Chicks N Doods!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Myre
Sojourner

Chicks N Doods!

Postby Myre » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:52 pm

Okay I _GOTTA_ ask just cause it's bothered me here for 9 years....

WHAT'S WITH THE FEMALES vs. MALES and bonuses on this game!

I mean c'mon... we all know that (guessing) 95%+ of all players on this game are male in RL.
With this in mind I make my statements with the following taken for granted...

- Not saying by ANY means that there aren't some VERY talented female players out there.

- I'm not saying that the female characters aren't another challenge to role play for the RL men out there.

- I'm not even saying that in all games men and women should be equal.

With that out of the way...

I am saying that taking role play and RL gender and all other "insignificant" factors out of the game... it is STUPID as a player to make a MALE character.

Reason 1: Female only items... valk swords, gowns, drow garments, take yer pick... oh wait lets name the male only items too.. hurmm there AREN'T any..

Reason 2: Your friend and mine.. the ethereal succubus... gee the female characters are immune to this too.

Reason 3: places in the mud that are FEMALE only (if you don't wanna aggro)... i.e. parts of the calimport palace.

Reason 4: for evils at least.. female ogres and trolls are bigger and allow better bashes.

Reason 5: Hornball mudder no life group leaders! Heh most people are straight up and will simply step out of character and won't act female when not in role play.. but there are a few (and I will not name them here because they are VERY good at it and they are friends of mine) that have played 'female' for years. These doods just simply look at a group leader and flutter their eyelashes and giggle and the group leader somehow favors them when it comes to splits.. Amazing how some of the best group leaders the evils have will show exactly how long it has been since they have had a real date by handing item after item to female players. All the while i'm getting tells from these people laughing their arses off that another sucker fell for it.

Okay now lets name the reasons to play male...

Reason 1: can be true to yer current form in RL and enjoy the role play aspects.... hurmm that's about it..

so I'd say by a landslide majority ...based completely out of role play or past... that the mud code favors the female characters...

Heh while i'm at it.. let me point out a few of my friends who play here ...that made females this time around for the simple reasons listed above...

Zoldren - (though we're still wondering if he's really a dood)
then the basics! Wobb, Gura, Rurga .. oh goodness too many to name...

Just noticing heh not like much could/should/would change Image

Laterz!
Zajan/Myre
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:36 pm

i rolled a female cause in alpha there was a rumor there was gona be kick ass fem only eq in menzo Image

that is the only reason ..00..
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:37 pm

Been down this road, done this. If you get the same posts I did, it will be somewhere along the lines of how lame the topic is, blah, blah, blah... then it will disintegrate into a bunch of RL male vs. female bickering.

Have fun!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:46 pm

sure zoldren. just come out of the closet already.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:00 am

i don't think it's a horribly terrible topic, nor do i think its a HUGE problem ...

we gonna bitch about cleric hating items we get handed on resses next?? (wink myre u know shalia loves you)

do i think there should be male only items?? sure ... penis pumps ... um ... power tools ... viagara vials fs at magic shops ... hrrm

an incubus on eth would be hella kewl but he'd be male and all we'd have to do is flutter our eyelashes at them too Image and they'd be under OUR charm too

i have heard the argument that women mudders(rl women) get choice items in splits .. well if thats true ... then i feel sorry for the leaders who get that rep ... i know noone i group with is like that (thank god) ... in fact i appreciate my whole guild because they dont treat me like a tender little girl who needs to be coddled .. if i fuck up i get hollered at just like the guys ... (god DAMMIT Ambar why did you aggro that planetar!!!)

do i get more attention cause im a woman?? sure Image and i love it and wouldn't change it .. also helps i have a very friendly personality ... i STILL say that if a woman is a shitty player she wouldn't be grouped (maybe for the first time then never after)

anyway that's my two bits (also maybe this stuff was implemented to encourage women mudders??? before men started playing women chars)

Peace ..

Jen
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:09 am

nah hehe i agree with a lot of those points Ambar.

I'm not saying that there should be male only items... or for that matter 'bitch' about stuff during resses.. heh the burn is actually kinda funny..

(though getting handed 6 tridents of the undead sucked)

my ONLY concern with this is the fact people are 'smarter' to make female characters based on size alone (for trolls and ogres).

Honestly the EQ don't mean diddly..cause frankly most of it is role play based... and isn't what i would call "elite" items.

The fact of the succubus... well who's to say they don't have an 'alternitive' lifestyle.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:18 am

I used to geta kick outta handing my valkie to males who didnt know .. they were like WTF!!

maaad funny (but im just mean)

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:33 am

One of my alts is female just for that reason that ogre females are larger.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:31 am

Incidentally, it isn't true that there are no items in the game that are !female.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
Incidentally, it isn't true that there are no items in the game that are !female.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but I think the penis sheath from Bloodstone is no longer for sale Image I vote for bring back the penis sheath! That way I can give it to mobs to wear before they abuse my poor bum. Safe spanks I always say!

------------------
Wharog Ear Gone - The Sigil
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:20 am

Attitude of players aside, it's clearly "better" from a powergaming persective to play female characters. There's no question, anywhere, anytime.

Player attitudes... heh. Emily rolled up a level 1 ranger and levelled her while I was in class one day. When I came back, she said "hey someone gave me some stuff, look at it and tell me if it's any good." Ok, I said. Mmmhmm. Gleaming holy. Two tiny silvers. Shining golden scalemail. Good lowbie hitter stuff. Some junk. Two leather cloaks. She's even matching at this point. Yeti boots. Wonderful. She was level 3.

"Oh he was trying to flirt with me, he asked me for my email address" she said smugly. "I didn't give it to him!"

There IS one downside to playing female, and please don't be so naive as to believe it doesn't exist in force on Sojourn: Sexual harassment. Playing Emily's character (and I did, and do sometimes. Ban me for levelling her 13 druid if you need to), I got quite a few choice tells from no-name lowbies. I can only imagine what some of the more popular female players went through in their time. Somehow, being asked if I "suck long barbarian cock" didn't fit in with her roleplay Image Don't bother asking for names, she and I both vastly prefer dealing with little boys ourselves to asking for god intervention Image

So back on topic, yeah the code is female-heavy. I assume it's to avoid punishing the already low female player base... games like Sojourn try very hard (and if they don't, they should) to coax women into playing... making a 3d5 3/4 proc blur sword and making it !female wouldn't be much encouragement Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:17 am

The Penis Sheathe still exists, its called a Holy Avenger. Paladins still stroke em in hopes they will proc. And rangers envy em cause their lil Windsong aint as err long.

*snicker*

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Antagonist of Paladins and Rangers everwhere
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:25 pm

Rags I didn't go there for a reason .. but I can comment .....

got bored several months ago .. and rolled a grey elf warrior .. just to see how fast i could get off evermeet with shit eq ..

i got MAD sexual innuendo type tells ...

rolled me a drow elf enchanter ... NONE

this is WAY more prevalent on the goodie side than evil .. not to say we dont have some interesting conversations in xp groups ... but the harassment stays on the goodie side i think .... i think my big brothers would kill anyone that harrassed my ogre Image

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:01 pm

Hmmm. I think I've gotten one tell from somebody I didn't know that was along that line, and it was a long, long time ago, last wipe, as another character. This wipe I have not received such suggestive tells from people I didn't know, definitely not as a newbie. Once people get to know me I get hit on a ton, but I'm flirtatious and I pretty much bring that on myself, but after a while I think they realize they're not going to get anywhere and they back off... and even then, it's very rarely done in an offensive manner unless it's in jest. As far as the jesting goes, I'm highly capable of giving as good as I get, and I have been known to whistle at construction workers, so that pretty much slides off too.

The only uncomfortable circumstances I've been in as a female in that domain were when it seemed some guy would take an almost obsessive interest and I couldn't scrape them off my leg with a stick after letting them know it was time to stop. At that point I just use avoidance and let time work it out.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:34 pm

Oh come on Ash, you know you're a hot little elf who loves it! Image
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:39 pm

Rylan's one you can't shake off with a stick, or scrape off with a spatula. Gotta love him.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:46 pm

Nothing finer then an Ashiwi sandwich...You tell Dornax 'you wanna be the top or bottom today?!"

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:59 pm

Gormal is usually the meat.

------------------
- Ragorn
Zungar
Sojourner

Postby Zungar » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:06 pm

Heh someone actually sent me a tell one time:

noobX tells you: A/S/L?
you tell noobX : Older than you/Player Y's bitch/In the dog house. Now Fork off loser.

Zungar "That depends on what your definition of 'is' is" Eye Gone
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:53 pm

"Reason 2: Your friend and mine.. the ethereal succubus... gee the female characters are immune to this too."

This something that's bugs me a little bit. Succubi aren't exactly particulary about who they charm. Nothing in D&D prevents them from magically charming a female if they want to. The fact that the psuedo-medieval society of high fantasy worlds would frown on this kind of thing certainly wouldn't discourage demons from it. Scandal can be just as good of a way of making someone suffer as violence.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:02 pm

I still say we should have incubii. One might be the man of my dreams...
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:28 am

'i got MAD sexual innuendo type tells ... ' Amber

Well that's just one occasion. As most of u know i dont log on as much thats because of the constant haressment by this person who will remain nameless but always want me to do stuff w/ him and his sheep or goat or watever sick fantasy he has, dang sheep de toi. He sends me jpeg and mudmails perverse songs.

'Rose are red, Violets are blue, Sheeps are soft and tender and dont put up a fight, now why can't you be like that?'

Not only are they preverse but they suck big do do.

When i log on i try to remain anon, but the fear i have to mud with is intolerable. God's plz help. Stop the sheep lover.

Anonymous
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:14 am

Gee sokkie, i didnt know you felt that way.
I thought you liked it. My goat's a little offended, but ill leave u alone if thats what u want *sniff*
Nukkie

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:37 am

Ambar sends me naughty tells fairly often. Scold her!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:58 am

I just tricked Ashiwi into accepting a date. I find the best way to secure relationships is through carefully layered trickery.

------------------
- Ragorn
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:55 am

ROFL

Ragorn tells you "I can stalk you better than you can stalk me."

::boggle::

tell Ragorn "You lie! I can stalk you better!"

Ragorn tells you "Fine, it's a date then!"

::blink::
::blink::
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:47 am

You tell Ashiwi 'someday, when you least expect it, you will find yourself in the back of Jenna's Wayhouse, and I will be there. And in that moment, you will know that you have lost, and I have won.'

Ashiwi tells you 'heheh all righty then Image'

That's a date as good as any in my book Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tanji Smanji:
Ambar sends me naughty tells fairly often. Scold her!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But yer so damned cute!!!! I can't help but love them hairy toes!!!

------------------
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:48 am

I don't think female characters should be so clearly better than male that all l33t players plays female.

/Disoputlip
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:59 am

bleh if you look at nature ... all the pretty animals are male (ever seen a female cardinal .. ick) ... it is just fitting that female characters are so great Image

muahaha

------------------
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:23 pm

Ambar's last post changed my mind. Now I ofcource beleive that all is correct as it is.

/Disoputlip
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:30 pm

Praying mantis females rip the heads off of males after mating. In that case, I'd rather be the female Image

Cordan - Likes his head right were it is thank you! -

------------------
Cruk
Sojourner

Postby Cruk » Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:32 am

Being a relative noobie to this mud, I was unaware of these points and would probably have rolled a female troll warrior than a male troll warrior because of the obvious advantages. I guess from a BALANCE point of view, my only concern is the size issue for evil warriors, because BASHING is one of the primary roles of warriors and it would suxors if it was more advantageous to be a female basher. I hope this is not the case as bashing is one of the primary functions of my class and would be disappointing. Otherwise it's good to have some variety and I can't help it if dat succubi wants me bad! I am also blissfully ignorant of the female only gear.

Cruk (powermudder wannabe, oops then realizes he is no elite/female enuff and demotes himself back to noobie status)

------------------
No I am not Crukk from Exile. He now plays a girly hooman palydork :P

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”