EXP AREAS

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
gchien30
Sojourner

EXP AREAS

Postby gchien30 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the MUD and based in Waterdeep. I'm just wondering where are some good exp places I can solo as a level 12 half-elf ranger. I've been killing in the Sedawi village and already checked out goblin caves, ant farms, and faeries.

Thanks!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:03 am

Stuff east of Waterdeep, along Black Griffon Road. I think gnolls might be good xp for you too, those are south at the split after the magic gates east of WD.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:21 am

those gnolls track and are agro and around level 18 i think.

the wives up in IC are good, watch out for the privates and court patrols (off duties don't assist).

buffalos and horses east of goblin caves are nice. especially since buffalos don't have memory. you probably need to be high teens to low 20s for them though.

split shield (east of MT skeldrach which is east of goblin caves) has a bunch of teens mobs but lots will assist each other and you'll probably want someone to show you the way.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:57 am

Any gods think of putting something like this under the "help newbie" title. Could be something like "help newbie_leveling". Short description for good leveling places for 1-10, 10-20, 20-30. No exact dirs, generic zones that accept both good and evils. To quote Jay Jay the Jet Plane..."Think about it".

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor / Kaf / Pofas
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:39 am

My friends level 17 troll warriors was getting 1 notch per kill on the gnolls. Just to give you a base of what they are worth.

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'

Ssissu group-says 'I think some goodies just complain to complain'

Ssissu group-says 'it's like a ranger complex'
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:13 am

Try "credits"

It lists all current zones, their level made for, and who made it.

Toplack

------------------
gchien30
Sojourner

Postby gchien30 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:18 pm

Thanks guys!
The buffalo and horses tore me up pretty fast, I think I'll wait a few more levels to kill the gnolls (im 13 now), and I hear IC is pretty far away with lots of aggros on the way. Is there anything else around here?
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:44 pm

You can always pay a visit to the friendly orcs of Split Shield.
gchien30
Sojourner

Postby gchien30 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:02 pm

I found the sign pointing towards splitshield.. but now I'm lost in the mountains. Could someone point me in the general direction once you get to that sign? thanks.
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:06 pm

To find Split Shield climb the high mountain peak and head south. Sure the paths may lead you east and down some, but it is surely a southerly path you wish to take. Upon climbing down the high peak and finding the lake cross it going east and head south again. That should allow you to find those evil orcs.

------

Yes, their is a credit command and it shows the supposed level of the zone. Regarding exp this means nothing or little. Trollbark is a level 30-40 zone, but I wish you luck surviving it as a level 30 if you aren't prepared and have a decent group (my enchanter found this out the hard way and the 30ish warrior who CRd me had to do it spam moving, because soloing aggressive tracking multiple mobs isn't really a choice). Secondly, it doesn't give directions. No, you don't need exact directions, but "far to the east beyond the mountain" to find Split Shield would at least help out people.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor / Kaf / Pofas
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:26 pm

Oooooh, here's one that's rarely used because it's so far out of the way. Pirate Isle!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”