Calling all Evils!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Grintor
Sojourner

Calling all Evils!

Postby Grintor » Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:42 am

Ok folks lets try something!

this coming sunday (10/21) at 11am pst let's organize and do Southern Forest. This is a zone that literally would strke fear into the hearts of players who did it and it hasnt been done in a while.

What we'll need:
1 - leader who's done it before (sok, vassyr, cherzra, jegzed)
4-5 Warriors with good rescuing ability
1-2 enchanters, one with dscales preferred
2-3 clerics, one with ress at least
2-3 invokers
1-2 illusionist
1-2 rogues
1-2 necros with globing wraiths

I think it would be preferable to have folks who have done the zone and remember it there, but anyone will be welcome. Please post here if you can make it.

Southern Forest - used to have the best non proc one hander in the game, 3d5 +5+5. whole zone was nerfed back during toril, some say because todd and crew mined it a lot but that's uncomfirmed. It hasnt been done since that I know of, and from what I hear the sword has had a major upgrade recently. The armor was also top notch and there used to be some ac? +1dam +9con leggings as well as other goodies there.

The fights were rough. the first few rooms were littered with aggro mobs, many of them casters (had area silence) but bashable by barbs. There were wraith fights that were done with area silence and warriors only.

I dont know how much of that has changed now that the game is so drastically different, but i'm positive fun will be had by all (guaranteed at least 10 corpses of targsk)

Grin
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Oct 15, 2001 7:39 am

I've never lead SF -heck I've only been there once-, but even if nobody else who has happens to be on we can always try!

Would be fun to see that much people on anyway, that's been over a month too Image
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:25 am

almost forgot we need a squid too! as it's a daylight zone.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:59 am

Folur & Company made an attempt on South Forest a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the evil mud crasher that Blung identified struck us as we were finishing up the last room (i.e. finally gearing up for a run at the eq mobs).

Anyways, good luck with that place. My condolences to your lurer.

Corth
Vassyr
Sojourner

Postby Vassyr » Mon Oct 15, 2001 12:28 pm

Count me in.

Lets shoot for starting around 2pm EST.

Vassyr
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Oct 15, 2001 1:33 pm

Im a lvl 27 duergar cleric, i'f you need me i'd be happy to come along.. I need a more definate time tho preferably in the evening beings how it's hard for me to get online during the day...

I'll keep checking here to see whats up..
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Mon Oct 15, 2001 2:52 pm

Ya never listed Conjurer or Battlechanter in your list? want either of them along? Been there back in the old days an it was a blast would love to go again.

Thranokazer/Thrankon/Thranvok
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:24 pm

We'll need you to lure wraiths, thran, with pets. Image

Diac group-says 'grintor go up tag 1.wraith'

*shudder*
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:27 pm

One more thing..

Even though we can take only 15 people themore that make an appearance the better. There will be deaths. Dont expect to not die at least 2-3 times depending on the group mix. I can see us ferrying folks back and forth as people drop off, and it would be nice to have the moral support of the evil community Image

All items will be bid, not handed out, so everyone has a chance at something.

2pm PST. Image
Tanolm
Sojourner

Postby Tanolm » Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:53 pm

delete my post plz

[This message has been edited by Tanolm (edited 10-15-2001).]
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:26 pm

SF! Long overdue for an EQ upgrade. SF is the great pre-Scorps example of a zonemaker saying, "Hm, I want to make this encounter really hard, what should I do? I know! I'll take no-bash golems, word-of-recalling wraith casters, max-level anti-paladins, and dozens (literally) of bashing undead... and then I'll throw them all into the same room!" Seriously, the only thing missing is an instant death proc.

If there ever was a zone that will be affected by the new mob area-nuke save, SF is it. Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Mplor (edited 10-15-2001).]
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:05 pm

hrmmm........sounds fun
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
<B>SF! Long overdue for an EQ upgrade. SF is the great pre-Scorps example of a zonemaker saying...
*CLIP*
...Seriously, the only thing missing is an instant death proc.

If there ever was a zone that will be affected by the new mob area-nuke save, SF is it. Enjoy!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also one of the best places to follow a monk named Mplor, as he knows the place very well and has done a few of those lures/pulls himself.
Hmm should I bid of the 2/1 boots or the -5 svbreath/svmagic earring?!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:48 am

I can't agree more with Mplor that SF is due for an eq upgrade. Its a shame that SF has not been done in such a long time. There are definately some fun fights there.

People always want new zones to be written. The way I see it, if you upgrade the eq in a zone like SF, its the equivalent of adding a new zone to the mud. Currently it just sits there unused.

BTW, Grintor, great idea. Mebbe someone should schedule a goodie run at SF also and see which side can complete it quicker and with fewer deaths Image

Corth
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:37 am

Even though i started this, i personally wont be there.

After having my enchanter go from 22% into 43 on sunday to losing over a full elvel of unrecoverable xp to now 18% into 42 has taken the fun out of the game completely.

Later

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 10-17-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:44 am

Another evil less.

How many of us left now?
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:59 pm

hmm another one bytes the dust &song&
just relax slutty can solo t-pet show me the way
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:02 pm

I'm assuming it was a good-raced enchanter. Evils almost always have a lich and several necros around to permanently pres any corpse that happens to arise, and plenty of people willing to help get it to dk. Even without any ressers ever on, almost every death is ress'd. Stay with the dark side.

-Todrael
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:47 pm

heh check sf before you whine about upgrades wussies.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:43 pm

She's an evil race enchanter.
Just as I'm a troll.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:08 pm

sweet. i will show up. but here wat is better for sf
2 cleric
2 shaman
1 conj
squid
1 ench
&
2 lich
3 invoker
3 big warriors
or
2 lich
2 invoker
4 warriors
or
1 lich
3 invoker
4 warriors

i like more healing. gheal gonna save alot of folks from wandering mobs. u need conj for mental lures. 1 enchanter is enuf for now. area damage is gonna be funny.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:47 pm

er.. i thought it was saturday, but it's sunday can't do it. have church sorry. cherzra wanna lead mansc saturday?
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:33 am

heh, hate to burst your bubble, but liches suck in sf. It is all undead and as such, all the good spells do jack. Sort of ironic that the class that masters the undead has no way of fighting them or controlling them.

Tanras
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Oct 19, 2001 2:30 am

SF....black dragonscale leggings were eh ac7 +1 dam +9 con prot acid...in case you were wondering.

Actually best thing for SF would be

4 warriors, the more rescues, the better
2 invokers or 1 invoker/1 psionicist, duh...damage
2 enchanters, one at least with dscales, major para and globe both gonna help out tremendously too
2 clerics, one or both ressers (hopefully both cause we gonna die a LOT :P) turn undead also rocks *cough*
1 shaman for gheals, stuns
1 rogue (if rescues fail, there's always the double backstab! :P)
1 conjurer (yes, i said conjurer)
1 necro/lich for globes/hastes/tanks
1 illusionist, for all the many reasons we've all come to love them so much!

1 battlechanter in place of illusionist if need be.

and most of all, we're going to need:

15 full sets of devotedly utter patience....cause it's gonna be slow, and even with 4 warriors no way we gonna be able to get all the rescues in considering there's several hundred mobs in that zone.

15 people who are going to get along and not bitch fight and argue the whole group about something another and cause distractions for the rest of us.

And that, is Southern Forest zone summary.

[primary weapon] a glimmering mithril bastardsword
[secondary weapon] a claw of Rughnark with mithril blades

[This message has been edited by Yasden (edited 10-18-2001).]
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Oct 19, 2001 3:50 am

holy crap i forgot about the claw.

i'll still be there, provided no one asks me to play enchanter
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Oct 19, 2001 7:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
er.. i thought it was saturday, but it's sunday can't do it. have church sorry. cherzra wanna lead mansc saturday? </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd lead it every day if people were on Image If there are 20 high ppl on saturday 1pm maybe we can...
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:54 pm

well so much for that.

enough evils on, no one wants to do it.

that's just fucking sad. we had a leader who knew the zone on too
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
<B>well so much for that.

enough evils on, no one wants to do it.

that's just fucking sad. we had a leader who knew the zone on too</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be the fact that we had been zoning for 2 hours+ and was in the middle of one when you sent a tell.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Oct 21, 2001 7:05 pm

then a reply when i asked you if we doing sf would have been in order, instead of the silence and my having to read your response here.

you all can still do it. vassyr can lead it he knows the zone. i'm joinin cherzra on the other side :P
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sun Oct 21, 2001 7:27 pm

I thought that everybody had agreed to do or attempt to do SF this evening, because of ppl's schedules?

Getting upset because ppl are tired atm and not wanting to do a specific zone on demand is not a reason to get your panties in a bunch..

chill

Baikalisan

------------------
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Oct 21, 2001 7:33 pm

*excerpt from icq*

i tried to convince him to do sf but yssilk pops off with "sf easily a 5 hour zone" and i said no it's not if you know what you're doing then he says "we need real warriors for sf" and i got pissed off cause that's an insult to my abilities

*end excerpt*

basically they didnt want to do it. that's fine i can understand that. but saying i sent you a tell while you were zoning when there was a point, between zones about a 10 minute window when you debated it and decided to not do it was the truth, and that at least is what you could have said, instead of nothing at all. i can understand that reasoning, not that i agree with it.

flame me if you wish, but cherzra is right evils are dead Image

except for urz's crew. you go boy!

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 10-21-2001).]
Frobakhal
Sojourner

Postby Frobakhal » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:22 am

Maybe what he meant by real warriors is a bunch of level 50 warriors instead of a handful of 40+? If I were gonna do one of the hardest zones in the mud, I'd want to be supported with a bunch of high level players mostly in their 50's. Lately I haven't seen to many 50 warriors since I've been playing.

I doubt he meant to intentionally flame you of your capabilities, perhaps all the excitement raised by the potential of doing the zone is just that excitement...realistically perhaps we're not ready for sf at least until we got more 50's. *shrug*

Just my two cents.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”