Minor Irritants that would be nice to have fixed.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Minor Irritants that would be nice to have fixed.

Postby Jegzed » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:54 am

* A message when there is no mob of that name, when you try to "kill xxx".

* Please show the exp-bar when we type "exp", and not the skills listing.

* Make prioritise work when memming.

* Remove targets consent when shifting, just make it work like relocate or shadow walk for targeting purposes.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
[B
* Make prioritise work when memming.
[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were told this wasn't possible, but could it be possible to put in a command to stop memorizing, in the interests of re-prioritizing spells?

i.e. Breakmem/BreakPray, prio vigorize light, mem

*nod me*

Sylvos
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:42 pm

Isn't that called standing up?
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:35 pm

make a "rest;prio <spell>;mem" key or alias. it works just fine and you can even prioritize spells in the order you want them memmed with it. Just play around, it works damn nicely. Image
Rivan
Sojourner

Postby Rivan » Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Isn't that called standing up?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once i'm on my butt, I don't want to have to stand or change position to abort my memming for prioritize either. I often get into situations where I'm already memming and someone calls out "quick cast a XXX". I then have to type stand, pri (whatever), rest, mem, med again.

I like Sylvos's idea.

Besides, rogues shouldn't be allowed to post on memorization topics *tease Ashiwi*.

Rivan
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:42 pm

Nods.. a 'breakmem' or 'breakpray' command would be nice, since I don't think its worth it to try to tackle the nasty memorizing code to make it switch spells while counting down mem timers and keeping track of spells.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:59 am

breakmem or breakpray? smirk wussies.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:01 am

Hey, I never use prio :P Just tossed an alternative out to the fiddling with spells while they are being memmed. Image

Just a sec, let me prioritize this call lightning, we might need area laughter!

Sylvos
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:38 am

My problem is that you need to actually start meming in order to put a new spell on the list.

Say, for instance, that I have 200 seconds worth of spells to mem and I urgently need to mem a "mislead" but its not in my que or in my already mem'd spells list. What I need to do at that point is:

rest
mem mislead
stand
prior mislead
rest
mem.

Considering the urgency of the situation, I'd probably be better off typing:

forget all
rest
mem mislead

But then later on I would have to add all those spells that i chucked off my mem que back. I think it would be more efficient if i could add a spell to my mem list while standing. it would cut the commands to:

mem mislead
prior mislead
rest
mem

As far as a "breakmem" command, I think it could be useful. It essentially would eliminate one command. When you stand to break mem, you now have to stand, prior,sit,mem. With a breakmem it would be breakmem,prior,mem.

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 02-14-2002).]
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:25 am

Jaznolg - "* Remove targets consent when shifting, just make it work like relocate or shadow walk for targeting purposes."

Immortals, please, have mercy, fix this, it drives me up the freaking wall, day in day out, it's the most irritating (by far) problem I've encountered here Image.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:06 pm

Yah consenting is annoying specially when your the squid waiting for it...
But in actuality i dont wanna be sitting in a room and have somebody just pop in and shift me somplace i dont want to go.. or if im afk .... *shiver* imagine the possibilities!

What about when your in a group situation you add a command that the leader only can do.. something along the lines of, group consent so-n-so?
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:27 pm

My list of annoyances:

- Make ACC and OOC and WHO work while scribing. I decree scribing to be the most wasteful and also most boring time I have ever spent playing a 'game'. At least let us do something while we're scribing if you must have it take so damned long.

- Prioritize is cool. I second the notion that it should be made to work during memming. If the memorizing code is so flaky that it can't work, then perhaps the memming code should be looked at anyways.

- Make it so horses and other mounts are actually worth using for movement. By this I mean make it so a horse can travel further with a rider than the rider could by themself.

Ghimok/Dranthar/Ruld
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:34 pm

Make the 'mount', 'swimming', and 'bandage' skills actually mean something?

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”