Embodiment Error?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dhurn
Sojourner

Embodiment Error?

Postby Dhurn » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:31 pm

I noticed last night when I got air formed that i could still shieldp and bash as my opening attack only...which I shouldnt be able to do at all.

Once I had joined into combat....my bodytype was then checked I could no longer bash/shieldp (oops, sorry Xar).

Dunno if anybody else has ever noticed this or not..but I couldnt find a heading which suggested that anyone had ever posted on the subject.

------------------

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dhurn:
<B>I noticed last night when I got air formed that i could still shieldp and bash as my opening attack only...which I shouldnt be able to do at all.

Once I had joined into combat....my bodytype was then checked I could no longer bash/shieldp (oops, sorry Xar).

Dunno if anybody else has ever noticed this or not..but I couldnt find a heading which suggested that anyone had ever posted on the subject.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a bug, and it's not quite what you described. I would play with it some.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:43 pm

My understanding is that you are predominantly air (wraith) formed, but still partially substantial thus on occasion you can bash or shieldpunch or be bashed.

Just not very often. Certainly not reliably. I could be wrong, however.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:54 am

why couldn't you shieldp while being wraith form? it's your shield doing the smacking. your shield isn't a wraith!

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:35 am

That depends on how you think air embodiment works. When it's cast on you, wouldn't you think all your eq goes airy too? Otherwise you'd just be a invisible-man looking person with floating eq.

------------------
Tog Vicious
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:18 pm

Air elementals "can be immaterial when they wish."

Hmm....

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”