proc or just ebony bug

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Grintor
Sojourner

proc or just ebony bug

Postby Grintor » Wed Jan 30, 2002 4:22 am

You deflect a drow archer's blow, and strike back at a drow archer!
You score a CRITICAL HIT!
emote licks the blood from her lips.
You slash a drow archer extremely hard.
A drow archer clambers to his feet.
bash
Your longsword glows dark and bites into a drow archer's neck.
A drow archer seems to be blinded!
Your longsword glows dark and bites into a drow archer's neck.

notice how it procs on both hits, but doesnt hit? is it just not echoing to me the slash but is slashing, or is it not slashing?

i've noticed this a lot since i got my hands on another ebony a few days ago.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:16 am

many weapons dont hit on proc...torins ebony etc etc....its a weapon by weapon problem with the proc code. garg has been working to fix them but it takes time and is annoying im sure for him to do. Lots of weapons dont let u assist if they proc on assist either....its just one of those things that is getting slowly ironed out...thank god the procs are all written the right way now!

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:24 am

also, some weapons will not be changed, to help balance out their effects.

all part of the master proc list.

lemmie know of the ones you find that are like that (not always evident from the code) and can check them out.

-Garg

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:15 am

mentioned it to you before Garg but wanted to expound.
Kirin horn proc eliminates physical contact for all initial attacks, thus successfull backstabs resulting in procs arent stabs, or stabs+procs but just procs.

Thus, any procs on initial blows fail to engage you in combat.

Sobu
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:33 am

ebony isnt one of those weapons, is it garg? i mean it's proc does no damage. (unless you wanna put in a damage proc on crit, that'd be cool)

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:54 am

I'm kinda re-evaluating blind weapons...

They are sickenly powerful, more powerful than I think you guys realize (or not, considering how many of you cast blind/use blind weapons)...

ebony is on my list, but not real high up. To be honest, I'm almost tempted to not change it, due to its ease of acquisition (hence why I proc'ed the mob that has it).

Ebony is still one of my favorite weapons, has been since I dualed them as Swords of Tormenting...but. We'll see. Ebony has one of the stronger blinds, so having it ditch an attack isn't in my eyes a bad thing. Let me think about it a bit.

-G

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:01 am

no no no dont change ebony!

it's weak in the dmage department, gcd does more damage and is a LOT EASIER TO GET

the ebony only has blind and !drop going for it.

and sides there are two more, far more powerful and NEW weapons in the game now that blind+wither or blind+scarelet outline. they do insane damage compared to ebony.

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 01-31-2002).]

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:36 am

yes, however, on those new blind weapons, the duration is quite short. (and, they are 2h weapons, where as ebony is 1h, and have bits as to what aligns they will proc for)

I am aware that the dice are low on ebony, is why I've made no changes to it. Its not broken per'se, its just on the list.

I'm perfectly happy leaving it as it is, but, we'll see.

-G

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:19 pm

er how short a duration?

me and gura do smoke. just two of us. his sword proc blind round 2. fight is pretty long since it just an enchanter doing damage. mob never switches again.

blind may be shorter than ebony, but it's long enough for any fight.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:43 pm

does everyone wield ebony? yes...give people their slashes on proc dont mess with dice please.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:12 pm

Grintor, I do mephits lots, and never do I blind them, and 'rarely' do they switch anyway. That's not a great argument for the weapon. There really isn't a good way to tell.

Glorishan
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:47 pm

rarely switch for you?

enchanter+gura they switch on me every two rounds until his myth drannor sword procs blind, then we ok rest of fight.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:39 am

GCD is not a blinding weapon regardless of that stupid proc that never fires and even more rarely lands. its a terrible comparison to ebony.

Ebony is a superior weapon doesnt do much dam. The blind procs often enough and is important enough that most warriors primary it over other 1hdrs that do significantly more damage. I don't know what it would take before most warriors would switch it out for a dam weapon (especially in zone), it would take something like windsong before i would.

Its funny how the eq from a mob pretty deep in CC is now considered "easy to get"

ebony blind is short, in 2 man smoke if you blind early on its going to fade, same thing with ship mobs. i dont know but id suspect its longer or at least as long as cleric blind which is sick imo.

smoke mobs switch alot... at least 1 every 5 rounds if there is a caster in the room. if this is rarely, id like to see how you define often.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:35 am

Ebony blind lasts as long as a 50th lvl blind...5 minutes or so.

*shrug* it's pretty damn powerful considering how *easy* it is to get...and yes it is easy considering where Dranum is located in CC.

It's a utility weapon, not a damaging weapon. Always has been, always will be. Image
If *anything* damage needs to be done to it, make it 2d8 3/3 *shrug*.

Anyway that's all I have to say about it...
btw Garg, change the name on it back to sword of tormenting. Why was it ever changed to begin with? The original name/ansi on it were much better than the boring black/50 millionth ebony sword name it is now.

<primary weapon> (&+W)a (&+r)sword (&+w)of (&+L)t(&+g)o(&+L)r(&+g)m(&+L)e(&+g)n(&+L)t(&+g)i(&+L)n(&+g)g

*nog me*

I would love you forever gargie...*flutter*
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:10 pm

Menlove is a good thing targsk look me up when im not wankin

/Klurg
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:27 pm

Cyric is the only one who changes items I think... and he doesn't read these boards AFAIK. Been hard to reach him the past months too.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”