Trolls taking 3x fire damage?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

Trolls taking 3x fire damage?

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:24 am

Anyone know more details about this one? I heard it from several people in game, but cant find any information on it. My troll ate a cloud 3 days ago for more than 676 damage with a -10 save spell. Was wondering how much worse the fire thing can be... Was also wondering what the reasoning on upping it is. too many troll warriors? regen too powerful?

Would be nice if high level mages had a area cold based spell that did equiv damage so they wouldnt always cast fire based ones!

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 09-22-2001).]
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:07 am

Yes, trolls have a modifier for fire damage. No, I won't tell you what the modifier is. Image

Suffice it to say that it balances out the awesome regeneration..

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>Anyone know more details about this one? I heard it from several people in game, but cant find any information on it. My troll ate a cloud 3 days ago for more than 676 damage with a -10 save spell. Was wondering how much worse the fire thing can be... Was also wondering what the reasoning on upping it is. too many troll warriors? regen too powerful?

Would be nice if high level mages had a area cold based spell that did equiv damage so they wouldnt always cast fire based ones!

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 09-22-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they cast prism thunderblast and blacklight. just be glad they don't swarm and inferno
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:05 pm

Don't forget acid storm. Mages have much more varied offense than they did two wipes ago.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:23 pm

Thanks Shev. I wouldnt dream of asking you what the actual modifer is, however, you would let us know if it changed wouldnt you?

Heck itd be nice to even like to know if the change is being seriously debated. Its not that i would make any difference, just would be cool to be in the loop and be able to contribute discussion... Especially true since many people seeem to be aware of the and I've been told its not a matter of if but when (reportedly confirmed by some coder no one remembers the name of).

So, since you were generous enough to mention that there is a modifer (which i dont think was ever in contention) could you say if its changed recently or being discussed for change in the near future?

Thanks.
Nugg
Sojourner

Postby Nugg » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:33 pm

I've noticed that I do not regen as fast as a troll warrior, being a troll shaman.

Could someone take a look. I'm sure it's supposed to be less than a warrior, but it seems very slow to me (for a troll.)

Nugg
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:35 pm

troll regen is about 1-1.5% of your hp. so if your hp is over 400, you regen 4hp a round on average
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:39 pm

No change has been made or is planned for troll fire damage or regeneration.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:55 pm

thanks shev.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”