The Chronicles of Twilight Raven: To be a Knight

Share your original RP stories here.
Korin
Sojourner

The Chronicles of Twilight Raven: To be a Knight

Postby Korin » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:57 pm

He walked through the streets with a renewed vigor; today was the day he got to meet with the master Anti-Paladin. He had proven his meager sword skills time and again in guard duty, and it was time to take things to the next step. Upon arriving, he was lead down a dark hallway to an obsidian doorway, which was opened for him. As he walked in, he saw the old master was waiting for him. "Ah, glad to see you are so punctual, Dronak." The old master moved closer to engage in their meeting, "And so you wish to become a dark knight." Dronak agrees and the old master continued, "Well, I'm sure you can guess, we do not just call someone a Dark Knight when they walk in. You will need to prove your prowess. As your skills improve, you will return here for regular training sessions. Also, after the initial ceremony, you will be granted spells by our gods. As for new spells, they will give them as they see fit. But, to become a true Dark Knight you must also perform a very special quest." As he spoke, he moved about the room, watching Dronak.

At the pause, Dronak asked curiously, "What quest do you have for me?"

"Certainly it is not something that you will complete so quickly. You will need skills to finish it, and through the quest, you will have proven yourself to us. You must find and obtain a dark sword of power. It would be a long black sword that is cruelly jagged and notched along its length. The sword's blade has an intense black, with streaks of red interspersed. The blade makes a hideous whistling sound as it is swung through the air, sounding the death of any opponent. All the help I can give you is that a man named Kern might know something of its whereabouts. He will instruct you further. This sword is the symbol of your completion. Show this to me, and I will name you a Dark Knight of Bloodstone. Before you leave town, first go to the temple. The priests there will perform the initiation ceremonies."

The ceremony that followed was rather dull for Dronak. His thoughts spun with the things to come: countless adventures, powerful adversaries, unexplored lands, and most of all, the sword and rank of his ultimate goal. When the ceremony was complete, his thoughts were jarred back to reality as the powers of the gods coursed through him. After regaining his composure, he was brought to the meditation hall where he was shown how to pray for his spells, and told how to recognize which spells he would be able to cast. Dronak practiced for a short while with his new spells before heading to the local shop to buy travel supplies. He wouldn't be able to buy much he figured. After depositing his remaining cash, he set out for the gates to begin the next stage of his life.

**Update** The fall of his beloved Bloodstone, has done nothing to prevent his quest. Bumps in the road are expected. All that matters is whether it makes or breaks you.
Korin
Sojourner

Delay

Postby Korin » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:59 pm

Sorry for the delay on getting this posted. I've had it written since I created Dronak, but that was back when we were having problems with the BBS.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish up part 3 of Laen's story and have that up soon too. I know some people are eager to finish reading what I've leaked out. :wink:

~Drath/Dronak

Return to “Stories”