Wing Buffet

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:21 pm

Yeah while we are at it, we should make sure the room is large enough to swing longsword and twohanded weapons when 15 people are in the room, otherwise they would have to switch to spears or other piercers. Yep thats it.

------------------
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiaransalee:
<B>
4) I do like the idea of making dragon's breath affect different enchantments.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For those of you who haven't caught on yet, DO NOT post more things that sound like good ideas as a replacement to something that you currently do not like, or something that you would like to see changed. If you haven't noticed, it generally comes back to just hurt the players more. Remember the grand idea of spell interaction? People wanted it because they thought they would get some cool affects out of it, and that it would make players more powerful. The immorts turned it around and made all of the interactions BAD. Hence the real lack of invokers on the goodie side.

I know you have good intentions, but it generally only serves to make things rougher around here. So now instead of seeing wingbuffet replaced with something new, we will see no changes to wing buffet, and will probably get hit with some new and stupid thing to make dragons even worse. Please observe the trend, and try not to make things worse around here. If you have a good idea, either keep it to yourself, or become an admin/coder where you actually have a chance of arguing your case for your idea, with the hopes that it doesn't screw players over more.

Lyt

------------------
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:35 pm

Yeah, I thought it was funny, in the ironic "It appears that I have shot myself in the foot" kind of way.

-Todrael
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:45 pm

Apparently few of you play Rolemaster, where you can maim yourself by trying to draw your weapon.

------------------
-Yayaril
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:59 pm

Lyt summed up my thoughts very nicely, and in a way that you won't get deleted.. Had I tried to post that, it woulda had tons of swears, and stuff.

Good deal.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyt:
comes back to just hurt the players more. .. The immorts turned it around and made all of the interactions BAD. .. but it generally only serves to make things rougher around here. So now instead of seeing wingbuffet replaced with something new, we will see no changes to wing buffet, and will probably get hit with some new and stupid thing to make dragons even worse.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, because the gods are only out to get us damned players. They're not interested in game balance or anyting dumb like that.

Disco

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 04-10-2002).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:22 pm

lol.. this thread is close to becoming in competition with the other popcorn worthy one.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:02 pm

Hehe come on Lyt...area spell feedback is fun! (note the sarcasm please)

Now if only those triple clouding jarls and double clouding wraiths in jot and crypts had to face what we do!

Loki group says 'Dude! I TOLD you I assigned Bob clouds, you only use bigbys! Now we're gonna get spanked, I am SO not bringing multiple jarls to a fight again......"

It also means we have more ppl sitting with their thumbs in their butts at the fountain cause virtually noone plays invokers without first eqing them as an alt. Nope, not bitter at all. Image
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:50 pm

On the subject of dragons being difficult.. WHy don't they give more exp? its a tough fight.. usually someone is gonna die.. and typically no one even notches off of it.. i think it should give ppl less than 45 afew notches.. and 45+ atleast 1.. but id unno.. maybe i don't know what im talking about :P

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:29 pm

Mishre: It all depends on the group and to some degree the dragon. Chlora, Saks, and some other dragons can be torn through easily by groups of around 10 people that are moderate to highly powered. A lot of other dragons can be done without too much pain with 15 people of moderate to high power and the right group composition. Some others almost always hurt, but that's partially due to some of those said dragons having followers that complicate matters. As a side note, while dragons are certainly the most impressive challenges an adventurer can face, in D&D some of the more powerful demons and devils (pit fiends, balors, mariliths, etc) have higher challenge ratings than all but the most ancient dragons.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:36 am

Thank you for fixing wing buffet.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”