Trophy

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Trophy

Postby Corth » Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:29 pm

As I understand it, trophy was originally implemented a few years ago in order to encourage people to see more of the mud while exp'ing rather than just stay in one place for weeks. Let me just state first that I think this is a good purpose.

So what has happened since then? Exp zones have been put in that are made in such a way to allow people to exp there perpetually without running into a trophy problem.

Smoke plane is the best example. You basically have two different exp mobs in the zone, but they are each given a different mob #, so you can kill them all day and not get trophied. Other examples that come to mind are the pirate ship, and to an extent, the black wizards on shaes.

My feeling is that trophy should be removed and other types of incentives should be added to make people get exp in unorthodox places. Since it is now much easier to see how much exp you get from each kill then it was when trophy was put in, I think this idea would be more practical. Possible locations would be the albino ogres in tf, the trolls in jot, perhaps some stuff in gc... etc.

Corth
Hatan
Sojourner

Postby Hatan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:35 pm

I second that.

Was thinking the same thing... Even if you getting plevelled from level 10 to level 40 doing ship your ship trophy won't be THAT bad (ok maybe a 20% or so but still not that big) and we talking about getting 30 level at the same place....

So either you re-think the way it should work/modify the exp or just remove it..currently it's just worthless
Rivan
Sojourner

Postby Rivan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:41 pm

I'll agree too.

The parts of sojourn that I find the most interesting are the zones and the exploration of NON-XP areas. I'd rather xp enough to secure my level a bit and then go explore areas than be forced to go exploring because of a trophy list.

I've xp'd to level 47 in probably 4 or 5 different areas regularly for multiple reasons - never once was trophy one of them. I do it for variety or because the other place is "full". Only 2 groups can really fit on ship at once, one group in tower, and 2 in smoke. That's including goodies and evils. In a boot of 30+ hours I may have no choice but to find a new place to xp anyway. All my trophy list is doing is requiring me to kill 10 mobs instead of 8, not making me wander around.

Rivan
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Mon Feb 11, 2002 10:21 pm

muahahahaha

So who wants to exp in Nizari?

"Go to bed Bob"
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:04 pm

More people should go to blip.. its a damned cool place, and the xp rules Image
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:59 pm

Corth, you haven't been exp'ing on Smoke long enough if you haven't gotten trophied on them yet! I have every air mental on my trophy now, feh!

Glorishan
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:07 am

I agree that trophy isn't working like it was intended!

Kill statistics for Nokie
Exp % Name
64.7 a stray tomcat
12.0 a small myconid
2.1 an owl

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nokie:
<B>I agree that trophy isn't working like it was intended!

Kill statistics for Nokie
Exp % Name
64.7 a stray tomcat
12.0 a small myconid
2.1 an owl

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only reason that navy seamen aren't like 75% of Nokie's trophy is that his bandage skill is of super-human status, therefore they never die. Rather they are kept alive for months at a time by Nokie's stellar bandaging abilities, and never allowed to die. An unfortunate side effect of this happens to be that they lay there mortally wounded for months on end, writhing in unfathomable pain. Oh well, anyways. Did you happen to see that flock of seagulls fly by? Quite a lot of them.

Ghimok
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:46 pm

Feh, I almost did demi xp one day... group talked me out of it. I would love to see bonuses for off-the-wall zones' exp.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:07 pm

I'd love to see trophy removed. It's a huge pain that the only xp zones for pallys at high lvl are Ship/Tower/Shaes.. Especially after the "Jot grid shouldn't be an xp zone" proclamation.
(I haven't been to Blip yet but heard it was pretty good.)

E
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:10 pm

Hi everyone!
As far as I know there is no trophy. At least The way trophy works does not deter anyone from doing exp in the same place. My levels 35-50+ all came from WD elites. You can get level 50 doing walls and lighthouse.
For paladin you can get level 20-50 all in tower, trophy matters very little it any at all that i've notice.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thruar:
<B>Hi everyone!
As far as I know there is no trophy. At least The way trophy works does not deter anyone from doing exp in the same place. My levels 35-50+ all came from WD elites. You can get level 50 doing walls and lighthouse.
For paladin you can get level 20-50 all in tower, trophy matters very little it any at all that i've notice.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try getting to from 23 to 24 on Buffs and tell me trophy makes no difference Image
It may not make much to powerMUD'ers, but for people like me that don't have the time to learn the ins and outs of the game, or don't have uber friends, trophy really is a bitch.
I haven't formed an opinion on it yet myself, but I do have mixed feelings, I like it and I don't.
I think it's more of a hassle for newer players tho

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:10 pm

rofl. folur is too uber.

Taegost the point is to keep plugging away... often the perception of trophy is more deterrent than actual trophy!

Blip 0wns j00! Too bad most druid nukes are fire-based and the whole zone is indoors Image
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>rofl. folur is too uber.

Taegost the point is to keep plugging away... often the perception of trophy is more deterrent than actual trophy!

Blip 0wns j00! Too bad most druid nukes are fire-based and the whole zone is indoors Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, I learned that last night after a failed EM run, and then to monastary, where I got 6% xp from 2 hours there....
At least from the buffs, I get 2% every 3-4 now Image
When I first got 23 and started doing them, I'd get like, 4-8%/kill, but hey, since I can't get any decent groups with my limited schedule, I guess it's the best.
Even tho, I think I actually get better xp on BGR, since my individual trophy isn't as high as buffs Image

------------------
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:44 pm

For those classes that get good xp off of damage, they don't notice trophy doing much. But for those who get the majority of xp off of kills (cleric, enchanter) we notice trophy's effect, since it seems to reduce kill xp and not damage xp.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:13 pm

Have to agree with Folur on this one, I've never noticed it really affecting where I xp 1 bit.
Think I had elites up at 12% one time at peek, but basically it's never been a problem.
Simple way to cure trophy problems is do things like MS wizzies, there's like 5 different ones there, or reavers, I think all 4 are different.
Even the dockmasters are different.
High sorc tower is a great place to change up a trophy too, there are so many places to xp it's funny to me that people still find it hard to come by.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gindipple:
<B>Have to agree with Folur on this one, I've never noticed it really affecting where I xp 1 bit.
Think I had elites up at 12% one time at peek, but basically it's never been a problem.
Simple way to cure trophy problems is do things like MS wizzies, there's like 5 different ones there, or reavers, I think all 4 are different.
Even the dockmasters are different.
High sorc tower is a great place to change up a trophy too, there are so many places to xp it's funny to me that people still find it hard to come by.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, there are a million different places for high levels to xp, but what about low-levels? Ones that start in WD?
All I ever see people doing are buffs and BGR, occasionally nightfall.
Where are the decent places for 20-30? Without having mad groupage?
I also noticed another thing yesterday. I was out with a group, a 35 cleric, me, a ranger at my level, a 11 warrior, and a 4 ranger.
In 3 hours, the ranger gained one level.
After hour 2, the cleric left, and we went to do buffs.
Now, I've taken a level 4 enchanter, just the two of us, to buffs, and got them up to level 8 in about 30-45 minutes, yet after 3 hours, that ranger had gained 1 level.
And it wasn't until 2 of the group members left that he actually GOT the level.
When was this tweaked? It wasn't like that about 2 months ago, when I'd take 8 people, all < 10, and they'd be at LEAST level 11 in about an hour and a half?

------------------
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:12 pm

You need to keep in mind if you are high level and the rest of group members are all low level that you are going to get the bulk of the exp, as it should be.

With that in mind my favorite way to exp as a higher level ench is to get a much lower level tank and healer and do something bigger than I could solo. I get the bulk of the exp and they get more than they would if soloing or in groups their level. I have used this tactic over and over with great success. Everybody wins in that example.

As far as powerleveling newbies, I only reccomend it just enough to teach them the basics, not jump them up to level 20. They will be alot better off if they gain those important low levels amongst friends that they'll be grouping with later in their range.

As for places to exp in them mid levels, there are gobs of places, BG is loaded with mobs in that range, Havenport, IC and yes WD.
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:21 pm

I had a question about exp and I figured I could ask it here instead of starting a new thread.

Fairly often I see exp grids mentioned.
What are these?
Today they were mentioned in the news, that solo exp grids should be more desireable and make it easier for low levels to exp.

But what are these? Image

Thanks in advance.

/lalisa
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:43 pm

The EXP grids were worthless because all the mobs were CLASSLESS meaning they gave 100 exp per level of mob. Sucks huh? Image

Be interesting to see if classes were added, have to check it out.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gindipple:
<B>You need to keep in mind if you are high level and the rest of group members are all low level that you are going to get the bulk of the exp, as it should be.

With that in mind my favorite way to exp as a higher level ench is to get a much lower level tank and healer and do something bigger than I could solo. I get the bulk of the exp and they get more than they would if soloing or in groups their level. I have used this tactic over and over with great success. Everybody wins in that example.

As far as powerleveling newbies, I only reccomend it just enough to teach them the basics, not jump them up to level 20. They will be alot better off if they gain those important low levels amongst friends that they'll be grouping with later in their range.

As for places to exp in them mid levels, there are gobs of places, BG is loaded with mobs in that range, Havenport, IC and yes WD.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know about the higher levs soaking the xp, but in 3 hours, I got 10% xp, from mobs that give me 2% every two or three kills, and it takes me about 2 mins/kill on average.
Hehe, and I only take them to about 11 or 16 if they're casters, 13-14 for meat shields, just so they can be useful in other groups.
And at the rate I'm going, everyone I've helped has surpassed me.
I 'member when Mori was lower level then me, and I remember grouping with Zazure when she was level 8 in IC Image

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:00 pm

Taegost,

Look for me when on, if I'm not doing something crazy, I'll bring my warrior or thief on, and get ya some exp's.

Toplack aka Quapla aka Toplie
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Taegost,

Look for me when on, if I'm not doing something crazy, I'll bring my warrior or thief on, and get ya some exp's.

Toplack aka Quapla aka Toplie</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, why thank you Image
<sigh>
I'm so behind on the times, I've been playing since '95, up until Soj2 went down, I played religiously.
I was always looked up to, even as a lowbie, because I usually did exactly what Moritheil is doing now, but there were fewer zones, so all the newbies thought I was God...
Now with Soj3, I don't have as much time to play (OMG, I have a real job...Whoa! Getting old sux!) and I've lost my knack for exploring, and not getting killed...
so I'm kinda stuck in a rut, don't play too often, so I don't learn/level as quickly, which never used to be a problem, but with all the advances with the MUD today, it's discouraging.
I actually started to lose interest in the MUD, which is a BAD thing, 'cuz I love it to death, so I sat down and thought about it one day as I was smiting in Hell mode on Diablo II, why it was that I was losing interest...
It's because I don't do anything interesting!
At first it was because I had so little time, I just helped lowbies level, which was great, and I love doing it, but when I started getting bored with it and trying to explore, I came across the one serious drawback to Druids:
Lack of Nature rooms.
But it's not really a lack, because I know there are tons. It's just a lack of them where I was going, and some of the places, for me to get somewhere interesting, I got spanked on the way there. (I never knew Gnolls could kill a level 22 Druid so easily... Hehe)
So, I'm trying to do one of two things:
A) Find interesting places to go, things to do (I'm also thinking about collecting stuff)
B) Get up to at LEAST level 26, so I can feel like I accomplished something, and have some spells that are useful outside of nature rooms Image
Well, I guess I should stop this "Woe-Is-Me" crap hehe Image
I originally only posted on here to show the difference between power players, and part-timers like me, because the MUD really IS a lot harder for lower chars, who don't know much (Even if they used to)
Anyhoo
/rant

If I start again, somebody slap me Image

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:18 pm

1. It is really a lack. You're not imagining things.

2. If you can get 26, you'll jump to 36 in no time.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:26 pm

<B>Simple way to cure trophy problems is do things like MS wizzies, there's like 5 different ones there, or reavers, I think all 4 are different.
Even the dockmasters are different.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So to bring this back on-topic, if exp areas are being setup with the express purpose of undermining the trophy system, why not just get rid of trophy?

Corth
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:56 pm

If a tree falls in the woods and it doesn't really exist, does it make a sound?
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 7:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>1. It is really a lack. You're not imagining things.

2. If you can get 26, you'll jump to 36 in no time.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, I know, that's why I'm struggling with it right now, yesterday I said "To hell with it" and went all out...
Or I thought I did...
That's why I asked you, normally I don't ask for something specific like that, it's usually just "Hey, mind if I tag along?" not "Heyyyy, can you help me do <this> and/or <this>"
Hehe, it's usually a sign I"m getting desperate Image
That's when I discovered the xp nerf, and I couldn't believe it.
It's not that I wasn't getting any, after the first hour I was resigned to it, but I wanted to help out the lowbies with me, and I was shocked to see only a jump from 4-5 in 3 hours of playing, it was obscene!
But anyhoo, I'm just gonna keep plugging away, even if my buffs get to about 50%, I'm gonna get 26 dammit!! Image

------------------
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>The EXP grids were worthless because all the mobs were CLASSLESS meaning they gave 100 exp per level of mob. Sucks huh? Image

Be interesting to see if classes were added, have to check it out.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see, but what are they?
Are they special zones? Where are they? How does one find them (exploring?)?

/lalisa
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:48 pm

The XP grids are small square zones that contain a diverse array of mobs ranging from around level10 to level45/50 I believe the range is.

These mobs aren't classed, so you can fight them safely. They won't track, they won't bash, kick, cast, switch or anything. They do have memory so if you flee from one and walk back in they'll jump you, but that's really about the only danger of them.

Due to the way XP is awarded though, fighting mobs that are not classed resulted in dramatically less experience than you'd receive for a mob of similar level. Thus while you could fight a mob 6 levels higher than you in the XP grid, you were only recieving experience similar to one that is possibly 1 or 2 levels worse than you. These numbers are generic, and are in no way manner or form resulting from solid testing.

Recently posted in the news however is a boost in the XP awarded by some of these mobs. My wife and I took our alts out to a nearby grid last night (sub 20 characters) and we were slaying mobs safely, and averaging 1 notch per kill for me (lvl16 cleric) and one notch per two or three kills for her (lvl19 enchanter).

The grids are spread around the mud, generally near some decently traveled areas. There are several around the waterdeep area, several up north, and even some on Evermeet. You can identify the grids by the universal names and descriptions on the rooms, like A dense dark forest of Lost in a Hill Covered Wilderness. If you are solo'ing, want a change in scenery and want very low-risk xp, go find a grid and give it a shot.

Sylvos
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:39 pm

Thank you Image Precicely what I needed to know.

/Lalisa
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:14 am

Havenport is a really good example of this. I'd say its about 50/50 classed/nonclassed. I killed tons of calimshan traders because they conned "Are you mad??" until I realized the devious thieves that conned easy were worth more xp.

E
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:42 am

Goodies Don't go to IC anymore from 20-30 ???

BG ???
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:05 am

news of a couple days ago reported that classless mobs will give significacnt more exp.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
news of a couple days ago reported that classless mobs will give significacnt more exp.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do, I was down to about 2% every 3-4 buffs, now I'm at 2%/kill again, even with a trophy at like, 12 or 13% Image

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:24 pm

It's gonna take me forever to get my align somewhere near neutral from spending so much time in IC at lower levels...

Toplack (when I'm good, I'm good, then I'm neutral, I'll be better) Frostbear
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:26 am

I once rolled a level 1 shammer and someone offered to help me xp by killing buffs. The xp was great, I think it's maxed a like 20% per kill. Anyway, all was fine until I hit level 6, which is when I believe the trophy kicks in.

After the first buffalo, I still got like 20% exp for the kill. I checked my trophy and sure enough, buffalo was at like 84%. Killed another buffalo and got 20%, my trophy was then at 100% for buffalo. The next kill, I not NO XP whatsoever. Nada.

So, we went and killed a horse nearby. I got decent xp, and buffalo went back down to 84%. Next buffalo kill gave me close to 20% again and trophy was at 94% or so.

Moral: In my experience, unless you are at 100% for a mob, you will get the same amount of xp that you would if you were at 99%

Note: This could be affected by the fact that the MAX amount of xp you can get from a kill is say, 20%. Maybe even with my trophy at 84%, that (100-84)=16% of the xp was enough to give me 20% still...
Taka
Sojourner

Postby Taka » Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:41 am

I remember long ago...

There were many level 50 who did not know that WD had a south gate (in fact I am sure even today you can find people who have no clue it exist or how to get to it).

The only reasons to get out of the city was for eq, or $ (pod were better eq then average mob for their level, but pod were making you evil aligned, and paladin were poor).

So they decided to change it so that mobs in towns would give les exp then others. So peoples started to do stuff out of town. On weekend, you would have 4+ groups doing buffalo east of WD and 1-2 doing them south of WD.

So they decided to make buffalo exp much lower. People moved to other places some, but would simply find ONE spot and play there... so they added trophy...

And now we have unbalanced zone... some zone people do for eq, some zone people do for exp, some zone are not worth much in either and therefore not done much,...

One of the problem I see with exp is that a mob that sit at the end of the dock 3 steps from the inn and wont move regardless weither it is attacked or not and will never be surrounded by aggro or any thing should not be as good for exp as a mob with same stat that is tracking or who is in zone with lots of wandering mobs, or who has assisting mobs.

I dont learn much more about using my skills and timing and reflex and coordinating work fighting in zones then I do fighting dummy mobs.

Cloud is to me a joke... it s like a zone that seems to have been designed by someone who likes to play a cleric...

I don't know if that would be doable, but make it so that the first time you kill 1 type of mob, it should be giving like 3-5 times the amount of exp it gives every other times. That would be a more interesting way to make trophy. Do not allow multiple mobs being the same (or just name change) unless there is a reason (i believe the reason for dockie is the way code is done the ticket stuff for the ships require a different ship since they are different boat). Make places where people usualy don't want to go because of the risk worth it exp wise (gnoll is actualy the 1 place that seems to fit this very well, and I think it is great... it is easy to die in there even when they are lower level then you, still you get some exp from killing them. some people prefer not to take the risk, and those who take the risk get a good reward when they succeed).

Make group of mob give lots of extra exp... you need to have enough spells to kill more people and to survive longer.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B>Havenport is a really good example of this. I'd say its about 50/50 classed/nonclassed. I killed tons of calimshan traders because they conned "Are you mad??" until I realized the devious thieves that conned easy were worth more xp.

E</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just wondering why I put this here, since it has no relevence :P stupid paladins.

E
Hatan
Sojourner

Postby Hatan » Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taka:
Cloud is to me a joke... it s like a zone that seems to have been designed by someone who likes to play a cleric...

[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean Smoke plane.. not Cloud.. little difference here Image
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Feb 18, 2002 4:51 pm

For some reason, I just don't think IC or HP exp is that great. I hardly get anything at all in either zone, even being the main damage doer with archery. It sucks. BGR however is great, even at level 26, where i'm at. What I hate is....

You tell Lev26 'let's do exp'
Lev26 tells you 'ok, meet you on bgr'

My last 11 levels.....
At level 15, BGR, SSC, Nightfall
At level 20, BGR, SSC, Nightfall
At level 26, BGR, SSC, Nightfall
These are only places I can seem to get exp groups.

If the exp from other zones, IC, HP, BG, or anywhere else could be made equivalent to that of BGR, SSC, and Nightfall, we would have a lot more options of where to go to get exp, thus expanding our horizons, and making things MUCH more fun. Then, newbies would get a taste of traveling up to IC or through the troll hills before they got to level 30+.

My 2 pennies.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:08 pm

I know that last post was a bit off topic, I apologize, but still, it sucks. I've had 2 mobs on my trophy since level 18 or so. SSC member and BGR blacksmith. That's it. Both are around 2.5%. I've been doing those two zones straight for 11 levels. Another thing that peeves me.... I'm doing SSC or BGR with some other guys about the same level as me with comparable eq. We're trudging along killing stuff at a medium pace. Along comes a couple of peeps lower in level, but with badass eq. They proceed to clean out the rest of the zone. When the pop comes around, they take off and kill the majority of the mobs before we have a chance to.

Now, I'm not saying that they should stay out or whatever. But when our exp gets limited by someone else who's already hit 40+ and is leveling an alt and taking 70-80% of the zone, that just plain sucks.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galkar:
<B>I know that last post was a bit off topic, I apologize, but still, it sucks. I've had 2 mobs on my trophy since level 18 or so. SSC member and BGR blacksmith. That's it. Both are around 2.5%. I've been doing those two zones straight for 11 levels. Another thing that peeves me.... I'm doing SSC or BGR with some other guys about the same level as me with comparable eq. We're trudging along killing stuff at a medium pace. Along comes a couple of peeps lower in level, but with badass eq. They proceed to clean out the rest of the zone. When the pop comes around, they take off and kill the majority of the mobs before we have a chance to.

Now, I'm not saying that they should stay out or whatever. But when our exp gets limited by someone else who's already hit 40+ and is leveling an alt and taking 70-80% of the zone, that just plain sucks. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have found that Ic is a better place to EXP than BGR generally. I solo a lot and the Lieutenants in IC are all different mobs so trophy insn't impacted as much. Not sure what you are killing up there but the Lieutenants give me 2% per kill every time (level 30 Shaman now).
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:48 pm

Was weird, I was killing lieutenants with a level 32 shaman, I was level 24-25. I was doing at least 60%-70% of the damage, at Least. My archery was hitting great. I got one notch every 3-4 kills. I have no clue why, seeing as that was the first time I'd ever been there.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:09 pm

If xp grid is for n00bs I humbly suggest taking the troll regen mobs out. I tried to kill one for two hours once, with assistance from Glorishan AND Vadian (not at the same time). Used all fire nukes where possible, and STILL didn't quite manage to kill it. The thing was only lucky punk... surely two people should have had a reasonable chance of downing it?
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galkar:
Was weird, I was killing lieutenants with a level 32 shaman, I was level 24-25. I was doing at least 60%-70% of the damage, at Least. My archery was hitting great. I got one notch every 3-4 kills. I have no clue why, seeing as that was the first time I'd ever been there. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is wierd since my trophy was about 5% for all four Lietenants on the second level and I was still getting the 2% I mentioned above. Maybe the shaman was doing more damage than you thought and or the level difference hurt you? Shrug.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:39 pm

Level difference I think was your most limiting factor. They are level 40 or so mob.

Toplack

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”