Question regarding quest items and help with them

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Myre
Sojourner

Question regarding quest items and help with them

Postby Myre » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:36 pm

recently I have started working seriously on the class i've played for almost 10 years...(well a branch of it since they nix'd sorcerers *grumble*) Enchanter.

in doing so I will inevitably run into the HAZZARD of wanting to do the dragonscales quest...

My situation is this...due to RL time constraints...my time online is fleeting at best.. and the chance i'll run into a reboot or a crash is minimal due to my work schedule..BUT i still need dragonscales to work on this quest..

So my question is...

It is 'legal' for me to 'hire' dragon hunters.. i.e. not just flat out 'buy' a scale or trade for it...but rather offer up a 'bounty' for 'proof of death' of a certain dragon so long as it's in role play? I figure if people like the elf mage in greycloak and the falcon boots quest guys can send people to 3 zones to gather items they need....can we essentially turn ourselves into 'quest pcs'.

It seems to be tiptoe'ing on the edge of buying/selling/trading quest items..but man i could write one hell of a trigger set and story to make the whole quest work from PC emotes and responses hehe..
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:11 pm

I've hired myself out for money to help folks with kills. I offer up money to have other folks help me with kills for a quest. I don't see where it'd be a big deal if you paid a group of people money or items, then they could hunt the dragon for you when you're not around. Same as putting a bounty on the mob's head. Of course, if you didn't put the money up right away and only gave the money upon delivery of the scale, this would be the same as buying the item, so that probably wouldn't be allowed.

------------------
-Yayaril
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:43 pm

nah i'm lookin to hire a group of roughnecks to roll a lizard!.

Some real rootin' tootin' dragon slayin fiends of mankind!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:29 pm

why don't u just ask for the items without paying? should work.

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:20 pm

I've never said no to a free wyrm smack-down! :P

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”