Enchanted Crystal Pendants

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
<B>Tiamat was harder (for a while) for us than it was for DSR, Glorishan.

Maybe if you don't screw people over with the bids you guys can entice more people to show. Image

Dornax
Jurdex</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to explain? I was unaware that there was anybody being screwed over in the bidding system. I believe 4 of the items were handed out before the bids took place. I don't know how someone could argue that that was unfair, as the people who received those items were those who put in countless hours of prepartion. In addition, we brought 12 other items including bassilisk leggings, skullsmasher, gut bag, 2 amethyst belts, dscales cloak, etc...to add to the Tiamat split to ensure that more people felt they got their money's worth.

Similarly, you imply that we were unable to get more people to come. This too, was untrue. We had 25 people, and we believed that to be enough people. I don't understand why I keep hearing people trashing DSR, when all I see (and granted I don't see everything) is people going out of their way to help rather than to screw people.

Feel free to respond to provide clarification.

Glorishan
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:51 am

Sorry Glorishan, but DSR gets 5 out of 5 Gormals.

Yayaril
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:04 am

I'm just sick of reading about how cool you are, no offense. I'm not the only one, either. The amazing part is the person who keeps saying how totally awesome you are is, not to put too fine a point on it, you.

And I know of quite a few people who turned down DSR's invitation because you guys claimed over half the loot.

As far as helping people goes, believe whatever you want. I don't really care.

I don't need to build up my group's accomplishments, but I refuse to let you make a snide backhanded remark about our victory.

Dornax
Jurdex
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:16 am

For the record, Nokie would like to state and put emphasis on how un-cool Nokie thinks he is as well as how un-cool Darkstorm Rising is.

To recap:

Nokie & DSR is:

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers

[This message has been edited by Nokie (edited 04-01-2002).]
Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:34 am

Now now children, stop arguing..

I got enuff of these in elementary school, no need to implement silliness on soj3.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Sorry Glorishan, but DSR gets 5 out of 5 Gormals.

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i'm deeply offended by this remark... to the arena!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:22 am

Feh..

Who cares.. DSR and Imphras are both lowlife-goodie-scum Image
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:43 am

Ya both did tiamat. Ya both rock.

For those of us not in a guild, the only thing watching both DSR and Shadows argue means is that we don't get to zone as much with either group and have less fun with friends. This doesn't help the mud at all.

So, could yall put yer dicks in yer pants and stop the pissing contest before everybody gets really mad? Please? :P
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:22 am

Yeah, I'm already tired of the rivalry, and I've been guilded what.. a month?

This is supposed to be a game to have fun, not a political pissing match. If you don't like someone, be the bigger man and just keep your nasty comments to yourself. Noone wants to see dirty laundry in public.

(Gee, can you tell I learned this one the hard way?)
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:23 am

The pissing contests make me regret that I'm guilded at all sometimes.

-xeb
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:54 am

Just to clarify for those reading, Dornax's and my comments are not part of any rivaly between the two of us. It's simply a difference of opinion. I do, and have for a long time, consider him to be a friend. I wasn't trying to criticize or down-play what Imphras accomplished. Regardless of who was there, how many people were there, what tactics were used, or whatever else, defeating Tiamat is a great achievement, and my hat is off to all who have and will in the future conquer the dragon of dragons.

Glorishan
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:53 am

rofl moritheil = psychic...this thread is great comedy
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:05 pm

im confused, thought both shadows and dsr both dont allow members to group with other guilds right? seems you guys already told everyone to take a flying leap, yet your self conscious enough to worry about folks flaming you on the boards? something doesnt add up.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 04-02-2002).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:16 pm

Nah, we can group with whoever we like. Image

Anyway, I'l not getting into any arguements.. I just think it rocks that Yaya indirectly made fun of gormal Image
Oh yeah, nokie's post is damned funny too Image
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:00 pm

We can group with whomever we like, we can do whatever we want with our equipment, if we use bids (rarely) then bids are open to all in the group, if Dornax hands out, he hands out to non-guildies about as much as guildies, we have tons of fun, we are basically non-competitive within the guild (as far as I have seen). Some of the scenes I have seen played out within other guilds would never happen in Imphras. I don't know why this is true, but I can only imagine it's because we're more than tools to get other people what they want, Dornax treats us with respect and would bend over backwards for us. The greatest part of that statement is, however, that it's also true for the way he would act toward the majority of the mud.

Being in Imphras has been nothing but a pleasure for me. I kind of imagine Imphras is a lot like DSR, but with a lot more freedom and a lot more likeable.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:13 pm

Heh, I wouldn't be in Shadows if there was a grouping restriction. I left one guild because of that already. Image

As for what it's like... shrug ashiwi summed it up pretty well except for one thing. I don't know what it's like in DSR, but I'll assume they're friends and enjoy each other's company and have fun. After all, that's what matters.

I hate the pissing matches though.

Sylvos
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:11 pm

(Read Aloud in Best West Virginian Accent you can Accomplish)

Friends,

Do you feel Persucuted?

Do you hear people laughing at you from behind the Twinkies?!

Cant we all just get along?
Besides jeg is right, you are all goodie scum Image buckup
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:58 pm

As is the case with Imphras, in DSR there are no grouping restrictions. We're all allowed to group with whomever we wish. We're members of a guild, we do not owe our souls to it.

Glorishan
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:58 pm

1. Loyalty to the group, if possible don't group with anyone else.

thats exerpted directly from a post folur made on dsr's website.

http://www.dsrising.com/columns.asp?ColumnistId=2

Folur told everyone that guilded under him this. know because when I talked about guilding with Darkstorm, he told me that my propensity to group with so many random people would be a problem and I would probably have to do away with it...hence why I did not join.

It may be different rules now with Corth but even you agreed to this Glorishan:P

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 04-02-2002).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glorishan:
<B>As is the case with Imphras, in DSR there are no grouping restrictions. We're all allowed to group with whomever we wish. We're members of a guild, we do not owe our souls to it.

Glorishan</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly! I have a piece of paper that says Glorishan's soul belongs to me for 5 bucks
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>1. Loyalty to the group, if possible don't group with anyone else.

thats exerpted directly from a post folur made on dsr's website.

http://www.dsrising.com/columns.asp?ColumnistId=2

Folur told everyone that guilded under him this. know because when I talked about guilding with Darkstorm, he told me that my propensity to group with so many random people would be a problem and I would probably have to do away with it...hence why I did not join.

It may be different rules now with Corth but even you agreed to this Glorishan:P

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 04-02-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is an OLD rule, and it wasn't even enforced. The only thing Folur did when u 'broke' it was tease you about it if he was even bored enough. I'll admit I did hold that mentality before and I deeply regret it. I don't think any DSR member follows that now and we take in outsiders when we need our slots filled in groups. try being in the guild before you make any dumbass statements please Gormal

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 04-02-2002).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:55 am

i didnt make a dumbass statement...i posted directly from the dsr bbs and from exactly what folur told me. There is no assumption or opinion in there.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:04 am

That rule was in place only in the begining for the most part, as far as I could tell. My best guess is that it was to become strong, and to do that quickly. By only grouping with the same 6-8 people, the original members of DSR were able to accomplish a great deal of things very early in the game. Later as the levels and equipment playing field "leveled out" on the MUD, this 'requirement' wasn't nearly as important to ensure the success of the guild. You'll notice, Gormal, that Folur was referring to the original rules, and later stated that he let up on them.

Glorishan

[This message has been edited by Glorishan (edited 04-02-2002).]
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:17 am

Gormal slashes hypocrite extremely hard.
A hypocrite staggers from a fearsome slash from Gormal.
This thread is mortally wounded, and will die soon if not aided.
Gormal beheads this thread.
this thread is dead! R.I.P.
You receive your share of amusement.

Get all thread
You get a barrel of laughs from this thread.

Dornax
Jurdex
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:38 am

So uhh...how about those crystal pendants? :P

Syl
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:12 am

Just to clear up a point, I think imphras handed out 3 (boots, hole, mug) pieces of Tia eq, and DSR handed out 4 (boots, helm, cleric hat, mug)........

Is that such a big difference? shrugs, enjoy the game!
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:13 am

I handed out 2 items. I kept the hole and Verarb earned the volo boots.

I was simply stating what most everyone said about your split that I spoke to before and after. I don't really know what yall did, personally. Just giving you the players' views as told to me.

I'm all about enjoying the game, as I said previously I'm not here to start anything, but I certainly won't let snide remarks go unanswered.

Dornax
Jurdex

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 04-03-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:08 am

This is for anyone who does Tia...If you get upset about not getting eq at Tia, you need a reality check. Seriously. The whole point of Tiamat isn't the eq. It's the experience. Yes, it's long and boring sometimes(not as bad as it was before, mind you), but damn, having the bragging rights to say you slew her is worth the trip alone. I went fully not expecting an item. I think it was FANTASTIC of both guilds mentioned to go out of their way, and add items to their splits, so that most everyone got -something-.

And shame on the people who would go on a run, and bitch afterwards to other people. At least have the sack to tell the leaders of the run your thoughts. It's pretty childish to go around and spitefully berate folks about equipment behind their backs. Christ people, this is a game. Why the hell is equipment getting in the way of this?

It's not all about the equipment!

God, all equipment comes in time. Just be patient. The biggest thing is to LEARN YOUR CLASS AND PLAY IT WELL. If you can get respect for that, eq will drop in your lap. It's a side bonus, but I definitely feel that being complimented for my skills as an enchanter is worth more than any eq you could give me. Even tiamat stuff.

Who cares how who did what split. People are different, and that's what life is about. If you get upset at what other people do, because they didn't do it your way... Get a grip and get over yourself. Your way might work exceedingly fine for you and yours, but what's good for one, isn't good for another. Who the hell are you to criticize anyone elses versions of a split? This goes for both DSR and Imphras members, so if you feel I am singling you out, maybe you should look at why you feel so defensive.

If you have such an issue with a split, lead that particular zone, or any damn zone yourself, and then YOU do the split the way YOU feel it should. And to hell with anyone elses method. If you don't like it, either don't go with them(childish), voice it to them constructively(adult), or do it yourself. You prove nothing to anyone by criticizing another's methods in public. I don't care who you are. It's not your job to do this.

/end rant.
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:27 am

Dornax,

nods, well, we'd appreciate it if the players let us know, we were under the assumption our split was went fine....we're all here 3nj0y'ing.....and we both kicked her ass!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:34 am

Jegzed, we are all 'high-life' goodie scum thankyou very much! *grins*

I love the new X / 5 Gormals rating system it is really catching on.

I think the DSR not grouping with others thing was more about being available to do things with the guild every day as oppose to being mean to other people. Yah DSR are close friends and have a fun time *nogs*.

Pendants, OMG, Don't waste them on tia, they are too valuable! *giggle*

Dornax, that 'log' of Gormal killing the topic absolutely rules, however I am sure that Gormal could find a way to get spanked by the topic!

Kiryan, yah Im pretty sure everyone in Imphras and DSR just joined so we could have a really bad time and hate lots of people and be teased, I know I surely did! *ruffles*

Corth, I told you we should have either ponded all the quip, given it all to a newbie, or given it to me cos Tia was on my B'day, to stop any arguing that might persue! *giggle*

Tiamat is sexy, but not as sexy as Weylarii + Sarell

Safe travels! *skip*
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:50 am

Malacar is absolutly right. Its not about the equipment...its about respect. Fairness is the eq is the most prevelant way that comes through...all the talk in the world can happen but are you willing to put fairness above keeping precious eq?

and for the recored dsr claimed rogue pendant, boots, dragonkind, mug, cleric hat, and isha. no non guildie ( i bundle in the one company mage with this cause they really close lately) could bid on staff, and now dartan has the hole.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>Malacar is absolutly right. Its not about the equipment...its about respect. Fairness is the eq is the most prevelant way that comes through...all the talk in the world can happen but are you willing to put fairness above keeping precious eq?

and for the recored dsr claimed rogue pendant, boots, dragonkind, mug, cleric hat, and isha. no non guildie ( i bundle in the one company mage with this cause they really close lately) could bid on staff, and now dartan has the hole.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Tiamat gear was going to go to any character who couldn't use it on the char they 'played' at Tiamat. Nokie was the only rogue there, so he won by default. Had there been another rogue, I'm sure it would have been bid between them. The fact that you're counting one of the treasure items as claiming is rediculas. Folur took the beer mug, big deal. The fact that Dartan ended up with the hole (which is news to me, but I haven't been playing) has nothing to do with the bidding at Tiamat. Mikar won it. What he chose to do with it is irrelevant. You say only dsr members were allowed to bid on staff, yet you yourself say that a member of The Company bid on it as well. How does the fact that you see DSR and The Company as being "really close lately" affect anything? I'll be honest, I don't remember there being any limitations put on the mage staff except you had to be able to use it. I could very well be wrong about that, but I think it was just a coincidence that it worked out that only DSR and a member of The company bid on it. (Forgive me if this sounds like rambling, cause basically it is, I'm very tired :P)

Anyhow, that's my rebuttle! Back to the abyss I go.

Glorishan

(edit) oh yeah, and for the record, I agree that Tiamat's not even about the EQ, but rather the experience. If you get upset about EQ, it ruins the whole trip. I haven't ever won an item, but I'm always excited to go back. Just enjoy the experience folks!

[This message has been edited by Glorishan (edited 04-03-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glorishan:
<B> Nokie was the only rogue there, so he won by default. Had there been another rogue, I'm sure it would have been bid between them.

Glorishan
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it was already claimed. When Corth asked me if I wanted to go to Tia with DSR, I asked if it was true that "most of Tiamat's gear had already been claimed" and he said "it is, and that includes the rogue amulet, sorry." That is not specifically why I declined his offer, though, since it's not really about the gear for me.

Not like it's any biggie, as long as everybody was happy with the way it was done, and non-guildies were informed that they wouldn't have a chance when they signed up for it, right?

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 04-03-2002).]
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:04 pm

I stand corrected.

Glorishan
Koric
Sojourner

Postby Koric » Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:52 am

OMG, ur all embarassing urselves!
Must we change the topic from something so worthy of being discussed to mere garbage? I think this topic has gotten the better of the major parties involved and I'm sick of it so all shush immediately.

If anything from this off-topic discussion is unresolved, send tells to each other or something.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:06 am

omg ymir!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:32 pm

rofl moritheil = psychic...this thread is great comedy</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now if only it would help me more on those Physics tests... =P

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”