Clerics and Group Heal? ....

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Jezlic
Sojourner

Clerics and Group Heal? ....

Postby Jezlic » Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:07 pm

I guess this thread really belongs here...
I originally posted in General Disc.

Ok, here is something that baffles me.
Cleric's the supreme healing powerhouse, in
any version of any mud, does not get a group healing spell? Does this seem wrong to some of you?

I mean you don't have to give them a super powerful, full group heal, maybe a mass cure critic. Anyways, anyone care to throw in there comments in regards to this?

------------------
Jezlic "follower of Lloth"
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:37 pm

In Rolemaster, clerics aren't the healing powerhouses, that's reserved for healers or lay healers.

Yayaril
Jezlic
Sojourner

Postby Jezlic » Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:57 pm

By, clerics I mean Priests as well, as there is not a priest class in sojourn. Clerics do fail under the same class as priest here I assume, priest/cleric/bishop/cardinal/healer, all the same..

------------------
Jezlic "follower of Lloth"
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Nov 07, 2001 9:46 pm

clerics really dont need a group heal spell. zoning they are more concerned with healing the tank, or anyone tanking, in one big shot. a weak gheal doesnt do much in padashaw room.

it makes more sense, per rylan's suggestion, that clerics be givin an 800+hp healing spell at 9th or even 10th, since tanks need about 1200 hp to tank and that's 3-4 fh's.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed Nov 07, 2001 10:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
<B>clerics really dont need a group heal spell. zoning they are more concerned with healing the tank, or anyone tanking, in one big shot. a weak gheal doesnt do much in padashaw room.

it makes more sense, per rylan's suggestion, that clerics be givin an 800+hp healing spell at 9th or even 10th, since tanks need about 1200 hp to tank and that's 3-4 fh's.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I concur with giving cleris an even more powerful healing spell.

I also agree that Shamans Gheal needs to be tweaked further as well, more likely needing a faster casting time. Someone mentioned 3*s with failed qc or something.

I'd suggest an uppage of healing for Bards, but they are still under construction, and since I don't know where they are taking them, commenting for suggestions on them appears pointless to me now.

There is one question I have for the Shamans, what spells compete with Gheal for that slot? I'm uncertain even which circle the spell is.

Caedym Shadowhock -Nightmare Bard of Doom- (Half-Drow)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Nov 07, 2001 10:34 pm

I should note that someone else first posted the idea for a 'miracle' type spell, dornax I think. Just want to give the proper credit for adopting the idea Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:16 pm

Good idea, except instead of the name 'Miracle' it should be called 'Healmore'

Yayaril
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:51 pm

rofl.. I'm having flashbacks to Dragon Warrior :P
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Thu Nov 08, 2001 3:50 am

As a cleric i think that gheal wouldn't work for us in everyday situations.. Leave that to the Shamans.

I am for considering another healing spell in a higher circle tho. Possibly give it in a 9th circle spell slot .. You have revive and plane shift there already, and how often do you cast either of those to have more than 1 mem'd at a time.. Im not talking about something that heals insane ammounts of hit points.. but maybe a full heal and a half .... Maybe even make it another questable spell..

something to ponder anyways

Baikalisan

------------------
Garad
Sojourner

Postby Garad » Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:06 am

I dont even have one spell memmed from 9th circle at all.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Nov 08, 2001 3:58 pm

Group heal shares a circle with Control Weather and Spirit Walk, a quest spell.

Sylvos
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jezlic:
By, clerics I mean Priests as well, as there is not a priest class in sojourn. Clerics do fail under the same class as priest here I assume, priest/cleric/bishop/cardinal/healer, all the same..</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um dude... have you read the helpfiles? Priest classes are cleric, druid, shaman.

Rylan, plz see my idea for a "critical heal" in the mirror thread (I saw that one first). Thanks =)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caedym:
<B> I also agree that Shamans Gheal needs to be tweaked further as well, more likely needing a faster casting time. Someone mentioned 3*s with failed qc or something.
There is one question I have for the Shamans, what spells compete with Gheal for that slot? I'm uncertain even which circle the spell is.

Caedym Shadowhock -Nightmare Bard of Doom- (Half-Drow)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

None, in my recollection; the only other spell in the slot was control weather or something. Of course it's been a while since I tried playing sham, and some spells got shuffled around, but I think it was left as the only useful spell in its circle... unless Spiritwalk etc are there.

And I think gheal time was upped already... I recall reading that in a thread. It is now at least 5 or 6*, so 3* would be qc.

Bear in mind also that downgrading shamans might have a bigger effect on 3vils than it would on goodies... and you don't *really* want clerics being another area heal class competing with bards, do ya? Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”