Observation on Evils

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Todrael
Sojourner

Observation on Evils

Postby Todrael » Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:43 pm

Although I would still like to see the outcast system re-implemented, it seems that the majority of players are against it, and to maintain player base the fundamentals of the game, once established, should not change greatly. I realize that and accept it.

Upon further thought on the matter of the dying evils, I have come to the conclusion that the fundamental boredom and lack of events on the evil race side is the lack of leaders. Every single time a leader has signed on, we have zoned. Even after 30 hours uptime, we managed to zone for over 4 hours.

It's not for lack of the core classes, either. As I said in another thread, if a group forms, all but 2 or 3 of the members log in within 20 minutes of each other. ICQ and tells to alts are the main cause of this. They're hanging out, they just don't log on their evil.

The players are there and willing.

Drivers wanted.

-Todrael
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:15 pm

Uhm... whenever I'm on there is never anyone on to lead around, so I totally disagree. Maybe it's different at different times when I'm not on.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:23 pm

I kinda agree, seems like a lot of folks playing alts, and if you know who to tell to you can get a group together. I still think there a shortage of clerics and enchanters though.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:24 pm

Clerics, yes. Need more clerics too, good idea. I still think if the big leaders come back, others will fall into place.

-Todrael

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 10-12-2001).]
Vylare
Sojourner

Postby Vylare » Fri Oct 12, 2001 7:19 pm

I think the grass might always be greener. Just the other night a level 48 warrior and I were standing around the fountain waiting for a healer, any healer, to log on (and were seriously considering the level 22 cleric) and were joking that we should go evil because there were SO MANY evil clerics on. Finally we gave up and logged after 2 hours. I am sure it is not always this way, but I remember it because we were making a big deal about it. I keep seeing yall saying you don't have any clerics though, so I guess they just all happened to be on at once.

[This message has been edited by Vylare (edited 10-12-2001).]
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:45 pm

Gee and here I stowed my cleric because no one ever wants to zone anymore it seems. What a world we have here.

I still think evils dwindling is because of treatment of players. Just me based on limited examples of this very thing making people quit evils or leave sojourn altogether.
You can't be a dick to everyone and expect them to keep hanging around.
Goods can get away with it sometimes because they have a solid core group, and have plenty of others to recruit from.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Oct 13, 2001 1:44 am

Rofl, treatment of evils by other evils? What the hell are you talking about? I have yet to see ANY evil doing anything but helping other evils. Don't make up random stuff.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”