Sheep Herding

Share your original RP stories here.
Iduna
Sojourner

Sheep Herding

Postby Iduna » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:31 pm

Apon leaving her apartment this morning Iduna had stopped into the Twilight Raven office as she normally does only to find it empty once again. Heading back out the door wandering towards the Northern Gates of WaterDeep she comes to a quick halt as she notices Llandrien speaking with an ancient elven woman. Iduna stands quietly taking in their conversation.
"I've been Looking for you Llandrien Brightwater" the elven woman softly states.
Llandrien ponders a moment
she procedes to ask 'There is a lake in the glades near your homeland, Brightwater. Do you know of it?'
Llandrien nods, 'Aye, I know of a few lakes in my homeland.'
An elite militia guard looks around, observing everything for trouble.
The elven woman says calmly 'I need a number of creatures brought to the shores of the lake in the glade.
Llandrien muses, 'Well that certainly sounds more enjoyable than spelunking for artifacts. What sorts of creatures?'
Iduna listens attentively to such an odd request.
'A dozen or so sheep should be reasonable, or cattle. Horses wouldn't be refused.'
Llandrien chuckles politely "'Well I think I can do something about that. It seems like an odd request, but an interesting one.'
turning to Llandrien with a puzzled look on her face "we are going sheep herding?'she shakes her head glancing back to the ancient elven woman as she giggles' You are aware he is a Ranger not a farmer'
Llandrien muses, 'Well I had best be about the task.'
' I guess he is today' Iduna snickers.
An ancient elven woman says calmly 'Thank you for your aid, Brightwater. It is invaluable.'
bowing deepling to her, he turns to Iduna.
Llandrien grins ' As are you.follow me'
she Nods following behind him quickly as he strides out of the northern gates.
Traveling swiftly Llandrien heads to his homeland. Iduna hurries her pace to keep up.
Passing through places Iduna has yet to ever see although this trip she wouldn't see all that much.Stopping to rest and to wait for Iduna to catch up Llandrien leans against a tall tree. "you really need to get out more,Iduna' Taking a deep breath ' I get out I just take my time'
' I generally do as well but not this time, we must be off' He quickly takes to his pace, Iduna follows quickly.Finally comming to a dirt road The view of the village is obscured here by some small trees, a farmer is herding his sheep.
Llandrien tips his hat toward a peasant farmer.'Greetings Friend'
Iduna smiles 'excuse us farmer, would you be willing to sell your sheep?'
nodding the farmer says 'Ye be sure'n I do, m'lady.' she flashes Llandrien a subtle grin,
looking over the sheep "they are in excellent condition we shall take them'
Llandrien eyes the sheep casually. 'I'm not so sure, they're coats seem a might thin to me.'
Llandrien muses, 'But who am I to argue with the lady.'
'Well, lad, ye may enjoy wearin' heavy coats in the summer rain, laddie, but my sheep don't find it so kind. They's been shorn not long past.' the Farmer smirks.
grabbing for coins in her purse she pays the farmer for his sheep.
He nods ' I have only these eight with me'
Llandrien muses, 'Eight will have to do then.'
Iduna receives a shepherds crook from a peasant farmer. "thank you sir' turning in attempt to round up her herd of sheep.
Llandrien muses, 'You'd best keep a close eye on your flock now Iduna, they tend to wander.'
Llandrien chuckles 'so whose the sheep herder?'
'So just call me Bo Peep' she says with wink.
Llandrien muses, 'Thank you sir, it was a pleasure doing business with you.'
The farmer tips his hat and proceeds back to his home.
'Have you got them all together yet,I think you need more practice with that crook.' Llandrien grins
Raising her brow glancing at him 'Im not a sheep herder, your the ranger maybe they should follow you' she chuckles. 'No, you're doing a fine job lets get them to the lake, shall we' he takes the path a bit of a slower pace at this point. Iduna and her flock of sheep trailing behind. One by one each sheep drifts from the path, Iduna runs after trying to round them up. Iduna eyes her sheep as they wander off yet again.
Llandrien muses, 'Keep them together.'
Walking away from the path she gathers yet more of her herd waving her hands franticly back to Llandrien.
Llandrien muses, 'It seems they are a full time job. I'll see what I can do about transportation.'
Glancing appreciatively to him "Thank you Llandrien that would help.'
Baaa...Baa ...Baa is all that was heard as the sheep graze and wander as Llandrien attempts to find an easier way to travel.
Selerial Senthochi'iral comes quickly to our aide. Looking Iduna over 'oh, a shepherd's crook..that makes them follow you?.' he snickers.
"You would think so but maybe only for a sheep herder' she sighs.
Selerial tugs his leg away from the sheep as it nibbles on his boot.
Llandrien muses, 'They follow of their own will sometimes it seems.But you have to chase them down when they wander, they are sheep after all' Selerial nods 'aye,I hear tell it's an experience..'
"I'd say' as Iduna tries to gather another sheep beginning to wander off.
Llandrien snickers, 'It does serve to keep Iduna out of trouble though, so it's a good thing.'
Iduna chuckles while counting her sheep "very busy, what about that transportation I'm tired of chasing these sheep'
Selerial utters an Elven phrase suddenly a magic well is formed. He and Llandrien enter as Iduna Jerks her crook in attempt to encourage the sheep to enter..finally with some probing they all do.
The well takes them to a small trail just outside The Sylvan Glades. '
The pond isn't to far ahead now' Llandrien assures them.
Suddenly attacked by an Orc apparently tantalized by the sheep.
Iduna tries to protect her flock Llandrein rescues her quickly as the Orc lunges toward her.Selerial's thunder lance slams into an orc with terrible force killing him instantly. Llandrien mutters.'Teach you to try and steal our sheep!'
Proceeding southward overcome by a serene feeling of peace and comfort comes from the shimmering reflections from the pond.Llandrien muses, 'Well this is the place I think.' Iduna leads her flock to the refreshing ponds waters. She watches over them as they drink heartily.
Llandrien's voice becomes more stern, 'Leave the sheep here and lets depart, I do not think we wish to be around for what comes next.'
Selerial says 'pray, why should we fear..' as he walks away with Llandrien.
Iduna quickly turns to Llandrien her eyes widen 'What do you mean what's going to happen to them?'
'Quickly Iduna, don't ask questions' Llandrien motions for her to follow
Glancing back eyeing her flock she follows Llandrien away from the pond.
The surface of the water trembles, then appears to boil. Rumbles from the
ground travel up through your feet, growing from barely noticed shifts to
blatant trembling. As birds rise up from the trees in a rush of wings, the
surface of the lake bursts. Through the spray, you watch as a massive dragon flows up into the air. A bugling cry echoes across the sky, before the glimmering gold creature spies the livestock provided. They are quickly devoured, each beast a mouthful.
Iduna gasps a quick breath jerking her head towards Llandrien "The sheep were Food!'' quickly dropping her head in her hands.
Shaking his head Llandrien muses. "What did you think they were for'
Iduna's shoulders fall to her sides "well to be honest I had forgotten how the ancient can disguise herself so the Elven woman asking for sheep through me'
the great ancient dragon takes wing again, flying off to the East.
They turn to the sky watching the fading form of the dragon in the sky.
Llandrien watches with great interest. Llandrien muses, 'It always amazes me how an ancient can hide in the most unusual and un suspecting places.'
Selerial says 'impressive beasts, every time I see one'
Llandrien muses, 'I think you had best head home friends, I think I will spend some time here and reacquaint myself with my home.'
Selerial bows, 'fare thee well, sir, madam'
' Thank you for your company both of you' Llandrien tips his hat.
'Farewell, Selerial ... LLandrien.' Iduna curtseys, utters a single word and disappears.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:45 pm

Iduna!!

Me neither!!

Good story! Keep writing! I wanna hear about the pshifting next!!! *wink*

Eli :)
Someone group-says 'bleh, nothing rare loaded.
You group-say 'I loaded this boot and I'm a rare!!'
Aloura bids on Elisten.
Aloura group-says 'she's like +200 hps (vit), unlimited full heal with nice treatment, and all sorts of extra spell-ups and procs!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "damn... that was fun!"
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:51 pm

I'm fer thinkin' it do be dragon huntin' season at that lake. I could definitely be usin' me a bit o dragon scale dis' an' dragon scale dat around me.

Return to “Stories”