On the Road

Share your original RP stories here.
Storyteller
Sojourner

On the Road

Postby Storyteller » Wed May 14, 2003 12:53 am

It was with very fond memories that I left Waterdeep this time. The ale was cool, the people happy to hear my stories and the wenches... well let's just say that fame has its rewards, eh?

It was later on my journies that I spied an interesting sight. These old eyes of mine, they still work better than most I find. The desert, it lets you see funny things at different times. Why, I once saw a whole troupe of ogres cavorting with pixies, and I fool you not.

But anyways, it was most interesting. There are plenty of caravans throughout the desert, of that there's no doubt. But these people, they travelled under full black cloak, as though they were concealing something. Naturally, I sensed a wonderful tale and followed this group along their path.

East they travelled, into the mountains that flanked the great Calimshan desert. Pursuit didn't seem to bother them, and indeed if not for their suspicious garb I wouldn't have given them a second thought. They were surely sweltering beneath their dark cloaks, and I was intensely curious about this group.

They turned aside at the great Sphinx that guards the desert kingdom of Nizari and journeyed down the rocky path through the foothills. I skulked along behind the caravan, striving to catch a glimpse of the cargo or the caravaners. After travelling a short while, the caravan turned north and began to ascent into the mountain. Now, I've heard of some old ruined settlement up that way, infested with something nasty so I've always stayed away.

My curiosity wasn't enough that I wanted to venture into a cursed city, so I shrugged and decided to turn back and resume my journey into Calimport. As I did so, as though my wisdom was being rewarded, the wind shifted and blew the cover aside over the cargo. I was able to catch a brief glimpse of the crates, each one emblazoned with a curious symbol. My curiosity only mildly abated, wisdom prevailed over foolishness and I began to retrace my path, idly puzzling over the symbol that was my only clue to this most curious caravan.

A circular symbol, centered by a star with spiraling red orbs from the center and filled with jagged arcs of lightning. Most perplexing indeed...
Storyteller
Sojourner

Postby Storyteller » Sat May 17, 2003 9:23 pm

Calimport has such a unique atmosphere to it, but one just can't affort to spend much time there. It gets tiresome having to fend off all the little pickpockets, and my stories are much more welcome in Baldur's Gate or Waterdeep.

Leaving the town, I had the misfortune to stumble into another group of oddly dark-garbed people. They paid me little heed, too busy speaking in their hushed whispers about some impending experiment. The assortment of spell components I smelled was ample encouragement to leave them alone, but I can't help but wonder about this experiment that they will be having sometime soon.

Return to “Stories”