low lvl elementalist feedback

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
izarek
Sojourner

low lvl elementalist feedback

Postby izarek » Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:49 am

A few questions/suggestions reguarding elementalists at low levels:

Was it intentional for them not to be able to specialize in summoning elementals/kin? Does that mean their pets are even weaker than before?

Should ice spear and air blast be tweaked to do a little more damage? Earth darts seems to be better than both.

I was thinking that it might be good to have an energy shield equivalent at 3rd circle. Maybe call it 'Earthen Mantle' or something. Stoneskin fits and a weaker sort of protection would do the class alot of good at low level.

And at high level you may want to consider putting in an 'earthquake' or 'rock to mud' equivalent for the class.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:32 am

Hm, I have compiled some interesting data on the elemental kin. Basically, they enable the mage to take on mobs about 2 levels above it, and win 99% of the time. This is, of course, provided you have the right type of kin, and you nuke like a madman.

They are by no means overpowered. It is interesting to see mobs with 4 hps tanking.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:19 am

99% of mage spells <20 are all the same with a different names. Including elementalists.

So no the damage shouldn't be more imo.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:34 pm

Most of your spells higher than the magic missile equivalent will seem weaker than the missiles while you're still lower level, but I've always heard that they do more damage as you level, eventually overtaking the multiple missile spell.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:52 pm

Okay, fine. Leave the offensive spells alone. I'd still like to see a 3rd circle armor equivalent, however.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Feb 05, 2002 11:56 pm

The multiple missile spells are intended to be that way, yes.

The other spells get better with level and skill, and will eventually overtake magic missile and it's compatriots.

A shield spell is a possibility, thinking about it Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”