EVERQUEST - Kalesta's Saga (Part 4)

Share your original RP stories here.
Wulv
Sojourner

EVERQUEST - Kalesta's Saga (Part 4)

Postby Wulv » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:36 pm

*-*-* A new hatred and a new life!!! *-*-*
------------------------------------------

This is an excerpt from the journal of Kalesta X’Harak, Elemental Mistress of Norrath and all other realms.
---
I write this so that I do not forget to do something about it at a later time. For the past fortnight I have been plagues with dreams of a land where the animals are larger than I have ever seen them. A simple bear inspires fear into my being, this is not right. Something or somebody is trying to get into my head; I have had this exact same dream. It must be sign! Maybe my lord Innoruuk is trying to tell me what my next “mission” is to be, but it doesn’t have his feel to it, close but just not right. It’s almost as if one of the other gods is trying to play with my mind, but who would be so powerful to penetrate my wards and shields to get to my mind. The land that I see is lush and green and filled with common animals but they are far from “common”. There is only one place that comes to mind that this might be, the Plane of Growth. That bitch Tunare must be trying to drive me crazy, she fears my power. I shall destroy her someday and she knows it. Yes, the more I think of it, it must be her. She can only get to my mind when I’m asleep and relaxed, still she must be more powerful than I had imagined to penetrate my wards. I must remember to strengthen them in the morning, I am tired and I have need to return to sleep.

Well it is three days since my last entry and strengthening the wards seems to have worked. I have not been bothered by those stupid dreams of the Plane of Growth or Tunare since. I think I shall make a trip to Norrath and lay waste to a few hundred of Tunare’s children that she seems to love so much.
---
Several days later Kalesta having prepared for only a short journey left for Norrath and arrived in the halls of the Ancienne Noblesse. She quickly exited the place for she was still on bad terms with that bunch but it was too much work to reset her portal from the Elemental Nexus to another location, for now that is.

Kalesta feeling bold and in a foul mood made her way to the western part of the Commonlands near Freeport. All that beheld this malicious figure as she made her way across the land could see the look of pure evil.

Upon reaching a point near the ring that the vial druids of Tunare use for their teleportation spells she summoned up her fire pet and her cackling could be heard like claw across a chalkboard.
Spying a young kodiak just in the distance Kalesta barked, “Kill!!! In the name of all that is evil!!! Kill in the name of PURE HATE!!!”

With is said the fire elemental charged off and soon the young bear could be heard wailing in agony as the flames and the blows from the elemental finally ended its life.
“TUNARE!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!” bellowed Kalesta.

“YOUR CHILDREN ARE DYING, AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!” she continued.

“I SHALL SLAY ONE HUNDRED OF YOUR CHILDREN FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU TRY TO INVADE MY MIND OR SANCTUARY” she said with a note of finality.

“Sparky, DESTROY ALL the bears and wolves that you find.” Kalesta said to her fiery friend.

Kalesta then sat upon the guard and mediated and enjoyed the sounds of the animals dying around her and the smell of their burnt flesh on the winds.

“For you my lord, I end each of their lives in the name of hate,” said Kalesta as she whispered a prayer to her lord.

After her meditation was done she could still hear the cries of the dying animals in the distance and took great satisfaction in it. But a sharp pain struck Kalesta in the stomach, it was like someone had stuck a hot poker in her bowels.

Kalesta let loose a feral cry of pain that scared even herself, and her elemental ceased its slaughter and rushed to her side.

“Mistress what is wrong?” asked the fire elemental in its raspy voice.

“Nothing, I just….” Kalesta let lose another cry of agony and fell to her hands and kneels and began emptying the contents of her stomach upon the ground there.

“MY LORD!!?! Have I done something to offend you?!?!” screamed Kalesta in a barely coherent shriek.

“Mistress?” was all the elemental got before it dissipated.

What caused this? Kalesta’s mind raced, for she had not sent the elemental away, it was as if somebody else had dismissed it.

An audible POP interrupted Kalesta’s heavy breathing and retching and a gut-wrenching feeling of being shifted somewhere.

When Kalesta pried her eyes open she almost let out a cry of fear. She was in the land of the dream that had plagued her for several weeks shortly ago.

Out of the trees came a huge bear that looked at her with almost intelligent eyes and then it spoke.

“Follow me now dark one or I will kill you where you stand and don’t think I can not,” the bear said in a very menacing growl.

Kalesta noticed the pain in her stomach was gone but that of dread and a little bit of fear that she refused to acknowledge had replaced it.

Taking a proud stance Kalesta said flatly, “I will follow you BEAR, but I do not do it because you “ordered” me, I do it because I am curious.”

The bear snarled and then said simply, “Follow” and walked into the trees.

Kalesta followed as a short distance and soon they entered a large clearing with a shimmering pool in the middle of it. “Wait here Dark One, Do not leave this clearing or I shall slay you,” with that said the bear walked off into the trees.

Kalesta wandered over to the pool and looked at it, “How cute!” Kalesta thought sarcastically, “There are little fish swimming around in there.”

Something about this place made Kalesta feel “wrong” and her fear-edged paranoia got the best of her.

“TUNARE!!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!! SHOW YOURSELF BITCH!!!” bellowed Kalesta to the sky.

A soft voice behind Kalesta said, “Child you are so dark and alone, how can you live life with nothing but hatred and contempt in your life.”

Kalesta turned around and there stood the radiating figure of Tunare herself. Kalesta forced herself to show no fear.

“So why have you brought me here? O’Mighty One!” sneered Kalesta.

Tunare looked at Kalesta with a profound sadness in her eyes, “Child you have rained death upon my children and for what? Pure love of killing? No, you did it out of fear and emptiness in your life,” said Tunare softly.

“I need nothing in my life save my Lord Innoruuk!!” spat back Kalesta.

“Oh I think you do need more, at least part of you needs more, but as I look deep into your mind I see that you are lost and you may never be found,” sighed the elven mother.

“I can not strike you dead but I will take something from you, you say that you need nothing, then you shall have NOTHING!” Tunare thundered.

With lightning fast reflexes Tunare plunged her had into Kalesta’s abdomen and pulled her hand back she had a golden glowing orb.

When Tunare removed her hand from inside Kalesta, the mage was struck with a wave of weakness. Tunare looked at her and said, “Your god can not help you here in my realm and I shall not kill you today, but you will not spread your hate across Norrath, this I have seen to.”

Tunare cradled the golden orb in her hands and breathed into her hands and something took shape, Tunare kissed it gently and then handed it to the high elf who had appeared at Tunare’s side without Kalesta noticing him before. “You know what to do with this Yeolarn.” With that said he disappeared and Tunare turned back toward Kalesta.

“What do you hate most in life dark one?” asked the goddess.

“YOU!!! I HATE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN!!” snarled Kalesta almost like an animal.

All this did was bring a small chuckle and a smile to the face of Tunare. “Well dark one, I have indeed scored a major victory over you today” smiled Tunare and with that Kalesta felt herself shift and she again stood in the western edge of the Commonlands.

Kalesta was deeply troubled by what Tunare had said, very very troubled.
---
Yeolarn handed the “package” to one of the lesser acolytes and said simply, “Teach her well and guard her from safety, Tunare herself charges you with this duty”

The young acolyte looked down at the young baby girl he held, “I shall name you Edarea and you will be a mighty cleric in the name of Tunare.”

The baby matured very rapidly and in a matter of a few years she appeared to be just over 100 years old, but then her rapid aging stopped and Yeolarn looked at her with great love as she knelt before him waiting for his blessing as she prepared to leave the mighty city of Felwithe for the first time. She still had her idealistic views and was untouched by the hard, cold edge of the world. There was fire in her though and only Yeolarn knew of her origin save Tunare, and he hoped the Edarea would never lose the innocence that she has.

“Go forth child and spread Tunare’s love to all” said Yeolarn as he kissed Edarea’s forehead and stroked her gentle face.

“I will go forth Yeolarn and show all that Tunare is love and I shall return someday to tell you of wonders that I have beheld,” said the sweet young cleric.

“Tunare’s blessing on you all,” said Edarea as she grabbed her backpack and hurried out the door, anxious to begin her new life among the other races that inhabit this beautiful world of Norrath.
Uggrax - Troll Mauler / Eater of Many Things
Kelathor - Druid of Silvannus
---
Jnar - Barbarian Conjurer [Order of the Wyrm (1st Edition)]

Return to “Stories”