Corpses in No Ground rooms....

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Corpses in No Ground rooms....

Postby Baikalisan » Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:32 pm

Ok why is it that when you drag a corpse into a room that has NO GROUND that the corpse does not fall all the way down to the next possible room with ground in it? Image

A friend of mine who shall remain nameless peti'd 'Ran into a bug with corpse dragging last night. My corpse has decided to ignore the laws of physics and float in a no ground room instead of falling down.''

One of the Gods who shall remain nameless replied: responds to your petition with 'for the sake of game play, corpses don't drop in no ground rooms''

Thats what somebody asked and was told..
Now, upon hearing this it makes me wonder.. How is corpse not falling down relative to game play? if i drug a corpse into a room with no floor in it i would fall down and so would the corpse...A corpse hovering in mid air instead of falling is not only improbable but it's unrealistic..

If you feel the urge to keep this in the game Please make it so that you cant drag corpses into !ground rooms period..

------------------
Vylare
Sojourner

Postby Vylare » Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:38 pm

When they said "for the sake of game play" I suspect they meant for the sake of playability. IOW corpses dropping in no ground rooms would be a huge pain. Lots of stuff that would be realistic is not in muds for the sake of playability. Like we eat and drink all the time, but never have to go to the bathroom. Thank the gods!
Personally, I like it just the way it is Image
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Nov 03, 2001 9:06 pm

There are no-ground rooms without a down exit. If corpses fall in no-ground rooms, you lose all of your eq and the corpse, permanently.

-Todrael

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 11-03-2001).]
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sun Nov 04, 2001 1:15 am

Point taken Tod...

Still think that there should be a way other than res out tho..

------------------
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Fri Nov 09, 2001 2:23 pm

I've learned it in the same hard way by dragging my corpse into a !ground room. The gods said to me that my corpse can stay where it is, or can "drop down and disappear because of heavy damage taken due to this fall". I've lost my corpse that day because prior to it I thought that my corpse will drop as well, but I got an interesting idea. The explanation under "floating" bit on corpse is simple - it'll sink in the water room otherwise because it is controlled by the same bit. I thought that making corpse !ress after falling from 15up all the way down is reasonable, but what about allowing corpses to fall 3-4 rooms down? Player can survive it, I think, why cannot a dead corpse? I think that it is a good idea that corpses that fall 4..5+ rooms are !ress, but allowing them to fall 2-3 rooms seems reasonable to me. Thats another question to the gods I think.

------------------
Ruagh The Curious Troll pokes his long nose into another non-of-his-business matter here
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Fri Nov 09, 2001 3:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vylare:
Like we eat and drink all the time, but never have to go to the bathroom. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to go #1.
You can't memorize any pells with your blatter bursting.
You abandon your studies.
<>stand
<>pee
The RDF Elite Guard yells 'STOP that urinating at once, you will be brought to the judge for this, next time use the restroom.'

u get *bonked*, u get fined Image

would be fun....for 20 secs Image)//fil
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Sat Nov 10, 2001 5:46 pm

Simple solution.

Let us drag corpses while levitating/flying. Or, if you don't want to allow that, at least allow us to drag corpses in a no-ground zone.

Realistic? Partially (I *definantly* would be able to "drag" a corpse down while levitating and *probobly* be able to drag it out of a no-ground zone).

But does that really matter considering corpses don't hover in space?

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning

[This message has been edited by Elseenas (edited 11-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Elseenas (edited 11-10-2001).]
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:24 am

I think that at least corpses must be allowed to drag up/down in !ground rooms. That seems logical. And allowing drag corpses in !ground zones in horizontal direction will be fine as well.
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:24 am

I think that at least corpses must be allowed to drag up/down in !ground rooms. That seems logical. And allowing drag corpses in !ground zones in horizontal direction will be fine as well.
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:14 pm

why not change drag corpses so it looks something follow and add command undrag. i in !ground and you undrag corpse all down, else ye can drag in all dirs ito all kinds of rooms (including while fly)... would look something like:

Bar room.
exits: -n
Corpse of FooTroll is here.
<>drag footroll
You now drag FooTroll.
<>l

Bar room.
exits: -n
Corpse of FooTroll is here, being dragged by you.
<>n
You drag the corpse of FooTroll north.

Bar room 2.
[etc]

mebbe some lill fix on fleeing would be needed, so ye just undrag if you flee. This would allow us to drag while foling the group leader too and that would be great.//fil
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:55 pm

I dont agree with being allowed to drag a corpse with lev/fly up.

Yeah it might solve this one problem but if you take a minute to think about it, it raises several more problems that are possibly alot worse than a corpse stuck in a room.

fly/lev with corpse should stay like it is.

somebody posted about letting the corpses fall 3 or 4 rooms and be safe at the bottom but any more than that you lose the corpse completly, woah i'd be mad if somebody drug my corpse and lost is :P where this is a decent idea i dont think it will work for the mud as a whole :P

im still thinking about this tho, maybe one day i'll come up with a solution Image till then i just gotta remember not to drag my corpse into a !ground room!!!

------------------
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">it raises several more problems that are possibly alot worse than a corpse stuck in a room.</font>

And these problems would be...?
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:28 pm

How you going to drag a corpse through a
!fly room or zone? would probly be the most noticible.

------------------
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:31 pm

ok that was a retard moment, but still dont think wise to add dragging to fly
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:46 pm

Why not allow levitate/fly to be cast on corpses? The corpse could become lighter then, allowing farther dragging, and possibly allowing smaller races to drag empty larger race corpses, as well as technically allowing these stranded corpses to be dragged out of the !ground rooms? You could always dispel the spell as well, to prevent future problems where !fly/!levitate rooms come up.

I never understood why this wasn't a feature in the first place. Don't we all really want to pull a Han-Solo-encased-in-carbonite-being-pushed-to-Boba-Fett's-ship-in-midair trick too?
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Nov 13, 2001 2:52 am

Baikalisan:

Why isn't it a good idea?

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:26 am

You can drag corpses from no ground rooms. I tried it in demi tower...removed my fly cloak spammed around i didnt fall...shrug theni drug corpse to eth plane...room yer dragging TO has to have ground is all.

enjoy
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:33 pm

Allowing cast of levi/fly on corpses seems like a very interesting idea to me. Maybe it is a better idea than allow dragging while flying or falling corpses

------------------
Ruagh The Curious Troll pokes his long nose into another none-of-his-business matter here

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”