Arena Input from an Invokers Standpoint

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Anaram
Sojourner

Arena Input from an Invokers Standpoint

Postby Anaram » Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:17 am

This is from an invokers standpoint only..

1) rogue damage is WAY to high in comparison to almost all other chars. Spell damage was reduced considerably, but I don't think enough consideration has been put into the rogues damage output (especially combined with other skills that make the impossible to find in the arena)

2) Power word stun's help file says it will keep a creature from fleeing. First, this is not true, second, what keeps the players from just getting up and walking out of the room during a spell cast. Even with quickchant being upped, most spells that do any kind of damage are still 3-5 stars in cast time.

3) Bring us back to full hp when we die in the arena, for alot of classes, there's no way we could go back in to the arena unless a friendly clerical type is there to give us a heal or two.

4) There is almost no way an invoker (as well as some other casting classes) could possibly win against a warrior type because of bash. I don't think I have seen a warrior miss a bash on me yet, and I have a rather high agi (which I have heard affects if you get bashed or not)

5) an Invoker with 500 hp against a warrior or cleric with over 1k hp (with vit or hp gear on) is not even a challange for the lader.

-Anaram
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Anaram:
<B>This is from an invokers standpoint only..
3) Bring us back to full hp when we die in the arena, for alot of classes, there's no way we could go back in to the arena unless a friendly clerical type is there to give us a heal or two.
-Anaram</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fairly sure this isn't a valid option, considering classes that can't heal themselves could just use it as a free healing station by entering when low on hps and exiting right away.

Twyl "What ya mean you know a way to heal full in 15 seconds?" Twinshadow
Anaram
Sojourner

Postby Anaram » Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tasan:
<B> Fairly sure this isn't a valid option, considering classes that can't heal themselves could just use it as a free healing station by entering when low on hps and exiting right away.

Twyl "What ya mean you know a way to heal full in 15 seconds?" Twinshadow</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then put us back to the same HP that we entered the arena with... *shrug*
Lig
Sojourner

Postby Lig » Fri Nov 23, 2001 10:02 am

You should just find a tank who will protect you... some classes just aren't good overall in arena, and some just excel in situations where you can flee and come back to a room over and over again. If this were a PK mud, you probably wouldn't want to PK alone either would you?

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”