Perfectly planned by who?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Blung
Sojourner

Perfectly planned by who?

Postby Blung » Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:07 am

So what the fuck happen? 1st off we did 9 hells. Found a rare. decide to kill it. Lost the fight along with about 1/2 the group. We were in the mid of cr. dragged all corpses back. CRASH. didn't get a chance to ress anyone.
*thanks* did ribcages shit naked.

2) invasion load after 2 crashes later. Group got all the way to Loki. we lost 4 people. ressed all 4. then mud crash.

So your telling me we spend 5+hrs doing 2 zones and all the crashes seem to have perfectly timed. At least of the group found it very bullshit. It always seem to happen to us when we either in 9 hells or invasion.
So what give? Of course as always, Evils get screwed over. No response from petitioned. Not realistic answer anyway.

Yeah, who's the fucker that planned the WTC.

Blung take no prisoner.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sun Sep 23, 2001 5:00 am

Blung!! chill bro, same thing happened to us with almost the exact same timing doing vault. We got all the way to remos, lost a few people, dragged em out, got em looted, and crashed. Same thing happened again, got to remo's, couple got killed, crashed, so we broke..some of us went to tower for xp..bout an hour later...crash. I don't think its a conspiracy, just poor timing or someone using a skill thats jacked. Image

E
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:49 am

BIG BIG BIG difference between INVASION AND 9HELLS.. then vault...
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:06 am

What is the question exactly?

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>What is the question exactly?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question is why is it always crash when we about to kill a rare in 9 hells or finish up invasion. As in this case about to kill Loki. If someone know the bug & abuse it. that person should be punish. seem to happen to us close to every single time.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galok Icewolf:
BIG BIG BIG difference between INVASION AND 9HELLS.. then vault...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
AGREE

yea we just spend the past couple of hours (thanks crash) clearing ap and had Yan at awful then we get a crash.

there should be a certain point in a zone where if it crashes, gods should interevene. like for ap/fp when the whole thing is cleared or during invasion when starting 2nd gatehouse or something. oh and for summoning quest mobs like erlan/kern. what a waste of a couple of weeks to have it crash on the final step........

Dartan
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Sep 23, 2001 9:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>What is the question exactly?

The reason this question is coming up is because the mud is crashing incredibly often the last few days.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:44 am

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory against the evils? Relax Blung. This is a free game run by people who don't get paid. If you want something more stable start a mud yourself and control every detail.

You have been around here long enough to know that crashes happen A LOT when new code is being added. Heck there were enough crashes this week to get invasion to load like 3 times. Since it has been crashing a lot lately, you guys probably shouldn't have undertaken any major zones without assuming that a crash was very inevitable. *shrug*

Lyt
zipalodok
Sojourner

Postby zipalodok » Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:59 pm

I'd have to agree should be a rule lose all eq if you make the mud crash knowing it was going to happen and a rule for people who tell/post bugs that crash the mud, and if there using a alt character since you got a lovely "We know your IP" there main charcter should be the one that feels the punishment not there alt that has no worthy eq lvl 1 Image
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:33 pm

See, I was gonna just ascribe the crash yesterday that got me aggravated (magnificent beholder at awful) to extremely bad luck.

Thanks for making me paranoid, everyone.

THPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPT!

-VHF
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galok Icewolf:
BIG BIG BIG difference between INVASION AND 9HELLS.. then vault...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way..really??.. i thought they were about the same difficulty. I was talking about the timing/how much time took what to do.

Some people are just dense..

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 09-23-2001).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B> No way..really??.. i thought they were about the same difficulty. I was talking about the timing/how much time took what to do.

Some people are just dense..

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 09-23-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

time to CR rhemoz? kill mahdrel and treasury. that takes like 15 minutes at most.
time to CR avernus? gating to astral and assuming you fight nothing big on the way, then entering ribcage, breaking into the citadel, killing paracs then entering avernus then getting past all the patrols back to the corpses WITH some people naked takes like what 2 hours?

i'm sure you would feel the same way galok did ensis if you had to spend the next couple of hours cr'ing yourself naked instead of 15 minutes to cr vault.
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyt:
<B>Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory against the evils? Relax Blung. This is a free game run by people who don't get paid. If you want something more stable start a mud yourself and control every detail.

You have been around here long enough to know that crashes happen A LOT when new code is being added. Heck there were enough crashes this week to get invasion to load like 3 times. Since it has been crashing a lot lately, you guys probably shouldn't have undertaken any major zones without assuming that a crash was very inevitable. *shrug*

Lyt</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point I'm trying to make is why it doesn't crash at the beginning? middle or whatever? It always seem to happen to be the very end or when you about to finish the job. It can't be more perfectly timed all the time.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blung:
<B> The point I'm trying to make is why it doesn't crash at the beginning? middle or whatever? It always seem to happen to be the very end or when you about to finish the job. It can't be more perfectly timed all the time.

What you're observing is Murphy's Law.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:10 pm

Seems the mud crashes more often when "super" zones are being done. I think that you could probably say that "super" zones do unconventional things which introduce situatinos not normally encountered and may still be buggy. I've had invasion crash 3x when we hit second gatehouse. I've always thought that was fucked up especially the time when it happened and aryk's corpse was rotted at loki's feet.

While its totally possible someone is intentionally crashing the mud and some people are childish enough to take the evil/good thing / this game that seriously, its more likely that there are unknown crash bugs involving rareload mobs/zones. This could also account for quest fights like erlan. Or the skills thing. Regardless, its really jacked, especially when people lose eq/corpses or fumble their weapons (thats a personal gripe).

Its an administrative nightmare to try and do fair reimbs, something that sojourn in the past has avoided like the plague, but it often feels personal when it happens to us. Can i say again the corpse thing is really really fucked up?
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:15 pm

It crashes at inconvient times for goodies too. I haven't played much last week since I was too damn busy with stuff, but the week before that saw things like crashes in the middle of clearing air plane after we got spanked and I know of at least a few times where it's crashed near the start of invasion. The mud can be very prone to crashing at any time. You just tend notice it more when it happens to you in the middle of a bad situation.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Sun Sep 23, 2001 9:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiloppile:
<B> What you're observing is Murphy's Law.

The chance of the bread landing jelly side up is directly proportional to the price of the carpet.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Sep 23, 2001 9:21 pm

dudes.. everyone calm down Image

The mud seems to go through periods where it is really stable, then we get lots of crashes, such as when a bunch of new code is added and stuff. Its gonna happen.. coders have to work the bugs out.. a small piece of code may look innocent enough, but when it reacts with the other millions or whatver lines of code and files, you don't know whats gonna happen.

And believe me, us goodies have had plenty of crappy timed crashes too. :P
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:01 pm

I didn't based on last couple of days. I based on how many times we did it since S3 up and how many time it crashed timely. So chances are it either bug or someone behind it. I can see it happen 1x, 2x, 3x but it ridiciously to see if happen over 50% of the times. I recalled when ress quest first came in. We were introduce to 9-hells. We spend hours in 9 hells. It never seem to crash when we do ress quest. And now we do the zone for rare/exploring. When we encounter something new. It bounce to crash. So you see why new zone never get explore/done, God keep whinning about people not doing the new zone. and when something like this shit happen. and they don't seem to care. As players why do we have to put up with the crap, put the group at risk for nothing? Its not like we don't try to do it. Its just that we never get feedback of what did happen or at least give us key back when it does crash in major zone, why is that so hard to ask?

Blung take no prisoner.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:03 pm

If there's a crashbug in vault, it will be repeated so often that a coder will see it in a matter of days.

If there's a crashbug in 9 hells, it might take weeks for them to figure out what's causing it.

Krimon: All camp at tree.
*camp*
*start jot*
*CRASH*
*return*
Krimon: OMG invasion loaded, send tells!
*assemble group*
*step 1e*
*CRASH*

- Ragorn
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:07 pm

Weeks to figure out a bug???
I assume they have core files in which case no bug should take more than hours. Naturally this requires the coder to have hours to do so, but still I think weeks is a little out there for any bug.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:24 pm

There were at least 6+ times on soj2 that the mud crashed mid-invasion. We're talking past glammad, many times spelling up for loki..

It just happens.

If someone is intentionally crashing the mud, I am sure the admins will deal with it regardless.

Dornax
Jurdex
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Mon Sep 24, 2001 12:39 am

It is a well know fact that the gods are out to keep the evil man down. That is why they
have started the mud up again. Without the
mud being up how could they keep the evil man down? So you see it all fits. Now you may say it is a coincidence that they brought the mud back up and the evil man was kept down! But I ask you, doesn't Kenny always get killed? Is that a coinsidence?
I mean how else do you explain Sandra Bullock. You can't tell me she can act, yet
she is in the movies. This is all part of the pattern of discrimination that the evil man faces everyday!

**Background music fades in with a chorus of
**We Shall Overcome!

Ezza
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gindipple:
<B>Weeks to figure out a bug???
I assume they have core files in which case no bug should take more than hours. Naturally this requires the coder to have hours to do so, but still I think weeks is a little out there for any bug.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because you have a corefile and exact information of the state the program is when it crashed does NOT mean that you have gotten a clue on WHY it crashed Image It helps in most cases, but there are cases where the actual crash is just a sideeffect of something far more sinister.

/Jegzed
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Sep 24, 2001 7:39 am

Thanks for saying that so I didn't have to Jeg...you're my hero! Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:10 am

I think Thrand described the situation perfectly and fairly! *ducks*
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:59 pm

Like someone said before it's all Murphy's law. Same thing used to happen to us at Tiamat on Soj1. The probability of a crash was directly proportional to how far you were along in old avernus. Thus the probability of a crash was very very high when Kurz or Todd groupsaid "Full Spellup" standing 1n of her. Usually about 98% it seemed some days.

Dlur/Ruld/Motog
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 pm

SNAFU

It's a game, its free, inconvienent things happen, its life. I'm just happy they brought it back, frustrations aside. Not belittling how inconvienent or frustrating these things are, but hey, irl, does it really effect you THAT much? If so, my advice, get more outside activities, and more stress relief. If this is your stress relief and you're experiencing more aggravation, please find something more effective for lowering your blood pressure.

I like pretty much everyone I've met on the mud over the years, but it took the time the mud was down to put things in perspective for me.

In short, luck to you on uberzones, I'll keep my fingers crossed you won't experience a crash during them.

Toplack
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>SNAFU

It's a game, its free, inconvienent things happen, its life. I'm just happy they brought it back, frustrations aside. Not belittling how inconvienent or frustrating these things are, but hey, irl, does it really effect you THAT much? If so, my advice, get more outside activities, and more stress relief. If this is your stress relief and you're experiencing more aggravation, please find something more effective for lowering your blood pressure.

I like pretty much everyone I've met on the mud over the years, but it took the time the mud was down to put things in perspective for me.

In short, luck to you on uberzones, I'll keep my fingers crossed you won't experience a crash during them.

Toplack</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh, we all know the admins doing their best. The point of having this bbs is to get things fix. Why do you think we as player bother to post it up if the admin doesn't care? If we as player never bring it up, the admin never know and the cycle keep repeating. In rl, are you happy getting pay minium wager through out your life, never for a raise and never give a shit about it?

Blung take no prisoner.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Sep 24, 2001 11:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blung:
[b]Duh, In rl, are you happy getting pay minium wager through out your life, never for a raise and never give a shit about it?

Blung take no prisoner.[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get min wage??? Yer LUCKY!!! When I was your age we got half a cent a week, lived in a lake, had to get up 3 hours before we went to bed, clean the lake, and our daddy would THRASH us to sleep... IF WE WERE LUCKY!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:57 am

Luxury.

There were 150 living in a shoebox in the middle of the road.

- Ragorn
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Tue Sep 25, 2001 1:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caedym:
You get min wage??? Yer LUCKY!!! When I was your age we got half a cent a week, lived in a lake, had to get up 3 hours before we went to bed, clean the lake, and our daddy would THRASH us to sleep... IF WE WERE LUCKY!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure anyone in this life time can get up 3 hours before they went to bed. And beside, what is your point? Pension in Bulgaria is 2 dollars a month as of today. Mixing apples and oranges to prove what? Life is to strife forward, not going backward. You don't live in the past, you live for the future.

Blung take no prisoner.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:21 am

Blung:

I was wondering if you have any theories on who killed JFK.

Corth
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:37 am

Hey Corth, why don't you spend more time learning how to play S3? Like doing nightshade with a 6 man group.

Blung take no prisoner.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:08 am

In case you all missed it, this is BETA. Say it with me now, B-E-T-A. If you don't like it, wait until they release to full version! Otherwise shut the fuck up and cope!

Gordex - Gordex travel Agency

[This message has been edited by Gordex (edited 09-25-2001).]
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gordex:
<B>In case you all missed it, this is BETA. Say it with me now, B-E-T-A. If you don't like it, wait until they release to full version! Otherwise shut the fuck up and cope!

Gordex - Gordex travel Agency

[This message has been edited by Gordex (edited 09-25-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh! If you don't fix stuff in Beta, there is no full version. What do you think Beta is?

Blung take no prisoner.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:42 am

Outdated video format? Image

Twyl
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:34 am

woo blung.. you are sounding a tad bit hostile there.. Image maybe you could try a more tactful manner, if this is a bug notice you might try something like: you might want to look into 9hells and invasion, it seems to frequently crash the deeper we get into it.. instead of, conspiracy theory this, who is crashing the game at an important time for me cuz they hate me? etc.
Image just might want to tone it down a bit.. you sounded a lil too worked up and stressed out.. Image
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:57 pm

I can understand blung. I'm pretty sure hes bringing it up because hes frustrated like alot of evils are. It is unlikely a bug, as goodie groups have been able to complete these major zones were talking about. I've been on several of these trips, and its really frustrating. There is a definate chance someone is being malicious, or theres possibly a bug that evils keep running into. The two times evils have completed Invasion has been LATE (1-3 am pst) as far as I know.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:05 pm

The two times evils have completed Invasion has been LATE (1-3 am pst) as far as I know.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually when I led Invasion we got finished about 2am CET, thats 8pm EST for you yanks. Pretty much primetime Image

/Jegzed - Satan's little helper.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:55 pm

We have a Python siting on the BBS, I say again, a Python siting on the BBS....

This has been a Python alert test... had this been a true Python emergency you would be directed to the nearest parrot.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:42 pm

In the past, purposefully crashing the mud to further your own ends could get your characters suspended or banned. On Soj3 though I've seen people talk about doing it on OOC, of all places, shortly after a crash (Hey rogue, I want to do xxx zone, go garrote something. *crash*; *crash* Just checking to see if that crash bug has been fixed.).

Perhaps a reiteration of the staff position on discipline for abusing bugs (to crash the mud, in this case) would be appropriate so that it's perfectly clear that this hypothetical situation would not be tolerated.

As for conspiracy theories, while it's possible, it's highly unlikely. It doesn't hurt to inquire politely if the staff would investigate. Comparing circumstancial evidence of rule-breaking to RL mass-murder which has recently hit home VERY close to a large segment of this community is not likely to make anyone sympathetic to your complaints. That includes me.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mishre:
<B>woo blung.. you are sounding a tad bit hostile there.. Image maybe you could try a more tactful manner, if this is a bug notice you might try something like: you might want to look into 9hells and invasion, it seems to frequently crash the deeper we get into it.. instead of, conspiracy theory this, who is crashing the game at an important time for me cuz they hate me? etc.
Image just might want to tone it down a bit.. you sounded a lil too worked up and stressed out.. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

=) Blung needs a hug.. Someone give Blung a hug! Don't be shy, now... he won't bite!
Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:39 pm

Silly thread.. Coulda been a valid discussion where Blung discusses mud instability but childishness seems to be the essence of this thread. Not saying that your theory is impossible, just not likely. and thus perhaps shouldn't go about it with such force and emotion??

[This message has been edited by Koric (edited 09-25-2001).]
Xizz
Sojourner

Postby Xizz » Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:40 pm

This version of the mud is supposed to be beta, however if I recall correctly there was a promise never to wipe again so... Essentially the mud is in it's final form, just that it's going to go thru a lot of upgrades and changes along the way. Which should of course require input from the player base.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:44 pm

C'mon. No one is oppressing the evils.

The Gods have enough to deal with without having to wade through these "but so-and-so always gets this or finishes that zone" kinds of posts.

Dornax
Jurdex

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:49 pm

I'd like to make a suggestion to anyone who thinks that a particular zone might be crashing the mud:

*Please* log your activities when you're in that zone. It is certainly possible that something is happening to crash the mud, but vague posts about "every time we do a zone and get near the end" can't really help us narrow it down to an actual problem, particularly when you're talking about multiple zones.

The next time the evils go to do a zone that they've had problems with a crash before, please be sure to log your trip there. That way, if it crashes, we have the maximum possible opportunity to catch any potential problem.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:10 am

<B> I have nothing important to say, I just want gripe about my bad luck. Sorry for the confusion but if I really wanted to report bug problems I'd at least have the common sense to log the events and/or report them in an adult manner and timely fashion without filling my ‘bug reports’ with derogatory and condescending emotion on a public forum.

Blung make no sense.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well met Blung! *duck*

I apologize that my attempted humor of reciting a Monty Python skit, which apparently fell upon daft ears, foiled my endeavor to alleviate the harsh sentiments geminating within the current forum topic.

In the interest of consistency, I would agree with you my well-spoken friend, that indeed the MUD does appear to have acquired a crash propensity when nearing the completion of Jot Invasion. Unfortunately I must disagree with you if you feel that this is something new, or that it is only unique to 9Hells and Invasion. I have noticed this trend towards most major zones in general since the dawn of Sojourn1, but if you’d prefer to reinforce the notion that there is indeed a conspiracy behind the MUD crashing, then I suggest you direct your resentment squarely upon me. Yes, it is I who crashes the mud. I admit to this dastardly deed that has been transpiring since Sojourn1. I have been the reason behind every crash that came at the end of doing Jot Invasion, even when I was away for 2-3 years, and when I’m not on. I can even do it when not logged on. It’s simple really. I just cross my fingers and in a monk-like tone chant, “Crash! Crash! Crash!” And when that doesn’t work, (which it usually does because I have acquired Illithid-like mental powers after I discovered the magical world of Narnia by squeezing Chandler’s third nipple), I simply run over to Miax’s house, hit his knee with a rubber mallet, and make him reflex kick the server. Boom!

“You must die, I alone am best!”
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:06 am

Invasion seems to be the one that crashes most often before anyone can finish.

I wonder if leaders (or more accurately players following the leaders) can put greed aside and consider having just one 15 man group in invasion? Do it a couple times and see if that helps any (though i think the second gatehouse is the buggiest fight).

I'm thinking basically, whichever group wants to do glammad enter and do him and get out. Then the other group can take the lengthier palace. Better yet, how about just letting the first full group (meaning all 15 men (or however many you think you can do it with, no gating in new people) take the whole damn thing. Since theres only about 5 people who lead invasion regularly, i think you could work something out between yall...
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Fri Sep 28, 2001 8:30 am

Well.. if you really wanted to fix this problem quickly you can setup a test port, get like 15-20 ppl or whatever to help test 1 zone at a time(setup decked out level 50 chars maybe for them).. make everyone log everything, see what the last thing each person typed was.. or certain affects that took place.. etc.. so you might be able to isolate the problem with a day or 2 Image (then move onto a next zone that might be buggy)...*of course.. only the ppl asked to ptest and gods would be able to log a char into this port, and no char generation*

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”