Rebirth (I)

Share your original RP stories here.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Rebirth (I)

Postby Sangdraxus » Tue May 03, 2005 12:40 pm

Cobwebs and vines lined the doorway of the darkened crypt marred by time and neglect. Dust had all but covered the quiet mass of stone and black marble inches thick in places. The young warrior had stumbled upon this place sometime ago during his travels through the ruins of Bloodstone, but had left it alone out of respect or maybe there was something else, but whatever it was his curiosity had brought him back to stand before this tomb once again. He slowly dusted off the intricate carving above the doorway revealing a single word…. Blackfire. His hands froze in place as he trailed off the last carved “e”. He had heard this name before, but where.

He let his hands trace along the edges of the stone doors moving them into a large black flame, etched with what seemed to be blood red stone that lay centered on the giant doors, each latched with a single iron handle. There was a crack of a stick that brought his attention to the right, then the left…

"I shouldn’t be here", he said aloud catching his breathe.

"No… you shouldn’t", a voice echoed in his head like a door slamming.

He spun around as if caught by the blow of a sword. There stood, looming before him, a statue that he hadn’t taken notice of before… or was it even there. He put his finger on his temple, doubling over in pain, his head pounding with the echo of that voice. He managed to bring his head up to look at the statue. It seemed to be watching over the crypt, protecting it… or me. The statue was a robed man, hooded, and older in appearance. He held before him what appeared to be a staff made of wood, with a single dark red stone set into the top. How odd that the statue was a man’s actual size, he thought to himself, statues were normally very large likenesses of the original. The detail of the man was immaculate. He ran his fingers across the stone surface and it was oddly warm to the touch. The face was wrinkled and eyes were hard, and staring directly through him.

I really shouldn’t be here, he thought to himself as he turned, again, facing the door. He slowly reached out and grabbed one of the iron rings, pulling gently. The door broke loose easily enough sending a chill down the young man’s spine. Was that laughter? He thought to himself as he glanced around again. Air escaped the door in a sigh whistling along its cracks.

"I must be going mad", he said, and then laughed at himself out loud.

Another tug on the door brought it open completely leaving the young man staring down into darkness.

Return to “Stories”