Nenaga

Share your original RP stories here.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Nenaga

Postby Lahgen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:54 am

thanks to Auril for her help in editing.

The moonless, starless sky showed through the window, as Nenaga slept, surrounded in the quiet inn atmosphere. No dream of sorrow, nor joy, nor ecstasy penetrated her deep slumber. As the night revelled in victory over the day, in anticipation of being humbled at the hands of the dawn, the darkness caressed the sleeper, growing deeper as midnight loomed.

Nenaga suddenly opened her eyes, unsure of wakefulness or slumber. Everything was darkness about her, blinding her to all but itself. She was afraid, but for a small voice in her heart, welcoming the comforting nothingness about her. A quiet, euphonous laughter became louder and more distinct, and the shadow filled her heart, soul, and body.

A feeling of deep, mysterious power filled her - mind feeling the siren song of a million mad secrets. Secrets, enticing her, luring her to knowledge of them! She opened herself to it, mind and soul, uncaring of exactly what it was. Without consideration, she gave herself entire to the shadow ecstasy - to the lady who laughed. And then she heard it, a voice singing from within the nothingness.

"Very good, little one, very good...even now, your elder brother Aristan is in thrall to Me despite himself, but you may yet come to Me of your own will and desire..."

Nenaga was overwhelmed with the sheer power...shadow and madness that coursed through her...her only conscious thought was of absolute surrender to that mysterious voice...the singer...the lady of the shadow power. "Yes...." Nenaga managed to whisper to her Mistress.

"You have tasted of My Shadow Weave...serve Me, and you shall learn to wield it."

Nenaga felt it, the power...nothingness...darkness consuming her heart with shadow. The shadow could be wielded to great effect, to serve the Nightsinger, the Lady of Loss. Nenaga thought to herself that it was all a dream...she saw into the darkness, and saw what she now knew was the true path for the universe: To return to nothing!

"You think you are dreaming..." the laughter returned for but a moment, "this is no dream, little one...you have freely given Me your life and your soul. All your dreams now shall be waking nightmares. The Power of the Shadow Weave shall be your sole salvation. Your dreams shall be no longer of joy, but of sorrow, not of the abundance of life but of the darkness that consumes all. From now on, you are of that darkness, Nenaga Vassant..." The laughter once again filled the room, then departed as quickly, leaving the room in the dead stillness of the Night.

Nenaga fell to her knees, kneeling to the shadows just barely beyond her reach. Everything felt more keen than before. Everything in the darkness became sharper, as she opened her eyes and beheld the world anew, reborn as a Shadow Adept of Shar. A grim, sinister smile crossed her face.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “Stories”