoning...I'm sure a lot of trophies out there are getting frightfully high! Image
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Aug 29, 2001 8:49 pm

Tovar, one almost never does paracs unless they want to quest moonwell or enter avernus.

The braxats lead to jabberwock in which you get an uber ring and quest item, but it takes 12+ people to do it for 2 items.

Same goes for the grey-greens. Very risky fights on the way. Much chance for spank for one item.

Sure, great reward in loot, but generally only one or two items.

Crypts should be good exp! heh.

Dornax
Jurdex
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:33 pm

nods dornax.

Jot seems to be the only high lvl zone that I've gotten a few notches in, probably because of the sheer number of big mobs there are.

Yeah, stuff like the braxats should be a lot of xp, and the paracs fight should be a ton also, since even a rocking group can get spanked depending on how the lich lords proc.

I do think we need more high easy to access high lvl xp areas tho.. ship is good xp, but it is usually packed and gets dull after a while. Personally I like blip, but have trouble getting a group to go there because its kind of a pain to get to, and usually if we get a glober, we zone.

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 08-30-2001).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:40 pm

Last time I checked there were plenty more of decent exp zones around, especially for goodies.

LH elites, tower, ms wizzies, ms castle, menden Image

/Jegzed
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Aug 30, 2001 2:04 pm

LH elites aren't that good.. lvl 50ish mobs, took me 6 of them to get a notch... ClericXP (tm) remember.
Tower isn't much better, but at least its some variety.
Nobody wants to do wizzies, or kill king/prince/keen/robyn. Image
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Aug 30, 2001 2:57 pm

I'll do wizzies w/ ya Rylan, and king and the lot... pretty much, I'll try bout anything.

I'm just silly that way.

Toplack
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:32 pm

I do wizzies all the time!

Frensolith
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:50 pm

LH elites and wizzies really wind up being sucky exp around level 45. Imagine doing ship exp but only with reavers. There just needs to be more high level exp available period.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Mon Sep 03, 2001 11:19 am

I added and advertised a zone where every high level mob had significantly higher XP than any other mob in the game. I personally hand-set the XP higher than even that twice on these mobs, so they now yield at least 25% more than other identical, popular XP mobs from which I cloned them. Nobody goes because it's inconvenient. Go figure...

R
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Sep 03, 2001 5:10 pm

Laugh Cyric

If I had known that I would have been living in your zone!
Lokke
Sojourner

Postby Lokke » Mon Sep 03, 2001 5:26 pm

I have been in that zone a few times Cyric and I dont think I really noticed a difference in the amount of Exp gain. Then again I hardly ever look at my exp cuz I dont care. But we were trying to test to see how the exp compared to said BOAT. It seemed our group thought that the BOAT was still better exp. Some of the no-bash mobs can cause problems for small groups which would want to be experiencing there.
I dont mind the new zone, I really dont care about having other places to exp. I am like Blung in a sense, I would rather just do zones, even ones already done like manscorps *duck*, for exp.

2 cents

Lazz
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Sep 03, 2001 6:08 pm

Hey cyric.. wheres that damned key? Image
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cyric:
<B>I added and advertised a zone where every high level mob had significantly higher XP than any other mob in the game. I personally hand-set the XP higher than even that twice on these mobs, so they now yield at least 25% more than other identical, popular XP mobs from which I cloned them. Nobody goes because it's inconvenient. Go figure...

R</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah! Bah to you! I lead your zone about 2x a week, when I can find people who are willing to take the time to get there. So far the mobs we have gotten to aren't really worth the danger involved when you put them up against non-stop exp like in ship. Speaking from personal experience, the 5 mob chamber could be like mini-ship, but those mobs don't seem to go down nearly as fast, at least 2 are !bash, and they are all around 45th level. I'm not sure how this translates to better xp?

What I'm thinking,(and this is due to my last voyage into the place) is that we are missing out on the better stuff. I've only gotten a 4th key, and I'm assuming I know the way the rest would work for a time, so I'm anxiously awaiting a time when I can get some more people to sign on for adventure.

Don't just assume no-one goes to places Image

Twyl "I laugh at your blackhole of elven doom!" Twinshadow
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:35 pm

Hey Twyl, I'll go back down there. I want to find that stupid key to get in the main chamber and get access to the rest of the zone.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:41 pm

Bah!

That "five mob chamber" you refer to has mobs of the following levels:

56, 58, 59, 51, 54

When compared to the XP of the mobs on the ship, all mobs in this zone (with the exception of the annoying aggro wanderers) give more XP. :P

And it's not my fault you guys can't find a silly key that's locatable and you all know the name of!

R
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Tue Sep 04, 2001 5:49 pm

I'm just curious since I am not as well versed as my friends. Is this unspoken zone that has great exp and lost keys a zone that starts with B? I am out of the loop and everyone conveniently leaves out the name when referring to it. I am not sure if you are not supposed to advertise it or not on the board so I will just leave it as the B zone.
Jethrus Monk of Yore
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:01 pm

Yeah, Blip. Image

That key is locatable? boggle.. maybe we just aren't using the right name for it.. hmmm.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cyric:
<B>Bah!

That "five mob chamber" you refer to has mobs of the following levels:

56, 58, 59, 51, 54

When compared to the XP of the mobs on the ship, all mobs in this zone (with the exception of the annoying aggro wanderers) give more XP. :P

And it's not my fault you guys can't find a silly key that's locatable and you all know the name of!

R</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's odd, at level 43, I'm pretty sure 2 of them only conned slightly higher. Shrug.

All I'm saying is, level != xp necessarily.

Not being able to bash them hurts(those that are !bash), and so far I find that it's hard to get the right mix of levels of ppl to skill to get *more than ship* xp. Just an observation man, nothing more.

Btw, journeyed there last night again, only to have mud crash while we were inside... so frustrating Image

Twyl
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:15 am

Blipdoolpoolp is ridiculous xp. I notch a LOT faster there than on ship. Maybe it's because of the damage xp, whatever, but I love the zone.

Twyl and I love going there, it's our common bond.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:24 am

I think that's just rogue xp you're seeing, gnerb. I know my enchanter got easily about 50% more exp doin' ship over the same amounts of time than the past couple times I've been in blip.

All that might change a bit once I finally get past level 40 though.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Sep 05, 2001 12:22 pm

Hmmm.. I did pretty well the few times I was in Blip with Hyldryn. We were able to kill the 5 mob area and the 2 big casters and other guardian mobs each pop, so that worked well. Yeah, gotta watch those !bash things tho.. they hit damned hard on switches.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”