+h3 ph4+ l3w+z

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

+h3 ph4+ l3w+z

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:10 pm

Ok, almost every highlevel holds the opinion that cash is 'broken'. That is, it no longer holds the value or appeal that it once did, and since highlevels really don't have to spend much cash (with the notable exception of rogues, IIRC) it isn't used as much as it could be in commerce.

What are the ideas people have for fixing cash?

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:26 pm

i'm always broke and need cash. dunno what u guys are doing with your but it sure has a use

------------------
Nokie group-says 'what a rip-off, I spend months incapacitating navy seamen and doing 28,000 bandages and now we get tons of practice here in bronze citadel'
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:00 am

More and more high level quests require the expenditure of large amounts of money. I know I've spent over 10k on questing arrows alone (stupid missile shield bug . . .).

The cash concentrations seem to be in the hands of people who lead zones. The cash you get from looting all the mobs and various items that aren't worth using but can be sold to shops can quickly inflate your bank account.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:58 am

Uh...

If you guys don't want your money anymore, I'll take some and get my "fly eq" Image (you know, wings or other fly eq) since I never win them while bidding. Maybe some better rings or shoes...

*drifts off dreaming of better eq*

EDIT: explaning "fly eq"
------------------
Musi "your happy little resser"

[This message has been edited by Musi (edited 12-05-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treladian:
<B>
The cash concentrations seem to be in the hands of people who lead zones. The cash you get from looting all the mobs and various items that aren't worth using but can be sold to shops can quickly inflate your bank account.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LAUGH
leaders can only get rich IF they can beat the ninjas.. which never happens to me... and i am on a t1 from work and cable from home....

------------------
MoM-D
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:02 am

but anyhow
what happened to the "Trade routs" that i heard about when i first started here??

------------------
MoM-D
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:27 am

I am the ninja master. And my bank account reflects this!

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:43 am

Told you it(ninja) keeps them happy!

------------------
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:46 am

"LAUGH
leaders can only get rich IF they can beat the ninjas.. which never happens to me... and i am on a t1 from work and cable from home...."

When you can grab this pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave the temple grasshopper . . .

I suppose one advantage I sometimes have is that anyone trying to ninja loot on something we just killed often gets a handful of arrows that keeps them from grabbing any coins :P

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:25 am

I'm just proud that I figured out what the title of this thread said (after an exhausting study). Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>I'm just proud that I figured out what the title of this thread said (after an exhausting study). Image

I seriously had no fricken clue Image

Only reason i read the thread. I still don't know the translation.

------------------
peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:46 am

The fat loots, I believe... But I'm no elite jargon major.... that's just a guess.

Zalkenai
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>i'm always broke and need cash. dunno what u guys are doing with your but it sure has a use

OK. Yet, strangely, anytime I try to buy anything decent, even if I offer 10k or so, I get a response along the lines of 'come on, this came from a HARD fight'. Thus implying that it's easy as pie to amass 10k. And just about anyone else I talk to who only has plats and tries to get decent eq has indicated they have a similar problem.

I'm not pointing a finger at anyone for demanding more cash, because evidently the market will bear it. I'm just pointing out that the market is getting kind of screwy.

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:56 pm

what are you trying to buy?

------------------
Nokie group-says 'what a rip-off, I spend months incapacitating navy seamen and doing 28,000 bandages and now we get tons of practice here in bronze citadel'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:58 pm

It used to be easier to buy eq than to trade for it. But with the large assortment of eq available now that wasn't then, its really impossible to determine a standard value for eq. TG's used to be 1.5k. Always. Now, anywhere from 2k to 300p. Its not that plat is useless, but theres no scale to judge selling eq on, so people are afraid to sell eq for plat cuz they dont want to get burned.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:19 pm

that was when leveling was harder and u couldn't twink stuff as well right?

------------------
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
what are you trying to buy?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Credibility and/or friends to follow him to his death. *wink mori*

- Grungar "d00d, j00 60774 570P \/\/r171n6 1N 1337" Forgefire
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:42 am

411 j00 1337 6uy2 53|\|D /\/\3 j00 c45|-|!

]{411i|\|4R 1i]{35 7|-|4 81i|\|6 81i|\|6.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:09 am

When my already completed zone finally goes in (wait for it!) I want to do a project with lots of cash sinks in it... hopefully if you can get something worthwhile with cash, it will be often spent and thus become worth something.

Just my idea on the planning table for now.

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerad:
<B>When my already completed zone finally goes in (wait for it!) I want to do a project with lots of cash sinks in it... hopefully if you can get something worthwhile with cash, it will be often spent and thus become worth something.

Just my idea on the planning table for now.

G

Actually, I understand there are several projects currently in motion to utilize massive amounts of cash (Airship is but the first). Very cool idea, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Dalar, I'm just trying to buy zonable eq. Nothing fancy. It took me over a month just to get fly eq for an alt, for example, since Brass was always getting done, and noone wanted to sell evilable wings.

Thanuk, very insightful.

------------------
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:38 pm

I agree with the fact that no one knows what things are worth in plat.

I also want to agree with Moritheil that platinum is far less valuable than it was in past wipes. I once again say, until guild halls go in, or these guest sinks for plats go in, platinum is << an item.

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Croban/Owom:
<B>I agree with the fact that no one knows what things are worth in plat.

I miss the old and spammy days of shouted auctions in Soj1/Toril. Back then you had a good feeling for the market value of something. Now almost every transaction is quiet, the results know only by a few.

We need some more guild auctions. That is one way to get some value perception back in the market. And then maybe I can spend some of my plat!

It isn't like I can never cut a deal for plats, but it is very rare. Depending on mutual coincidence of wants (see, I was awake in Econ!) only works for the eq hoarders.

Zouve
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zouve:
<B>Depending on mutual coincidence of wants (see, I was awake in Econ!) only works for the eq hoarders.

Zouve</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ind33d. So, while everyone's proposing to shake things up, have a look at this as well.

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:25 am

Just as an added update. Erevan was good enough to fix the biggest broken money area in the game the other day. I am ffairly sure it was a nice little secret for some time.

That is three times he has fixed things that needed it! Great job!

Hopefully, now plats will have a chance to regain some value.

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Croban/Owom:
<B>Just as an added update. Erevan was good enough to fix the biggest broken money area in the game the other day. I am ffairly sure it was a nice little secret for some time.

That is three times he has fixed things that needed it! Great job!

Hopefully, now plats will have a chance to regain some value.

Nice kudos, were you congratulating him on fixing a bug you've been exploiting for a long time?.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:22 pm

Actually, since I learned of it a few weeks ago I had petitioned and asked players/gods about why it existed. I numerous times petitioned to have it removed. Just happened that Erevan was the one that understood how broken it made the game.

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:08 am

<B>ffairly

thats too ffunny
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Risaros:
thats too ffunny</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he was talking to the MS ffolk.

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”