Bronze Citadel

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

Bronze Citadel

Postby cherzra » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:16 pm

Awesome work Kia. I haven't been this engrossed in a zone since, well, I think since I was a newbie and I was astounded at the mud. I love the room descriptions and the zone is unique in the way its fights are set up. It's too bad the majority of people will probably never get to see it, because it's a fine example of what makes Sojourn's zones the best anywhere.

I died ten times, but I loved every minute of it. Well except when it was 5am and I was getting grumpy...

I'll keep it at that because I don't want to warn those darn goodies! Image

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 07-14-2002).]
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:03 pm

Wish i coulda gone Image

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:32 pm

I had a great time in Bronze Citadel, even if I didn't get to bed until 7am.

By far the most challenging and fun I've had in years at Sojourn.

And the zone is stunningly beautifully described. I actually read a lot of room descs, which I normally just ignore.

For me, this zone is everything I wanted in a 50's only zone.

The same group of 15 level 50's cruised through MD in 30 mins, then got a decent challenge on Avernus grid, but was almost overmatched in the Citadel.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:36 pm

Too bad it crashed, I had ringside seats Image

Thinking goodies might be afraid to go.
Though I can understand if they are.

------------------
Azuth God of Wizardry and Majiks
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:50 pm

Goodie tells you 'we're waiting for evils to get slaughtered some more so it gets downgraded before we try'

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:50 pm

exactly what i was thinkign chez. bitching.

spent 20 hours trying to do the citadel so far and nothing really but hordes of corpses to show for it, but probably the most fun ive had since tiamat. this zone owns

one more suggestion, think we could make the bleeding proc not stack or allow us to bandage in combat. it gets a bit crazy when your bleeding half a dozen times every tick.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:17 pm

Heh, at one point I had 13 bleed procs and lost over 500 hps in about 10 seconds, NOT in combat. Heh.

It is a good zone, and there are probably some more issues. It will require a lot of time set aside for it in the future, to be able to complete the zone (we didn't finish when it crashed, but we were 'probably' still 3-4 hours from done, and we had been there for 15 hours when it crashed.)

One word of warning. Don't bother going unless you bring all level 50 people, and VERY experienced players.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:42 pm

I think that's where most of the moaning and groaning about new zones comes in to play... there are a lot of unexpected things which cause a lot of spanks even to experienced players, and most of the time they're taken in stride until it gets to ten hours straight in the zone and everybody starts to get tired and grumpy, then they say something before they take time to rest it off. I'm looking forward to going, it sounds like mass carnage, mayhem, and FUN!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:36 pm

It sounds pretty cool.. unfortunately I probably don't have that kind of time to spend on a zone anymore Image
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:49 am

shut it rylan! you will go and like it.

------------------
Kifle "Didn't there used to be some kind of invis cloak?" ButteryFingers

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:25 pm

Thanks all for the compliments. Nice to know all the work on room descs are actually getting read Image
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:18 pm

Okies... Now we finished the Citadel last night.

Was really fun now that the small problems was fixed, and we knew what to do..

Still took us about 9 hours with the best group you could possible get on this mud. (50 decked level 50 evils from CC/OD.)

And yes, the Bel fight was completely different, and that experience is probably worth the time investment in itself.

Only bad point is that the amount of loot and its quality felt a little bit little. You get more and better equipment from doing Clouds, Scorps or MD. Not to say that the item we got sucked or wasn't worth it.. Just felt a little too little Image

Still, I'll visit the zone again, preferably as often as possible.. Its simply head and shoulders above Clouds and Muspelheim when it comes to Atmosphere and Challenge.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

[This message has been edited by Jegzed (edited 07-21-2002).]
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:18 am

I second that. The zone feel was definitely unique. It's like turning a routine strategy game into a time sensative action game. It was definitely the most innovative zone I have seen to date. The Bel fight was also ingenius. It is what a truly spanky final fight is all about. For once, a touch fight is not beefed up with dragons or insane amount of !bash casters but rather very creative design. Good job Kia. Too bad it's going to be one of those zones that will be done like only once per month because of the sheer time committment required...

Yssilk
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:57 am

yeah and the 50 tells i got after the first attempt at bel ...were hysterical

i responded to the first two going .. what what?? before i realized deathspam ooc was on :P i also heard someone asked how to turn on death ooc .. i rolled

player x tells you ' awwww Image'
you tell player x 'what what!'
player x tells you 'spank?'
you tell player x 'oh :P'

anyway OUTSTANDING zone! room descriptions OWNED!

im still rolling cause of that piece of gear that i *won* :P damn you guys :P:P

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”