Rebirth (III)

Share your original RP stories here.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Rebirth (III)

Postby Sangdraxus » Tue May 03, 2005 6:36 pm

The young man begun to think to himself after reading the inscriptions, he HAD heard those names before… but where? He walked around the outside of the sarcophagi to where the names were and began tracing the name Tadra with his finger. Again they were warm to the touch, not cool at all as you would expect from a solid marble slab after years of rest in the dark. He walked to the next and looked at the name ‘Sangdraxus’. He knew that name… somehow.

He snapped his finger and the sound echoed through the chamber. Sangdraxus Blackfire, the outcast of Waterdeep. He had read of this man and his history in the libraries of Waterdeep as a child. It is rumored that he consorted with demons and the horde hoping to one day overthrow Waterdeep and run it as he saw fit.

You almost did it”, the man said aloud touching the letters slowly almost transfixed.

Had it not been for the intervention of the Gods themselves”, he whispered to himself, “you would have succeeded”.

He whistled out loud now understanding where he was at. He looked above him at the vaulted ceilings and noticed chains suspending a large cross facing at an angle towards the two sarcophagi. He glanced around the chamber once more in awe his eyes stopping on the engraved lids once again.

The man noticed now the slow, throbbing sound of footsteps barely discernible in the chamber, and he could see the shadow of a robed figure casting from the flickering lamps. He ducked down hoping he wasn’t already seen, and slowly drew out his short sword.

I knew it!” The man hissed to himself almost slapping his knee, “I knew I shouldn’t be here.”

He inched over slowly looking past the front edge of the sarcophagi trying to get a peak at what odds lay before him. No-one was there at the bottom of the steps and he listened and noticed the movement had stopped. They could be anywhere, he thought, I have got to stay calm, keep my head. He inched around the side keeping his back to the sarcophagi looking left and right as he continued… sword drawn.

Where are they?” He hissed to himself in a panic

Sweat now dripped from his brow as he turned in his place now facing the sarcophagi, and slowly moved upwards until his head was even with the top.

I will take a quick look”, he whispered to himself nodding in reassurance.

As his head breached the top of the sarcophagi he heard that voice again...

Always trust your gut, boy”, the voice echoed in his head, as the pain washed over him.

His body flung forward out of control and he fell outstretched across the sarcophagi. His sword flew helplessly out of his hand echoing across the floor in front of him. The robed figure approached him; a wicked smile was visible splitting a weathered, wrinkled face hidden in the shadow of the hooded cloak.

You’re the man in the statue!” The boy realized as he passed into darkness.

Return to “Stories”