Cursed weapon disarm failure

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Iktar
Sojourner

Cursed weapon disarm failure

Postby Iktar » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:38 am

Ok here I am disarming with my cursed weapon. My cursed weapon gets dropped because I failed my check horribly for disarm? das not cool

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:44 am

Is too cool.

or else, there would be no penality for disarm, you could do it all day without risk. Thats not cool.

Hence, you can drop cursed weapons.

-Garg

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iktar:
Ok here I am disarming with my cursed weapon. My cursed weapon gets dropped because I failed my check horribly for disarm? das not cool</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the realm of special logic...the kind that rode the short bus to school.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:27 am

Even if you couldn't drop your weapon when trying to disarm, there'd still be the penalty of losing attacks when fumbling your weapon, Gargauth.

I'm all for making cursed weapons !disarm and !drop when disarming.

------------------
-Yayaril
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:41 am

I think if you fail disarm that badly with a cursed weapon, you should drop it into your inventory. That way you still drop it, as in you dont wield it, but it doesnt hit the ground, since its cursed.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:40 pm

I always kind of looked at as if instead of disarming, I got disarmed. To think that just because a weapon's cursed that it couldn't possibly be FORCED from my hand is kind of silly. Cursed weapons are a good thing for us, not exactly a curse, so that just means I'm careful about where I disarm and which weapon I use in specific situations. I lost my etched to a disarm because I was at work and didn't have all my triggers on this system... but if I'd been paying attention I never would have lost it. Not much reason to grouse about it, it was my fault I didn't pick it back up.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:36 pm

I echo Ashiwi's perspective regarding disarm. Consider if you were the mob being disarmed. If some punk mob was disarming me and my weapon fell you can rest assured that I would give him a fierce b*tchslap in an attempt to recover my weapon.

Also, if you consider the effort/skill required to parry AND disarm a mob you can quickly see how difficult it would be to hold your weapon. This might be akin to driving a manual transmission vehicle while making a u-turn and taking on a cell phone with no headset.

I am still waiting for a zone with mobs that disarm PCs and headbutt *accuse area immorts*.

Disarm is way too uber powerful given the bug that currently co-exists with it.

Mike Alstott sends you sprawling with a powerful bash.

Toarn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:00 pm

When you curse something, it is basically magic super-glue...it wont come off of you. If they can force it out of your hand by a disarm, why cant i force it out of my hand to make it drop on the ground? or have one of my friends pry it out of my hand instead of having to uncurse it or myself...the logic fails, it should be changed but never will. This has come up way to many times and will be trashed as usual.

------------------

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:10 pm

You get disarmed, the sword gets knocked out of your hand. You can unwield a cursed weapon cant you? You just cant drop it. This is why i think its stupid that cursed weapons hit the floor. You get disarmed, and your sword is cursed, your weapon falls into your inventory. This should also apply to mobs. If i disarm dranum, his ebony should fall into his inventory, not to the floor.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:41 am

two points i def. agree is, cursed weapon should drop into inventory and if u can drop cursed weapon by failing disarm badly, u should be able to force drop cursed weapon.
i just found it odd coz i never disarmed using cursed weapon b4.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:57 am

shake thanuk because dranum not initiating the disarm with you.

cursed weapons...

you refuse to change weapons leave it ect... you can most of the times unwield it depending on the curse.

Its like the guy with the ratty backpack, hes carried it for 10 years its worn out, has holes, the zippers don't work, he puts it down, but he might beat you over the head if you tried to take it from him.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
gruldo
Sojourner

Postby gruldo » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:44 am

i disagree, cuz you can disarm a cursed weapon from a mob, why shoudn't your weapon be able to fall the same way?

------------------
Grul-Diggity!
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gruldo:
<B>i disagree, cuz you can disarm a cursed weapon from a mob, why shoudn't your weapon be able to fall the same way?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe that rule should also apply to mobs, so you cant twink cursed weapons by disarming mobs. so if u disarm them, it drops into their inventory.
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:17 pm

Disarm is fine how it is. Get it to 90 and you wont drop it at all. I'm sure it was just intended for you not to fumble, end of story.

------------------
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aedaris:
<B>Disarm is fine how it is. Get it to 90 and you wont drop it at all. I'm sure it was just intended for you not to fumble, end of story.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to agree. I have my disarm maxed and cant tell you when I last dropped a weapon to a disarm.

Toarn -Chiggidy check yo self before you wreck disarm-
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Also, if you consider the effort/skill required to parry AND disarm a mob you can quickly see how difficult it would be to hold your weapon.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a realism standpoint, this is absolute bull.

I have done it, in reality, with and against a variety of weapons.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:18 pm

The fact remains, if you can drop during a disarm, you should at least be able to put the item in your bag. Somebody forcing a weapon out of your hand has !special physics behind it, it is all a matter of force. Given this, you should also be able to exert this amount of force to put it in your bag.

On a side note, Mobs that pick up their weapons when blind is just retarded and needs to go...If they can do it, why cant I? Because I cant see my weapon? Heh, Whatevah!

------------------

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”