Bloodstone.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Ishul
Sojourner

Bloodstone.

Postby Ishul » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:56 am

Why can you not bring shaman pets into bloodstone, but can bring undead? Just curious, as I thought they would both be considered 'undead.'

Ishul
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:20 am

What are spirits align?

------------------
Meatshield
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:32 am

Can't bring spirits into any hometown, as far as I know. Been that way for quite some time.

- Grungar "summon totem; cry; summon totem; cry; summon totem; cry; impale self" Forgefire
Ishul
Sojourner

Postby Ishul » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:41 am

Evil align, was troll shaman. At least, I am assuming it would be evil.

Ishul
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:11 am

Since when can you bring undead into Bloodstone?

------------------
-Yayaril
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:02 am

Spirits don't have red auras, or gold auras. They are neutral. That is why. Your not supposed to bring any undead or spirits in hometowns at all. If someone is, its cheating.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gromikazer:
<B>Spirits don't have red auras, or gold auras. They are neutral. That is why. Your not supposed to bring any undead or spirits in hometowns at all. If someone is, its cheating.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheating ownz

------------------
You group-say 'Go-chan looks like a man'
Sinusosaxiy group-projects 'if she is a man call me gay'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:13 pm

you cant bring them in, but you can make them on the inside, big difference Image
Ishul
Sojourner

Postby Ishul » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Since when can you bring undead into Bloodstone?

I started in Bloodstone as a necromancer. I was able to raise up skeletons and zombies of the little mobs that I killed to help level, and was never attacked by the guards. I haven't been back since I left, as I have been killing in Split Shield and on the Black Griffin Road. I figured since I was able to have them in Bloodstone, I could take them into Waterdeep as well, and was attacked and almost slain when I tried to enter. Image Also, I rolled up a drow elf necromancer, but did not like the fact I could not see during the day. While in the drow hometown however, people had undead in there *shrug*. I just assumed it was ok to have undead in an evil hometown, which would make sense. I was just wondering why if undead could go in these cities, why shaman pets would not be able to. If they are neutral, that would make sense. I saw shaman pets in the drow hometown however, so I'm not sure that 'they are neutral' is the correct answer.

Ishul
Laxlez
Sojourner

Postby Laxlez » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:54 pm

The issue here is the difference between bringing a pet into a town (past gate guards) and raising a pet inside a town. You can do the latter in both DK and BS, but you cannot do the former. As far as I know, every set of _gate_ guards in the game will attack things flagged as spirit (undead, shaman spirits) on site.

-Laxlez
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:33 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Laxlez:
<B>The issue here is the difference between bringing a pet into a town (past gate guards) and raising a pet inside a town. You can do the latter in both DK and BS, but you cannot do the former. As far as I know, every set of _gate_ guards in the game will attack things flagged as spirit (undead, shaman spirits) on site.

-Laxlez</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really now?

My experiences tell me a different story

Ssryth.

[This message has been edited by Ssryth (edited 07-31-2002).]
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:32 pm

Let me get this straight:

You can't bring undead into bloodstone, but if you're an undead lich you can enter with no problems?

What am I missing here?

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Ishul
Sojourner

Postby Ishul » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:15 pm

I was able to not only bring undead into Bloodstone, but leave with them as well. I was never attacked or anything by any guards, whether guards at the gate or wandering guards.

Ishul
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:17 pm

check the align on your spirits.. undead all comes evil, bloodstone is aggro everything else.

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:03 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vahok:
<B>What are spirits align?

Vahok's hit the answer here. Spirits are probably neutral align. Undead are evil. BS is an evil conclave that is so far evil that they do not accept neutrals.

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”