EVERQUEST - Kalesta's Saga (Part 3)

Share your original RP stories here.
Wulv
Sojourner

EVERQUEST - Kalesta's Saga (Part 3)

Postby Wulv » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:35 pm

*-*-* The Spy *-*-*
---------------------

Kalesta looked up from her studies, “I wonder what interesting things have happened in the hall since I sent my little spy there?” pondered Kalesta. So she walked out of her study into her study lab and sent for a call to the air elemental that was currently residing in the hall of the Ancienne Noblesse. With a slight rustling and a brief breeze of air, the elemental returned. “You have called me back Kalesta,” whistled the air elemental. How she HATED them for using her name when nobody else was around, but she remained calm on the outside not giving the elemental any satisfaction in knowing just how much it annoyed her when they did that.

“Yes I did PET,” said Kalesta with a smirk as she noticed a slight twitching in the form of the elemental, she had pissed it off. And she knew what she did next would cause it pain and that thought was so exciting to her that she had to fight to hold her outward appearance calm.

One thing that Kalesta had been researching was how to transfer the contents of an elemental mind, at least what information it had gathered since forming in this realm. This was done with a crystal that she could then cast a scrying spell upon and in essence see and hear what it had heard. But the process was extremely painful and would destroy the form of the elemental on this plane. But she did not care, it would learn that she was not once to be trifled with, even with the Elemental Lords pulling her strings.

She beckoned the air over to one of her desks and picked up one of her enchanted scrying crystals. She was interested to see if this worked, if it didn’t, when then the air would just think she was taking out frustration on it and laugh and mock her. But if it worked, the ecstasy to hear this arrogant little bastard scream in agony as she literally ripped the contents of it’s mind out.

Kalesta picked up one of the crystals and held it before the elemental, “Do you know what this is PET?” Kalesta sneered. The elemental just stared at her and shrugged, “Excellent,” thought Kalesta, “he doesn’t suspect a thing.” With that she droved the crystal into the area of the elementals brain and the crystal glowed a deep purple and began to pulse. The air elemental’s limbs were locked straight out as it’s whole body began to convulse. The intensity of the glowing crystal increased until there was an audible POP and the air elemental disappeared. Kalesta had to shake herself from the rapture of the air’s screams to catch the crystal before it shattered on the floor.

Unable to contain herself anymore she quickly cast a scrying spell upon the crystal and was rewarded with images of the elemental looking at her and hearing her own words to it that she had spoken several days ago. Kalesta cut the spell off and the images faded. She then walked to her lounge area of the tower and pulled out a brand new box that had holders inset inside it that fit the crystal she held in her hand. She placed the crystal in the case and put it back on a shelf upon a bookcase on the wall.

Kalesta then walked over to her cabinet and pulled out a bottle of fine wine from the human city of Qeynos and poured herself a glass. Then she went and relaxed up her sofa and let her thoughts begin to scheme and plan. She knew the Elemental Lords or at least the Air Lord would be visiting her soon. But she also knew that he would not kill her, she was too valuable to them alive. Kalesta let out an evil little chuckle as she took a deep drink from her glass of wine. Then almost on cue there was a strong gust of air from her lab, followed by a wave of heat. “Well two of them have come to play,” Kalesta thought to her self. She took another drink from her glass, set it down on the nearby table, and walked into her lab.

Kalesta was immediately restrained with strands of air and whistling roar could be heard screaming at her, “YOU GO TOO FAR MORTAL!!!” screamed the Air Lord at her. “You will know pain for your act against one of my lieutenants,” continued the Air Lord. “It was just an experiment,” stated Kalesta in a calm cool voice, “I didn’t know your lieutenants were so weak that a simple cantrip could hurt them so.” With this said the Fire Lord blasted her with many daggers of fire. The pain was excruciating and the Air Lord began to smash her into the wall and he also threatened to pull her arms from their sockets if she didn’t tell them what she did to the air elemental. Kalesta felt a wave of pride and satisfaction, obviously it had hurt the elemental far more than she had ever dreamed. Kalesta screamed in pain as the Air Lord wrenched her left arm so hard that it popped out of its socket. Kalesta knew the sweet bliss of unconsciousness was coming for her soon and there was nothing that the Elemental Lords could do to stop it. Just as the blackness was about to overtake her she had a nasty little thought, “What is these crystals could be used on people or other beings,” chuckled Kalesta to herself as she passed out.

When Kalesta awoke at a later time her body hurt everywhere, but her arm was back in its socket and a fair number of her wounds where healed. “They need me too bad to risk killing me,” she chuckled to herself as she stood up. Kalesta wandered about her lab and picked up a few things that had gotten broken or shuffled around.

As Kalesta walked into her lounge she pick up the glass of wine and found that it was still cool. They indeed had healed her well, Kalesta thought as she tossed down the last of the wine. She walked over and refilled her wine glass and pulled the crystal from its box on the book case and cast her scrying spell as she sat back to enjoy the show.
Uggrax - Troll Mauler / Eater of Many Things
Kelathor - Druid of Silvannus
---
Jnar - Barbarian Conjurer [Order of the Wyrm (1st Edition)]

Return to “Stories”