Rebirth (Final)

Share your original RP stories here.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Rebirth (Final)

Postby Sangdraxus » Wed May 04, 2005 3:11 pm

There was a deep rumbling in the chamber as Kaldrannath approached the head of the sarcophagi. It seemed as if the chamber itself was breathing. He slowly traced the image of a sword stopping at what appeared to be a gem on the hilt of the blade and pressed gently. With a pop and a hiss a small hole appeared on the forehead of the engraved visage of Sangdraxus. Kaldrannath glanced up at the young man who was still unconscious hanging upside down from the cross, suspended from the ceiling of the chamber. He held the cup, with the now cooling blood, before him and slowly turned the cup on its side letting the blood pour into the open hole.

From this cup I bring you life” Kaldrannath’s words cut the air like a knife, “Rise!”

When the last of the blood emptied into the hole Kaldrannath touched the hilt again and the hole closed as it had opened. He took a step back staring intently at the lid of the sarcophagi. There was a sudden pop, followed by another… and another. One by one Kaldrannath watched the latches that held the marble lid come loose. His eyes widened in anticipation as air released with a loud hiss from the edges of the lid. The boy, wakened by the rush of air leaving the sarcophagi, opened his eyes groaning. Kaldrannath took notice of the boy’s movement and his visage became darker, but the smile remained.

You see boy!” Kaldrannath spoke in a dark tone, “You have assisted with the end!”

Kaldrannath stepped forward quickly moving the marble lid from atop the sarcophagi. A monstrous thud rang through the chamber as the slab hit the ground sliding to a halt at the base of the pedestal. There was a stir from inside the sarcophagi and Kaldrannath took a step back nodding in satisfaction.

Are the plans in motion Kaldrannath?” A deep, strong voice echoed from within the hollowed chamber.

It is time brother” Kaldrannath replied, “Time for the reckoning

A large gauntleted hand rose from inside the sarcophagi slamming down to grip the side… pieces of marble breaking loose. As the top of Sangdraxus’s head broke the plane of the Sarcophagi he caught the eyes of the young man hanging in front of him.

Good”, Sangdraxus dark tone echoed in the boys head, “It has been a long sleep, and I must feed

Sangdraxus moved forward with surprising speed stepping out to stand in front of the young man. His pale white face was marred by a long jagged scar. His sunken eyes glared lidless at the boy like black pools on a snow covered landscape. Sangdraxus kneeled down grasping the back of the young mans head staring at him intently.

You have served me well in this life boy” Sangdraxus’s words echoed in the mans head, “and so it shall be in your afterlife

Sangdraxus leaned in, fanged teeth sinking deep into his neck. The young man’s screams were followed by a deep gurgling as the blood pouring from the wounds mixed with the air leaving his lungs. Sangdraxus kept drinking taking in deep breathes as the blood left the young man’s body, and he grew pale with loss of blood and life. When he was done he let the boys head fall loose and stood to turn to Kaldrannath who was waiting.

Have you informed the others?” Sangdraxus’s voice echoed throughout the chamber.

It has been longer then we expected brother, we still have much to do” Kaldrannath replied

Sangdraxus reached into the sarcophagi grasping the hilt of his blade. With a skillful swing, obviously testing his strength, the blade came to rest on the scabbard at his side and with another push the blade slides into place perfectly. A smile twisted the skin tight, pale skin on Sangdraxus face. He turned his head looking at the etched lid of his wife Tadra, and his face went somber again. He placed a hand on the lid and moved it along the picture.

For you my love” Sangdraxus sighed in grief, “For you”.

With a turn reaching into the sarcophagi once again he lifts out a helmet carved from bone, blackened from time. Without looking back Sangdraxus moved from the room with sweeping strides, boots pounding on the floor. Kaldrannath nodded with satisfaction and followed.
Noldalie
Sojourner

Re: Rebirth (Final)

Postby Noldalie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Wow, this story bring some memories back...

Let me preface this by saying, I still look for Sojourn/Toril every couple of years, my time here was the best of my gaming career...

Sang + Tadra!!! These are names from the past, how I miss our old outcast days. The raid on WD, epic! Mori taking on the tunnels virtually by himself. Krolb/Turg the beasts!! Remember a outcast sorc named Noldalie? Well, until I was banned for talking smack to Mystra, then my next incarnation, Laranna...

Dbone bracers, Lava pendants, tiny mith earrings, so much fun to get... our raids on CC, and prismatic spraying the undead dragons... Laranna the para queen!

How hard we outcasts had it, lived in that barren city Bloodstone, but my home at least was set to the deserts in the south, made for some very interesting (and long) corpse retrievals. Running thru the vines naked, praying the displacer didn't catch us. I can't believe there's stories from the Sojourn days here! I love how you made Sang a legend from the past, he was!

-Nold
turg
Sojourner

Re: Rebirth (Final)

Postby turg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:22 am

Noldalie wrote:Wow, this story bring some memories back...

Let me preface this by saying, I still look for Sojourn/Toril every couple of years, my time here was the best of my gaming career...

Sang + Tadra!!! These are names from the past, how I miss our old outcast days. The raid on WD, epic! Mori taking on the tunnels virtually by himself. Krolb/Turg the beasts!! Remember a outcast sorc named Noldalie? Well, until I was banned for talking smack to Mystra, then my next incarnation, Laranna...

Dbone bracers, Lava pendants, tiny mith earrings, so much fun to get... our raids on CC, and prismatic spraying the undead dragons... Laranna the para queen!

How hard we outcasts had it, lived in that barren city Bloodstone, but my home at least was set to the deserts in the south, made for some very interesting (and long) corpse retrievals. Running thru the vines naked, praying the displacer didn't catch us. I can't believe there's stories from the Sojourn days here! I love how you made Sang a legend from the past, he was!

-Nold

Heya Nold, long time no see! Hope all is going well. Haven't talked to you in sooooooooooo long. yer post just brought back such great memories! Thanks for that.

Andy AKA Turg

Return to “Stories”