Beguiling Scourge of Paladins

Share your original RP stories here.
malakwee
Sojourner

Beguiling Scourge of Paladins

Postby malakwee » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:25 am

From the cover of darkness, he spied upon a human child walking slowly down a tunnel passageway, ignoring what seemed to be the call of his friends who kept taunting him to not be a yellow chicken. The feeble illumination from the laterns that marked the entrance to the Comarian Mines shaft struggled feebly to banish the gloom.

The child, at 3 feet tall with blond hair and soot covered oval face, began to sweat. Akur knew fear, and they boy's face was one terrified though determined. Fear in his enemies sometimes made Akur aroused. Akur knew that the child could not see him in the perpetual gloom of the mines. That fact always gave him an adrenaline rush to charge for the kill.

Recalling what his snake ally, Tssassop, taught him of strategy, he tried to calm himself by counting, as adviced, an imaginary group of elven maidens surrendering to him to do as he pleased. However, as he has yet to grasp the concept of the number five, that strategy always had seemed short lived, frustrating Tssassop no end.

Climbing to the darkness enshrouded cave ceiling, he followed, his muscular long arms easily carrying his weight effortlessly closer to the child, who kept walking deeper and deeper into the gloom with only a small hooded lantern to light his way.

Akur grinned as he saw an opportunity to strike as the child walk around a corner. Letting his hands go, he plunged down on his prey, claws extended for the kill, and was surprised when he dicovered that he could no longer see his prey! He inhaled the air with his crooked long nose. The boy is near! But that scent! He smelled that before, but that belongs to...

"CHARGE!!!"

The scream shattered the quiet stillness of the mines and echoed from all directions, confusing Akur. Then he realized, too late, where that scent came from. It was the bastard halfling that evaded him once.

"ARGh!" Akur screamed as he was slashed in the leg. Snapping into visibility, he saw his adversary, A tall human warrior wielding a gleaming two handed greatsword.

Glancing to the left and right, Akur knew by smell alone that there were others nearby, beyond his normal sight, not to mention the halfling that managed to evade his initial attack and went into hiding... also nearby.

"Your smell new to Akur human! Me no know you... You give Akur pain! Me killed many like you for less!" Akur said snarled his fangs viciously. "Me eat you and me catch your toads. Me hand over toads to me snake! RaRRArRR!!!" Akur charged the human warrior who fought back more viciously than Akur had anticipated.

After a few initial rounds, he heard chanting nearby. Akur noticed that the severe wound he inflicted upon the human seemed to be healed almost as fast as Akur could inflict them. Akur own wounds seem to heal also, though at a much slower rate than that of the human.

"You no troll! How you no hurt again? Who human?" Akur growled at his adversary, his shield smashing the human who managed to jump back, evading the attack.

"A paladin I am, my name is not for the likes of you to know. My fallen friend will know peace once i burn your carcass, fiend!" Another chanting can be heard nearby and suddenly, the human began to move extremely fast!

"Me troll... human think me stoopid. Me no stupid... U think u smart bring no see toads to help you fight Akur. Akur no coward! You coward! You no honor!" Akur spat the words out knowing talking about honor always seemed to enrage the human sort.

"You have NO business talking about honor to ME!" The human glared, but Akur laughed.

<To be continued>
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:29 am

"Bah! Akur spits on human's honor! Human fight like elven whore! Dead toad fought better then human!" Akur grab a potion in each of his hand. He knew one to be a potion to see those hidden by magic and the other to be a strong poison to severely weaken an enemy. Both were gifts from his twisted snake councilor, who had even labelled them.

However, he found himself unable to read the twisted symbols. Muttering about snakes and their superior attitudes, Akur looked forward to peeling the scales off of his councillor's skin for not placing a skull symbol as Akur had instructed on the vial of poison.

The paladin, keeping a cool head, strode forward to engage Akur. Looking at Akur, he made some hand motions, indicating for certain actions to his accomplices by some secret signal. The paladin then said, 'It matters not how you feel my honor to be. You will die by my sword, and your ash shall be interned into the sewers as is fitting a
troll of your stature.'

Akur looked again at the potions that he had in his hands. Damn all snakes and their twisted writings, thought Akur. He knew if he could not see his hidden enemies he will never be able to see tomorrow, permanently. On the other hand, if he quaffed the poison, he will not last long even if he could see those bastards.

Seeing Akur's hesitation, and realizing Akur grabbing something in his hands, the paladin, his speed enhanced, dove in quickly and sent Akur sprawling with a powerful bash. The wind was knocked out of Akur's lung as he fell stunned to the cold hard floor of the cavern.

Stumbling really hard as he tried to stand, Akur released the potions which fell into a hole in the cavern floor. Akur made a desperate move and swung his extended claws to chance hitting the paladin and possibly some of his hidden friends who would think to take advantage of his situation. The paladin once again swiftly dodged aside.

Still seeing Akur staggering, the paladin, careful of not getting within Akur's hands' reach, attacked from a different angle, and plunged his greatsword deeply into Akur's legs, severing it. Akur howled!

The pain made Akur's head swam as he attempted to stand. Another chanting from nearby, and suddenly Akur felt himself becoming drowsy. Feeling angry that he should fall prey to such weaklings, he raised his face up, and on top of his lungs, howled a savage battle cry. If he were to die today, he is determined to take some of his enemies with him.

As he staggered on his remaining foot, the drowsiness grew more severe. Trying to balance himself and moving forward, he found himself falling again. It was weird however that the last thing he would see as he hit the cavern floor was the image of Tssassop's looking at him. Thinking of himself going crazy at the very end, he thought he heard Tssassop laughing as oblivion finally took him.

Return to “Stories”